Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do so many people in D1 missing legs?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭Cobalt17

saabsaab wrote: »
    OP are these mainly male?

Mainly, though I’ve seen several women with the same affliction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Cobalt17 wrote: »
    Why do so many people in D1 missing legs?
    Why is this?

Leg thief?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,840 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Land mines stretching from Parnell street to summerhill

Of course the Dublin DMZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dubs like getting legless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I'm dyslexic I can only think of legs with missing bodies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

They've only second hand shops

Subtle, but I laughed.

With my username I felt I should post here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I remember seeing one member of the heroin addiction community wearing shorts one day. He had a massive scabby hole in his leg from drug use. I wanted to vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭fran38

Especially with just one leg :D

Excellent :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭fran38

I tend to go with the alien abduction scenario. You know how the oul aliens are always after your leg like :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 OnYerPike

I once knew a man with a wooden leg named Smith.

Once had a dog named Sparky, he used to chase everyone on a bike.

Had to take the bike off him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Heroin users often get abscesses, particularly when the drug is mixed with corrosive substances which destroy the veins. If they don't get proper medical treatment, the area can turn gangrenous and sometimes the whole limb needs to be amputated.

When they visit needle exchanges, the nurses will often ask them about abscesses etc and treat them if necessary .... I've sat in on a couple of needle exchanges and the nurses are great, they have a good long chat with the clients and offer them all sorts of assistance (e.g. HIV testing, contraception, detox options), it's not just a case of handing over the fresh needles and sending them on their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Cobalt17 wrote: »

If it’s a drug related thing, then the majority of junkies already live in D1, around Railway st, Talbot, Dorset etc.

There are a lot of homeless hostels in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

City centre is mad when you think about it.
    The Liffey does 'seperate' things. Take Parnell Street - it's a kip. But on the flip side take Grafton Street over the Liffey and that's full of up market shops. Brown Thomas and the like.

It is a town most strange. There is a Nobel economics prize waiting for somebody who cracks the puzzle. I'm not a Dub so I come with an outsider perspective. I first encountered it 25 years ago when I did a six-month work experience thing up there and was mystified at the inequities in such shocking proximity and the starkness of the river divide. The phenomenon has intensified through the decades if anything and I'm no closer to understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,840 ✭✭✭saabsaab

topper75 wrote: »
    It is a town most strange. There is a Nobel economics prize waiting for somebody who cracks the puzzle. I'm not a Dub so I come with an outsider perspective. I first encountered it 25 years ago when I did a six-month work experience thing up there and was mystified at the inequities in such shocking proximity and the starkness of the river divide. The phenomenon has intensified through the decades if anything and I'm no closer to understanding.

+1 on this. I came to Dublin and thought that alll Dubs talked the same and were difficult to understand. etc. Then I discovered the north south thing and that there were in fact several accents and Dublins. I can usually understand 'Dublin speak' now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,950 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

nthclare wrote: »
    I'm dyslexic I can only think of legs with missing bodies :)

That’s dyslegic

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Who pays for their amputations?

I assume they're not able to foot the bill :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Central Services

antodeco wrote: »
    I assume they're not able to foot the bill :pac:

They be looking for hand outs as usual.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Some of them lads in the city center take it a bit too literally when the Garda are doing their rounds and someone shouts "Leg it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

sasta le wrote: »
    Substance abuse.bad diet no excerise

It's hard to exercise with one leg.

Advertisement