Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Got Talent 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    And the two dancer kids .In fairness they didn't even have a dead nana to use

And they were so gracious about not winning. I loved them and thought they were really talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Thanks Iamwhoiam , I didn't see their first audition , so didn't know if there was a back story there :)

You could just tell they weren't spoilt or precocious. Charlie is from Manchester and Libby is from Liverpool and they are just two ordinary kids who love dancing and are not in it for the fame

• Registered Users Posts: 21,825 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Strazdas wrote: »
    You could just tell they weren't spoilt or precocious. Charlie is from Manchester and Libby is from Liverpool and they are just two ordinary kids who love dancing and are not in it for the fame

They were lovely youngsters , loving what they do . Brilliant dancers , you'd love to see them do well for themselves as they get older .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    They were lovely youngsters , loving what they do . Brilliant dancers , you'd love to see them do well for themselves as they get older .

In a way, it was no bad thing that they didn't win. It allows them to get on with their dancing and being two normal kids......winning the thing and £250k would be too much of a distraction

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Now I know it's great he gave it to charity and all that but I always feel sorry for the acts who could have badly needed the money starting off in life/with kids/etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

...and all the Queen wants is some cows.

https://twitter.com/ryanjl/status/1135312011791863808?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Result's Breakdown!
    Semi-final 1
    Dave & Finn - 29.2%
    Flakefleet Primary School - 25.6%
    The Haunting - 13.4%
    Rosie & Adam - 12.4%
    Khronos Girls - 6.8%
    Tony Rudd - 5.6%
    Akshat Singh - 3.6%
    Brian Gilligan - 3.4%
    Semi-final 2
    4MG - 28.2%
    Siobhan Phillips - 15.9%
    Matt Stirling - 14.9%
    Faith Tucker - 11.3%
    Giorgia Borg - 11.3%
    Vardanyan Brothers - 8.9%
    State of the Fart - 5.5%
    The Queen - 4.0%
    Semi-final 3
    Colin Thackery - 29.1%
    Kojo Anim - 23.9%
    John Archer - 19.0%
    Chapter 13 - 16.6%
    Angels Inc. - 4.2%
    Rob King - 3.3%
    Gomonov Knife Show - 2.6%
    KNE - 1.3%
    Semi-final 4
    Ben Hart - 28.6%
    Mark McMullan - 25.4%
    Graeme Mathews - 12.5%
    Kerr James - 11.3%
    Lil Icons - 9.3%
    Duo A&J - 6.6%
    Jimmy Tamley - 5.7%
    Ursula Burns - 0.6%
    Semi-final 5
    X - 27.4%
    Jonathan Goodwin - 22.0%
    Libby & Charlie - 17.0%
    Barbara Nice - 14.1%
    Leanne Mya - 8.7%
    Gonzo - 7.4%
    Jacob Jones - 2.3%
    Fabulous Sisters - 1.1%
    Final
    Colin Thackery - 25.3%
    X - 17.8%
    Ben Hart - 10.2%
    Kojo Anim - 9.6%
    Dave & Finn - 9.1%
    Flakefleet Primary School - 8.8%
    Mark McMullan - 4.6%
    Jonathan Goodwin - 4.4%
    Siobhan Phillips - 4.0%
    Libby & Charlie - 3.9%
    4MG - 2.3%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Vicarious Function

Surprised Libby and Charlie scored so low in the Final. I imagine the Primary School benefited from numbers, which would have included Family, Friends, (of each individual) Rest of the School, Town, Parish etc.

Surprised Libby and Charlie scored so low in the Final. I imagine the Primary School benefited from numbers, which would have included Family, Friends, (of each individual) Rest of the School, Town, Parish etc.

I would have had them and Jonathan Goodwin (the escapologist) much higher.

The top 2 was probably predictable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Anyone gonna watch love island. Never watched it before. But will give it a go !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Anyone gonna watch love island. Never watched it before. But will give it a go !

Are you a masochist or a single 21 year old who left school at 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

fritzelly wrote: »

Are you a masochist or a single 21 year old who left school at 10?
    Omg. Its crap. Cant get into it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Ah sure hes an old man.

:rolleyes:

Who cares the British public got it wrong as usual.

mikeym wrote: »
    Ah sure hes an old man.

:rolleyes:

Who cares the British public got it wrong as usual.

Bar the kids no one else deserved to win either - at least he is gonna donate (a large sum?) to the Royal Chelsea

Would be interesting to see how the programme would go if back stories and uniforms were cut out.

Just have the contestants audition on their own merit as performers. Neither the judges nor the viewers know anything of their background, their history, their families.

It won't happen, of course, because the whole thing is so stage managed but it would be interesting, IMO.

Sob story is prime time viewing - nothing more the average joe wants than a good old sob story regardless of how convoluted it is (like the Grenfell one)
    If the teacher had a class of disabled students he would have been onto a winner

fritzelly wrote: »
    Sob story is prime time viewing - nothing more the average joe wants than a good old sob story regardless of how convoluted it is (like the Grenfell one)
    If the teacher had a class of disabled students he would have been onto a winner

Yes, people nearly vote for 'personalities' on these shows more than anything else.....same goes for nearly all of reality TV

Yes, people nearly vote for 'personalities' on these shows more than anything else.....same goes for nearly all of reality TV

Yes, that's true. I'm not a seasoned BGT viewer but I thought that a number of the finalists this year - and indeed the winner - were there on the basis of their stories rather than their talent.

In the long run, though, real talent survives - examples Susan Boyle, Paul Pots Diversity who are still going strong ten years later.

In the long run, though, real talent survives - examples Susan Boyle, Paul Pots Diversity who are still going strong ten years later.

Exactly, the real talent survives and makes more money whilst the winners morph into obscurity in most cases - one trick ponies are most winners

• Advertisement

Anyway, it has been a good thread, I have enjoyed reading everyone's views.
    We will reconvene I'm sure for the next show!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

These sob stories and people who go in with a story always makes me think of this...if you want a smile on your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Unless there is an outstanding act people will vote for a personality . If you get excellent acts like Diversity , Attraction , Spellbound they will win
    Once the talent is fairly even the personality will win

In Ireland its the big groups that win due to the small voting pool

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The same acts from AGT the champions for BGT the champions

Are the superfans all English?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,836 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That was tbh an odd first episode...the top 3 was poor bar the Americans imo...boogey storm zzz.
    The sand art thing was cool but it was on Eurovision this year so not really blown away by it.
    Also....the winners have seemingly been leaked online so kind of spoils the show a tad.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it not live, who won so?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,836 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is it not live, who won so?
    Definitely not live.

I will post with spoilers but everything online is saying
    twist and pulse

The Judges seemed really surprised by the results of the "Superfans" vote - as indeed i was too.

Found the sand act very boring and seemed to go on forever
    Laughed my arse off at the Aussies

• Advertisement

I din't find the sand act as good this time as the first time I saw it. Design-wise, it seemed less polished.

Advertisement