Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spain in July

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

There's diseases all over the world that you can get while traveling. There's diseases you can get in Ireland.

Did you avoid Spain before because of tiger mosquito or rabies? Jeez, you can get hep A from the food!

Don't be so silly.

Are you One of the people that said ah sure its grand its only happening in China.

Planning a holiday anywhere this year is madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Damiencm

billyhead wrote:
    You can't put your life on complete lockdown until a vaccine is found. If Aer Lingus are flying to my destination in September and there are no restrictions I will go on my trip and try to take all precautions i.e the social distancing, washing hands etc. Life is for living.

+1

Anyone travelling June I would say approach the trip with extreme caution. From July onwards I totally agree with the above poster.

Go on your holiday and take the precautions that we are now all getting used to such as social distancing etc.

I know the holiday may not be the same as past experiences but I for one need the sunshine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Due to fly to Lanzarote on June 26th, Aer Lingus (flights already paid). Accomodation not due to be paid until 2 weeks in advance. Not reaching out yet - but i believe Aer Lingus offer changes to flights? Certainly don't think we're going to be going in June now regardless :(

Are you One of the people that said ah sure its grand its only happening in China.

No, I'm a guy that apparently knows what the world is really like.

Again I ask if you avoid all countries because they have diseases you could get?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Lads,
    Any views on Lanzarote in July? Not really bothered at this stage tbh but Villa has to be paid for in full in May. 2500 so really want to avoid losing hat Money.

Will probably lose flights with Ryanair but what can ye do.

I wouldn’t give anyone any more money, for accommodation. If July rolls around and you’re happy to travel (I wouldn’t personally, but nobody knows what will be going on), you’ll find alternative accommodation without too much trouble id imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

We will reach a point where the consequences of total economic collapse will be worse than the consequences of the virus. There is absolutely no way that the entire world will shut down until a vaccine is found. You think this is bad? Wait until there's civil unrest and you can't walk outside your front door without being mugged at knifepoint and far worse.

There is only so long governments can pay people who have been laid off and there is only so long people are going to obey these strict measures. After that, things will have to start picking up again. Exactly when, we'll have to wait and see, but I expect business travel to pick up first, and then there will be plenty of those who aren't too worried and would rather get a holiday than stay at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Deub

Murt10 wrote: »
    Pay by credit card and if the company cannot deliver what they promised, you can get your money back.

I thought you couldn’t do this and could only dispute the charge if it was taken without your consent.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Literally nobody knows how this will pan out.

We could easily be out of this by may/june, and likewise Spain. Or the opposite way around.

Take a look at China, they are coming out of a 2 month full lockdown, Spain and Italy are probably at its peak right now in terms of people dying/cases..

Holidays/Countries could be normal by the time July comes around, literally no one knows..

I have my holiday booked for Spain and I'm sure they're gonna need the extra tourists/money by the time they do come out of lockdown.

No idea what your smoking but this thing ain't going away by May.

That's not optimism your putting out there it's spoof

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

There's diseases all over the world that you can get while traveling. There's diseases you can get in Ireland.

Did you avoid Spain before because of tiger mosquito or rabies? Jeez, you can get hep A from the food!

Don't be so silly.

Not silly, just prudent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Jesus people are grim.

If this is still going in July we will be in apocolypse territory at which stage I will be putting all my money in guns and canned food

There will be no vaccine by July so unless you got the virus and recovered you will have no immunity.

The virus will still be around so why would you risk travelling in these circumstances?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

We will reach a point where the consequences of total economic collapse will be worse than the consequences of the virus. There is absolutely no way that the entire world will shut down until a vaccine is found. You think this is bad? Wait until there's civil unrest and you can't walk outside your front door without being mugged at knifepoint and far worse.

There is only so long governments can pay people who have been laid off and there is only so long people are going to obey these strict measures. After that, things will have to start picking up again. Exactly when, we'll have to wait and see, but I expect business travel to pick up first, and then there will be plenty of those who aren't too worried and would rather get a holiday than stay at home.

There's already been mini riots and police called over possible looting in Italy and Spain, as people are running out of money, if it goes on much longer then the virus will be the least of our problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭WHL

China said to be two months ahead. They are returning to normal apparently but still have a ban on most incoming travel. And if you do, you have to quarantine for 14 days before you can go out. I am not sure that a Spain or an Italy will want external visitors this summer, given what they will have gone through
    https://www.china-briefing.com/news/chinas-travel-restrictions-due-to-covid-19-an-explainer/

Del2005 wrote: »
    There's already been mini riots and police called over possible looting in Italy and Spain, as people are running out of money, if it goes on much longer then the virus will be the least of our problems.

Exactly. The people who seem to think this situation can hold indefinitely are the actual deluded ones. The cost of the economy shutting down completely for months on end are going to be far, far higher than people getting sick and dying from a virus.

Some people seem to think the 'economy' means people getting rich and amassing huge amounts of savings or something. They don't seem to equate it with their everyday reality. Without a functioning economy, there is little to no healthcare, supply chains are broken, food becomes scarce, children start dying of malnutrition. Perhaps some of these people would like to have a look at what's going on in Venezuela is they think we shouldn't be worrying about the economy.

The only people who think everything must be shut down for as long as it takes are those who have had cushy lives in Ireland and take everything for granted. These times of nice orderly lines at shops and helping out neighbours and buying online exercise courses aren't going to last when people genuinely run out of money and become desperate.

Things HAVE to get back to normal. The elderly and vulnerable have been told to stay at home for about 12 weeks and I imagine that's when restrictions on things like pubs, shops and travel will slowly start to be lifted - early into mid summer. The virus won't be gone, but it's simply unfeasible to keep living around it for much longer than that. The intention isn't to stop people getting this, it's to avoid the massive spike in infections which overwhelms hospitals and leads to more deaths than necessary. Until there's a vaccine, it will have to be a risk people live with if they choose to go outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

https://www.thejournal.ie/spain-conavirus-death-toll-5066402-Apr2020/

I think Spain might well be a no go for the year. Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

Who knows. I think that Spain will reopen for travellers at some point this year as they are heavily reliant on tourism.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

Sorry for jumping on bord here, have the same problem myself, have family holidays booked for mid August, for Disneyland Paris.
    Flights with Air France, non refundable. Hotel booked with alpharoom will lose 50% of the booking, don't know whether to cancel or wait it out.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

JAMCAR wrote: »
    Sorry for jumping on bord here, have the same problem myself, have family holidays booked for mid August, for Disneyland Paris.
    Flights with Air France, non refundable. Hotel booked with alpharoom will lose 50% of the booking, don't know whether to cancel or wait it out.

Thanks

Wait it out imo.

Thanks

Wait it out. If THEY cancel, you'll get all the money back. No use in cancelling now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Thanks

Wait it out. Do not hand over another penny. You have the upper hand in this. I cant see holidays to Spain happening when there is still the remotest chance of a breakout or new cases coming out of the country and that'll be the case for the forseeable.

Advertisement