Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do so many people in D1 missing legs?

Options
  • 24-05-2020 7:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭

There are far more people missing legs in the D1 area, than any of the rest of the central post codes. Has anyone else living in D1 notice this?

Also limps, shuffle, dragging one leg?

Why is this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Substance abuse.bad diet no excerise

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Carelessness. Forgetfulness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭Cobalt17

sasta le wrote: »
    Substance abuse.bad diet no excerise

Gangrene due to improper injections I’m guessing in that case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Junkies?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Falling under Luas’s

• Advertisement

Junkies?

I dunno if they’re junkies or not, but they tend to be rough enough looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That’s a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭glomar

used to work in dolphins barn in the 1990s .. while no missing legs the local hardmen all limped with the same leg !
    Maybe its a fashion statement !
    !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

They tend to go missing after a Yop overdose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

Cobalt17 wrote: »
    I dunno if they’re junkies or not, but they tend to be rough enough looking.

Do you think they are living in D1 or are they just there to attend one of the many methadone clinics?

• Advertisement

glomar wrote: »
    used to work in dolphins barn in the 1990s .. while no missing legs the local hardmen all limped with the same leg !
    Maybe its a fashion statement !
    !

I used to live on South Circular Road, the end beside Dolphins Barn. Like you said, plenty of junkies and scaldies, but I never seen a one legged person there. Like I said, for some reason there’s an unusually high concentration of one legged people in D1

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do you think they are living in D1 or are they just there to attend one of the many methadone clinics?

Hard to know, they move in strange circles sometimes.

There’s quite a large methadone clinic on Little Ship Street, none of them are one legged. Likewise, merchants quay.

If it’s a drug related thing, then the majority of junkies already live in D1, around Railway st, Talbot, Dorset etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Hard to know, they move in strange circles sometimes.

Especially with just one leg :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Cobalt17 wrote: »
    There are far more people missing legs in the D1 area, than any of the rest of the central post codes. Has anyone else living in D1 notice this?

Also limps, shuffle, dragging one leg?

Why is this?

I'm not sure why theres so many in D1 missing legs , but it's a well known fact that methadone makes your legs grow back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

City centre is mad when you think about it.
    The Liffey does 'seperate' things. Take Parnell Street - it's a kip. But on the flip side take Grafton Street over the Liffey and that's full of up market shops. Brown Thomas and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Could be ex British army? Dublin was a big recruiting ground once.

City centre is mad when you think about it.
    The Liffey does 'seperate' things. Take Parnell Street - it's a kip. But on the flip side take Grafton Street over the Liffey and that's full of up market shops. Brown Thomas and the like.

Did you ever think about the word "scent" and wonder if the "S" or the "C" is silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Did you ever think about the word "scent" and wonder if the "S" or the "C" is silent.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I once knew a man with a wooden leg named Smith.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

I once knew a man with a wooden leg named Smith.

Why'd he call the leg Smith ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Why'd he call the leg Smith ?

It's "What did he call the other one?"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

City centre apartments cost an arm and a leg. But you can pay in instalments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

There's a discount shop on middle abbey street, right at luas stop.
    They sell crutches for 5 euro.
    I'm serious... Used to work around there. One Monday, they found 2 stiffs in lane behind Wynn's hotel... Wasn't even in the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

sold them for gear

• Registered Users Posts: 13,323 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

In before eugenics.

p.p. OP, just open a topic with your actual opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

They've only second hand shops

• Registered Users Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭saabsaab

OP are these mainly male?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Back when I was growing up in the town there was a local character who had a missing leg replaced by a wooden one. He was nicknamed Peg Leg and was well known around all the pubs as a complete piss artist.

Anyway one night he was bladdered and fell over on the footpath outside the pub screaming in agony 'oh my leg, my leg, help'. To which someone responded to him 'well Peg Leg, should we call an ambulance or a carpenter?'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Land mines stretching from Parnell street to summerhill

Advertisement