Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easons at Heuston Station closed

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

it was 6 months ago, I expect he got over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bailey43

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Back in the 1970s/90s there a fine restaurant on Platform.1. which management kept a secret where the awful Brasserie was later on. Though nominally open to the public it was used by Head Office managers to entertain - even me on a couple of occasions - silver service too but it had all the appearance of being closed. Venetian blinds on the windows.

Sic transit gloria mundi. :D

I worked as a waiter in that restaurant back in the late 80',s..It was on platform 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Bailey43 wrote: »
    I worked as a waiter in that restaurant back in the late 80',s..It was on platform 2.

You have me there alright, Platform 1 was accessed via Platform 2 - the old military platform if I remember correctly. Anyway, the old 'secret' restaurant was a good place to eat - a bit like the secret restaurant in the old buffet at Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

Bailey43 wrote: »

If I am not mistaken, the numbers were changed when the middle platform (3&4) opened in 1974.

Before that, we had the departure platform, now 2, the arrival platform, now 5, and the military platform, now 1. I think the military platform might have been 3, in which case, 1&2 were the departure and arrival platforms.

So, you're both right.

Advertisement