Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lenny4545

Anybody here get a mortgage through BOI ? How long was their application with their underwriters ?

We did. Was about 1-2 weeks if I remember correctly but we're buying new house that wasn't near completion at the time so was no major panic with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Anybody here get a mortgage through BOI ? How long was their application with their underwriters ?

Went through the process last week.

Submitted on Tuesday midday, was in in a backlog until Wednesday the following week (when I chased them), someone escalated, and I was mortgage approved the next morning.

So Tuesday midday to Thursday the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Can anyone answer how long it took their solicitor to receive funds from bank?

I’m with UB but we’re onto the last hurdle now by the looks of it. Just wondering how long it takes. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Thanks . Got a text Monday to say it was with underwriter so no need to panic yet

Thanks . Got a text Monday to say it was with underwriter so no need to panic yet

To be honest, I found it all remarkably straight forward. Suspect that it is down to the fact that my entire financial history is with BOI but still, very straight forward.

That or they noticed I am putting a shed load of cash through Revolut :P

Ps. I had to give them a Revolut statement for the last 6 months for anyone that is going to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just gone sale agreed at asking price for a 190sm/m detached dormer with sea views with a 30 minute commute to work :)
    Delighted

190sq/m is big but no way should it take you 30 minutes to get from your bed to the kitchen table. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

Hi all,

I am in the process of buying a house and I received the contract from the vendors solicitor this week and had a read of them. The contract does not mention a specific closing date, but one of the special conditions says that "the sale is conditional upon the purchase by the vendors of a new property proceeding to completion. In the event of the vendors failing to complete the purchase, they shall not be obliged to complete the sale of this property."

I would imagine that this is a standard condition when the vendors are in a chain, is that the case in others experience?

I was wondering if others who have gone through similar purchases put any condition in the contract to give themselves an out if the vendors purchase goes on for too long?

I understand this is usually a question for the solicitor, I have sent that question to them but no reply as yet and I am just wondering what other people have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 boars

No word from KBC for the past 3 weeks regarding our mortgage application. Next week will be week 4, hope we hear something. This wait is painful.

I understand backlogs but Its been more than 15 working days now since our application and we've heard nothing. Their website claims less than 10 working days for a response

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

boars wrote: »
    No word from KBC for the past 3 weeks regarding our mortgage application. Next week will be week 4, hope we hear something. This wait is painful.

I understand backlogs but Its been more than 15 working days now since our application and we've heard nothing. Their website claims less than 10 working days for a response

Got our AIP just yesterday after waiting four at least 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Janey100

CR0009836 wrote: »
    We successfully drew down yesterday with AIB without an issue.. my partner is also on the covid top up subsidy. Not sure what your situation is but i'm sure you'll be fine!

I have not been able to find one positive article for weeks of anyone drawing down while on subsidy I was beginning to think this "case by case " was bull!

Do you know what might have pushed it over the line for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Shiok

Following on from last couple of comments, does anyone have recent experience with a niche application?

In particular, anybody getting movement on a non-resident application at the moment? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Shiok

To be honest, I found it all remarkably straight forward. Suspect that it is down to the fact that my entire financial history is with BOI but still, very straight forward.

That or they noticed I am putting a shed load of cash through Revolut :P

Ps. I had to give them a Revolut statement for the last 6 months for anyone that is going to ask.

Am probably missing your point but what is issue using Revolut?

Shiok wrote: »
    Am probably missing your point but what is issue using Revolut?

Suggesting they are worried about a mass exodus of customers to the likes of Revolut so are going out of their way to keep customers happy. I was joking of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Suggesting they are worried about a mass exodus of customers to the likes of Revolut so are going out of their way to keep customers happy. I was joking of course.

Having recently turned 60 but still tech savvy I was amazed at how many people are using Revolut
    We had to set up a fund in work within our group of 10 euro a week
    14 out of 16 had revolut
    I had to join to make it 15
    Are there any security issues ,I have only heard of one case of an account being skimmed and was only for 10 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GalwayyGirl

Sale agreed and waiting almost five weeks for approval from ICS Mortgages. Are they typically known for taking so long or is the delay related to covid? Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

boars wrote: »

Only got our official AIP letter today (had verbal confirmed 2 weeks ago). Apparently there's a backlog of 600 applications in their system and everything is gummed up (according to the guy we were dealing with).

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

We received approval two weeks ago. It was four weeks from the day we got the text it being received and was being reviewed. But we weren't in a rush and didn't push to escalate. They came back with a couple of questions a week prior to getting approval, including asking to get more info about if my employment had been affected by Covid, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

We received approval two weeks ago. It was four weeks from the day we got the text it being received and was being reviewed. But we weren't in a rush and didn't push to escalate. They came back with a couple of questions a week prior to getting approval, including asking to get more info about if my employment had been affected by Covid, etc.

Ok good to know . Im in no huge rush myself the house I'm buying is in probate .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I pretty much had to bail out of the place I've been trying to buy since January. The right of residence for someone who hasn't the mental capacity to be able to sign it away has proven to be too much of a stumbling block. On the lookout for something else now

Last week accepting offers in our property. So far, highest is over asking, so hopefully we will go sale agreed with an over asking offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Last week accepting offers in our property. So far, highest is over asking, so hopefully we will go sale agreed with an over asking offer

What kind of house are you selling? General Area? Hopefully you get it sale agreed. People looking to get in before Christmas (Especially if work is needed) will be keen to wrap up quick getting this stage of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭antimatterx

My parents are selling a house, it was up for one week and they received the asking after 1 viewing. It really is crazy out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭strmin

I lost 2 bidding wars last week. One was 60k, another 80k over asking. None of them sale agreed yet. I guess waiting for higher offers. It's not even funny anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

strmin wrote: »
    I lost 2 bidding wars last week. One was 60k, another 80k over asking. None of them sale agreed yet. I guess waiting for higher offers. It's not even funny anymore.

This sounds like something straight out of 2007

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Markitron wrote: »
    This sounds like something straight out of 2007

It is mad alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

It just reflection of limited supply. Demand can also be low, it just has to exceed the limited supply (and be desirable) to push it into a bidding war.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

It is mad alright.

Wonder how long it continues for

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What percentage over asking does that represent?

awec wrote: »
    What percentage over asking does that represent?

On my property around 10% over asking so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

Could you say what part of country they were?

Advertisement