Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ordered from amazon.co.uk lately?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Tork

When walking through town, I noticed that quite a few of the shops had set up (?) websites. Maybe the local chambers of commerce and the like are missing a trick here. Would having an online directory of websites of local businesses be helpful?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭GocRh

What Amazon UK seems to have done is remove the 2 day priority shipping option to RoI. Funny enough they're still offering 2 day shipping to the continent from the UK.

If you're a Prime customer go to online chat and complain about the delays. I got 2 months of Prime subscription refunded, a friend also tried and got 10 GBP back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

And their customer service,simple things like responding to questions about items for sale, delivery details like which courier,Irish companies use the internet as a last resort to selling,rather than a first option,stick a staff member online for half a day to reply to emails ,it will help .

Yep. They seem to offer online options but then don't engage and respond at all in some circumstances. For people who actually need something, buying from abroad is the only option. But now the delivery times are a whole new beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Anybody get anything from America yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

GocRh wrote: »
    What Amazon UK seems to have done is remove the 2 day priority shipping option to RoI. Funny enough they're still offering 2 day shipping to the continent from the UK.

If you're a Prime customer go to online chat and complain about the delays. I got 2 months of Prime subscription refunded, a friend also tried and got 10 GBP back.

Tried that and failed, not given up yet.

Noticed the tracking system is shot, but thats probably An Posts fault. I had 3 deliveries today from Amazon and none had been updated as out for delivery. Last activity still said they were still in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭This is it

Got my sub refunded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

I've been waiting over a month for a monitor to dispatch. They're in fairly high demand at the minute.

Sheeps wrote: »
    I've been waiting over a month for a monitor to dispatch. They're in fairly high demand at the minute.

Thats what I'm p!ssed about. In stock when I ordered then a delivery date 11 days hence and when I revisit the page its now out of stock. Thought originally it was Amazon being slow to pick stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

I ordered a Donald Trump commemorative coin and it has been shipping the past 3 weeks

I ordered a Donald Trump commemorative coin and it has been shipping the past 3 weeks

Fake news.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Tried that and failed, not given up yet.

Noticed the tracking system is shot, but thats probably An Posts fault. I had 3 deliveries today from Amazon and none had been updated as out for delivery. Last activity still said they were still in Dublin.

I bounced through 3 different reps and finally agreed to refund 2 months of prime. They worked very hard to fob me off in fairness but I wouldnt disconnect :)

All 2 day shipping has been removed for us, but still seems to apply to all orders in the UK, so re-ordered again to Parcel Motel this time. Will be interesting if it finally arrives on time

og2k7 wrote: »
    I bounced through 3 different reps and finally agreed to refund 2 months of prime. They worked very hard to fob me off in fairness but I wouldnt disconnect :)

All 2 day shipping has been removed for us, but still seems to apply to all orders in the UK, so re-ordered again to Parcel Motel this time. Will be interesting if it finally arrives on time

My problem seems to have been that I was complaining about slow picking and delivery but the actual issue was that Amazon were out of stock.

I will give it another try though but I've already had 2 months free and £15 (one tenner and one fiver) from them from previous cases so perhaps the reps know that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,471 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I ordered something from amazon on 9th may and it hasn't been dispatched yet, is that normal these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I ordered something from amazon on 9th may and it hasn't been dispatched yet, is that normal these days?

Seems to be unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Yup - changed to Parcel Motel: IE delivery - estimated 1/06. UK delivery delivered to PM earlier today (still not showing in their system) - and shipped yesterday. Seems like non UK are getting hit by all the changes and awful delivery times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

LeYouth wrote: »
    Anyone ordered electronics from Amazon uk since the lockdown? Did it take you a long time to get your order?

I ordered some headphones a few days ago but it hasn't even been dispatched - used standard delivery too.

Seven weeks ago I ordered a new Kindle hard case, it was to go with a Kindle I bought for someone's birthday. Luckily enough I was able to get a Kindle in Ireland, anyway the amazon order came a week after the birthday.

I tried ordering a radio from Amazon from Amazon and another site and was informed due to Covid-19 restrictions the dealers weren't shipping to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

2 week delivery to Ireland seems to be the norm for Irish prime users now...some joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Pacifico wrote: »
    2 week delivery to Ireland seems to be the norm for Irish prime users now...some joke!

Yeah I have cancelled as is useless at the moment.

Got my Prime refund today. Definitely try them on chat and push for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Sheeps wrote: »

I cancelled an order today, they were out of stock and clearly going to string me along with the promise of a dispatch later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I ordered from them on 8th May and it was dispatched today so you might see some movement tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ive ordered a good few things in the last few weeks off of them mainly because i couldn't get the stuff anywhere else or it was cheaper.

Everything seems to be given around a week or two as a range of when you will receive it but not everything actually takes that long. Ive had more then one item come earlier then mentioned so it was just lucky someone was at home at the time!

My biggest issue has been using Amazon and DPD Parcel Wizard together. Previously you would get the package one day after it was collected in the UK now its taking anything from two days to a week.

Still though it could be worse i ordered something from China at the start of March and its still not here :pac:. I have a feeling its stuck in customs as it says on the tracking it reached Ireland a month ago!

I hope when most of the Irish retailers open up again they get there **** together both in store and online as this is the main reason most people go the shopping abroad online route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

kowloon wrote: »
    I cancelled an order today, they were out of stock and clearly going to string me along with the promise of a dispatch later.

Mine shipped Saturday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

You're doing well with Amazon orders.
    I'm waiting 3 months for orders from aliexpress.

You're doing well with Amazon orders.
    I'm waiting 3 months for orders from aliexpress.

Same, I ordered late February from AliExpress and no sign. Ah sure, what can ya do.

A month now of delayed orders all from Royal Mail. Have they completely stopped delivering to Ireland or something, or just happened to lose all of my deliveries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭PommieBast

The_Brood wrote: »
    A month now of delayed orders all from Royal Mail. Have they completely stopped delivering to Ireland or something, or just happened to lose all of my deliveries?
    They certainly seem slower than usual. Parents posted me some stuff on Monday which is yet to arrive..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭VG31

My last eBay order that was sent with Royal Mail took 10 days to arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I've had a delivery from Amazon this morning that was dispatched last Friday, so took a week & arrived via an Post, but an order that was dispatched about a week before via Royal Mail was due for delivery on Monday 18th & has still to arrive. I cant track it via the webiste any more and was told to contact Amazon which I did through the chat function, they offered me my delivery cost as a refund to make up for it but I had free shipping so that wasn't much use to me... was told it should arrive within 48 hours, thats passed now so not expecting it to arrive anytime soon. Seems anything via Royal mail is taking an age.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I've had an order dispatched this morning. No An Post tracking number or carrier mentioned on the email. The website says it is coming via Royal Mail. Again no tracking number. Supposed to arrive by 3rd June.

I've been waiting 20 minutes to connect to an agent by chat.

sunbeam wrote: »
    I've had an order dispatched this morning. No An Post tracking number or carrier mentioned on the email. The website says it is coming via Royal Mail. Again no tracking number. Supposed to arrive by 3rd June.

I've been waiting 20 minutes to connect to an agent by chat.

When i've had anything dispatched from Amazon via Royal Mail I've never gotten a tracking number (but always did when dispatched via An Post)

Wary of anything from Amazon coming via Royal Mail based on recent experience.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I finally got through to an agent on chat who tried to fob me off by telling me that a tracking number would be sent in a separate email before finally admitting that international orders by Royal Mail are not trackable.

I wouldn't mind but this is the last of this particular item they have in stock and it is unlikely they will get more in. I bought one two weeks ago that arrived the usual way via an Post.

I also ordered a hoover which I hope they will send by courier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Same issue with Royal Mail was when purchasing from amazon. I’m in no panic with the items I ordered though. Now an post deliveries from them are right on time sometimes 2-3 days earlier than expected.

I've asked Royal Mail and they claim there is no issue of any kind in their deliveries to Ireland. So how come everyone is having issues with them?

• Advertisement

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Same issue with Royal Mail was when purchasing from amazon. I’m in no panic with the items I ordered though. Now an post deliveries from them are right on time sometimes 2-3 days earlier than expected.

Agree, An Post deliveries tend to arrive on time, the 2 Royal Mail ones I've had recently have been a week late on the first, & the second one still hasnt arrived and was due on Monday last so is coming up on a week late (our courier deliveries are nearly always early in the day & have had nothing today, so it'll be MOnday at the earliest now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I had an amazon order that was scheduled to arrive last monday but it never turned up. They have just refunded me for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Tempora

I ordered a monitor when it was in stock on 25 April, about 2 days later it went out of stock. Then it came back in stock a few days later. Then out of stock again and has been like that since.

Meanwhile my order has been stuck on "Preparing for Dispatch" the entire time. I'm now coming up on a full month in this status. I can only assume they are literally just ignoring Irish orders and prioritizing the UK orders. I'm not exactly sure why but it seriously sucks. Unfortunately the monitor I'm interested in is an Amazon exclusive so I can't even buy elsewhere if I wanted to!

Very frustrating. Chat has not been helpful at all, just a bunch of reps who clearly don't have any additional information repeatedly explaining to me what "Temporarily out of stock" means. I know what it means! But I ordered it when it was in stock!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭Cobalt17

I ordered a Richie Kavanagh cd in April, still in transit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Cobalt17 wrote: »
    I ordered a Richie Kavanagh cd in April, still in transit...

Probably still stuck in Carlow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

I had an amazon order that was scheduled to arrive last monday but it never turned up. They have just refunded me for it.

Same for me but I havent got a refund. How do I look for one? I cant find it on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Real Life wrote: »
    Same for me but I havent got a refund. How do I look for one? I cant find it on the website.

There isn't one. You have to go onto their chat and go through their systems. It not too onerous though.
    They hide it well :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Real Life wrote: »
    timetogo1 wrote: »
    There isn't one. You have to go onto their chat and go through their systems. It not too onerous though.
    They hide it well :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us

what they said. was very quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Lot of items a little late getting sent out but the Royal Mail items are pain with no tracking. Ordered an item on the 1st was due 13th that went to 13-22nd and still nothing yet reseller is saying 3-4 day delay on items with them

This is from Royal Mail Twitter to someone else. Also in another they say things are slow due to absenteeism

The delivery aim for 1st Class items is next working day and for 2nd Class it's 2-3 working days, but this is not guaranteed. We'll consider an item missing if it hasn't arrived 10 days after the due delivery date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Looks like it's just us being neglected.

Was speaking to two friends yesterday both based in the UK (one in Sheffield, one near Cardiff) and they have had next day delivery in the last week.

Anyone else in the UK to verify here?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Tempora

I've cancelled my order and purchased from Amazon Germany, looks like they'll get it to me quicker to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I've ordered lots of stuff. Some things come in a couple of days. Most things take longer. Two small items have gone missing in transit and been replaced with items that arrived promptly.

I ordered two phones. They both had delivery windows of about a month. They both arrived within 48 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

A few weeks ago it was on the news that there are big delays with the airmail service. May explain the delays due to backlogs and lack of planes flying

apart from one parcel sent by royal mail everything i've ordered recently has arrived by the scheduled time. I even had one delivered today by An Post.

apart from one parcel sent by royal mail everything i've ordered recently has arrived by the scheduled time. I even had one delivered today by An Post.

Same.
    Have had stuff arrive via an post before a Royal mail one that was 'dispatched' a week before I ordered the stuff that arrived via An Post. The Royal mail one is over a week late now. Suspect it's lost & may never arrive.

Out of interest, when receiving via An Post I get an email the day before advising a package is to be delivered, is it the same with Royal mail or will it just turn up randomly some day with no prior notice? I genuinely cant remember now if I have before or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement