Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Britain's Got Talent 2019

Options
  • 25-03-2019 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,184 ✭✭✭✭

Return date is Saturday 6th April.

Ant and Dec presenting.

Judges are Amanda, David, Simon and Alesha.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,184 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

First show is on Saturday night on Virgin Media One at 21:30 and it's on ITV at 19:15.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

2 acts in. Did not like the larger lady witth her cringey unfunny song.

The school choir were brilliant. Grest that kids who csnt sing were zllowed tske part in the choir. They really were so uplifting. How lucky were they to have such an amazing head teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Opera singer was awesome

Missed that... raging

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

anewme wrote: »
    2 acts in. Did not like the larger lady witth her cringey unfunny song.

She was a poor tribute act to Fascinating Aida.

Anyone else really like Stephen Mulhern on More Talent? Very funny taking the pish out of the acts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

No to the Queen act.

The opera singer is amazing, I would have given her the golden buzzer. Exceptional talent.

I love a great opera singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Great show, the kids group were amazing - had me crying with pure joy - they could win it!
    The opera singer had me mesmerized as well

The singer from Wakefield was excellent, singing about being a mother at 40, very funny.

Those children really are having a good time.
    The teacher was on something to come up with that :pac:

• Advertisement

That balancing act was unbelievable. They are world class.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Great entertainment tonight

RobertKK wrote: »
    The singer from Wakefield was excellent, singing about being a mother at 40, very funny.

She was about as funny as a fart in a space suit. Hated everything about her. really hope that’s the end of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Vicarious Function

Very confusing show. Was "Her Majesty" a contestant or an act put on by the producers? The headmaster with the children's choir was a total mess. Did not deserve a golden buzzer, IMO. The spooky lady act - what was that all about?Amanda acting like she believed it all. Not a lot to enjoy in this show. Even the operatic singing which got highly praised, was so-so as a performance, IMO. The fact she was dressed in tights and carrying a fan gave out a confusing impression which detracted from the singing.

Even the slots for the ads seem excessively long.

Is this the way the show is going to continue, I wonder.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Very confusing show. Was "Her Majesty" a contestant or an act put on by the producers? The headmaster with the children's choir was a total mess. Did not deserve a golden buzzer, IMO. The spooky lady act - what was that all about?Amanda acting like she believed it all. Not a lot to enjoy in this show. Even the operatic singing which got highly praised, was so-so as a performance, IMO. The fact she was dressed in tights and carrying a fan gave out a confusing impression which detracted from the singing.

Christ. You’re a joy. :)

Yes the show will continue it’s one of ITVs highest rated shows and more popular than xfactor which they keep renewing.

Loughc wrote: »
    Christ. You’re a joy. :)

Yes the show will continue it’s one of ITVs highest rated shows and more popular than xfactor which they keep renewing.

Am I not allowed to express my opinion without having to endure personal insults from someone I don't know?

Can you not just agree to disagree?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Keep it friendly, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That balancing act was unbelievable. They are world class.

Absolutely agree .
    Strength and the trust in one another , amazing

ETA ,
    The four men with the pots on their nether regions were funny , inventive act :D.

The four men with the pots on their nether regions just added to the ridiculousness of the show.

The Russians, while amazing, failed in their first attempt to balance and were asked by the judges to try it again. If they had not travelled all the way from Russia, would they even have been asked to try it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

Maybe this show is just not for you. IMO.

• Advertisement

clickhere wrote: »
    Maybe this show is just not for you. IMO.

Not necessarily so! I'm an avid watcher of these kinds of shows. This morning I watched a great show "America's Got Talent - the Champions".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

I loved Elizabeth despite almost peeing my pants a bit - but I think everyone’s favorite was the Choir of kids. Pure innocent unbridled honest to God fun and inclusion- when the little one said to ant how she missed him - it was just gorgeous. We need more teachers like him - now David looked like he was pretend crying and I hope he wasn’t

The four men with the pots on their nether regions just added to the ridiculousness of the show.

The Russians, while amazing, failed in their first attempt to balance and were asked by the judges to try it again. If they had not travelled all the way from Russia, would they even have been asked to try it again?

They are from Romania living in Moscow.

I think the first attempt failing was part of the act to build it up for the second attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

skearnsot wrote: »
    I loved Elizabeth despite almost peeing my pants a bit - but I think everyone’s favorite was the Choir of kids. Pure innocent unbridled honest to God fun and inclusion- when the little one said to ant how she missed him - it was just gorgeous. We need more teachers like him - now David looked like he was pretend crying and I hope he wasn’t

The kids were fun and all bit not talented. I don't agree with this free pass for the sake of inclusion. You should get through on actual talent not because the teacher is trying to be a Mr Keating to primary school kids. I applaud him for what he's doing but it was a sentimental vote. Can't seem em going farther. Balancing act were very good. The 'scary' act was fairly boring to be honest.

They are from Romania living in Moscow.

I think the first attempt failing was part of the act to build it up for the second attempt.

Your opinion, RobertKK! And thanks for the correction! I knew they were from another country but couldn't remember which. They did come from Russia though. We must avoid any small inaccuracies at all costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

mordeith wrote: »
    The kids were fun and all bit not talented. I don't agree with this free pass for the sake of inclusion. You should get through on actual talent not because the teacher is trying to be a Mr Keating to primary school kids. I applaud him for what he's doing but it was a sentimental vote. Can't seem em going farther. Balancing act were very good. The 'scary' act was fairly boring to be honest.

IMO it’s a talent to get kids to do stuff like that and be happy doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Thought it was a great show.

Love BGT every year. Feck the begrudgers as they say.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

mdwexford wrote: »
    Thought it was a great show.

Love BGT every year. Feck the begrudgers as they say.

Agreed! :)

skearnsot wrote: »
    IMO it’s a talent to get kids to do stuff like that and be happy doing it.

Children love doing "stuff like that" in my experience - so where's the talent in that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,184 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I watched it last night.
    The standard is so much higher than Ireland's got talent.
    The one thing that confused me was Alesha wearing mismatched earrings.(One of them was massive).

Advertisement