Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D1 licence and spsv.

Options
  • 18-11-2019 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Do you need a spsv license to drive a minibus? Or is that just if you pick up fares while driving a bus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

spoke2cun wrote: »
    Do you need a spsv license to drive a minibus? Or is that just if you pick up fares while driving a bus?

If it's an 8 pax + driver minibus then as long as it's not used for carrying passengers for hire and reward then no, a standard car licence will do.

If it's used for hire and reward then it's a whole different ball game.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭spoke2cun

I don't drive a minibus. I was just wondering if you need a spsv licence along with my D1 licence to work for and get paid by a bus company? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

spoke2cun wrote: »
    I don't drive a minibus. I was just wondering if you need a spsv licence along with my D1 licence to work for and get paid by a bus company? Thanks.

The answer is in the name SPSV small passenger service vehicle i.e max 8 passengers.

AFAIK if the company is providing a paying passenger service using 8 passenger or less sized vehicles they will need to be registered as SPSVs and an SPSV licence for the driver will be required

If the vehicles are 9 pax or more then the whole game and regulations change, and the NTA would be the source to go to.

Advertisement