Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bus Eireann interview process

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Not from here

Hi. My next step is personal interview next Thursday (4.2.). What type of questions are they prefer? Found bunch of it on the net, but I'd like to hear from somebody who has been questioned by bus eireann interviewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Hi. My next step is personal interview next Thursday (4.2.). What type of questions are they prefer? Found bunch of it on the net, but I'd like to hear from somebody who has been questioned by bus eireann interviewers.

You'll have the driving assessment on the same day, if you can get a lesson or two before it. The interview varies from person to person, no set questions in a sequence. I was asked about how i found the driving assessment, my employment history both past and present, how would i deal with an abusive passenger, how would i assist someone with a disability, such as a person with a guide dog.Also if you have any criminal history they will dig deep into the questioning on that.

Applied online for a driver position, even in the current climate, completed the online application, got the email acknowledgement and the portal lists the application as 'completed' so unless i'm mistaken that's it? no online test etc? can't remember it like that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭jimbo19162

Hey has anyone sat the online assessment recently ?

I sat mine recently but feel part 1 went terrible part 2 was fine I got through all the math's questions handy enough actually.

Regarding part 1, I understand there was 24 questions but only 8 minutes to answer them all and each one had a good paragraph of reading to do so basically about 20 seconds per question ? I doubt I even got to answer half of them maybe only 10 if even I just feel I've blown my chances and wondering how you's got on with the online assessment or did anyone hear back to make it onto the supervised assessment after only answering about 10 of the 24 in the first part .

Cheers Jimbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

I went to one of their information talks in August. The advert said part time positions starting from €18.65/hr appealed to me. I was told at the end to email them once I got my D license. Didn't hear anything back. I decided to make a general application instead and about 2 weeks later I got an email response to this saying "We will contact you in due course regarding your application". That's now nearly 2 week ago. I would like to hear from them, but I am turned off by the impression that the application process takes so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

@gbob I will second that. Ex BE driver here too and would never do it again. 13hr shifts common with 4hrs unpaid in middle etc, horrible rosters and not as good to work for as you might imagine, if its as good as people think why are they constantly short of drivers????

Would that be something like driving from Cork to Dublin and having to wait around for 4 hours in between?

@gbob There may be days when you won't have 8 hours driving, possibly 6 hrs, so the next day you drive 10 hrs in a 15 hour shift and due to pay equalisation you'll be paid 2x8 hr days. No overtime rates, no Sunday rates and you'll work 3 out of four of them.

And can you tell me about what stunts might they try to pull on me when it comes to this 'pay equalisation' thing, and how can one protect themselves against it. Are you supposed to get paid for time in between?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭soundman45

2 weeks is nothing if you are applying to BE, you may not even hear from them for a few months, you have no way of knowing how many applicant's are ahead of you in the que for one thing, secondly it's BE, things just dont happen quickly there, back in the day when I worked there the application process took at least 6 months from memory, but eventually I had to ring them and ask had I got the job or not as I got tired waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Designator

Have an interview Friday for the driver training programme, anyone else on here going for that also? Wondering what to expect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

Are BE training B holders now, like DB and GAI?

Advertisement