Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cervical discectomy

Options
  • 23-10-2020 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

I had a disc removed 4 weeks ago. Just been cleared to drive from today. Another 2 weeks and I can lift things heavier than 1kg. I was an avid gym goer prior to this. Has anyone here had experience of returning to wrought training after this procedure? I know I'm another 6 to 8 weeks from starting weight training again but I'd love to hear anyone else's experience of returning to weight training after this. Any recommendations on trainers /physios to put together a plan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Dexterd

HI, i am in the process of looking into getting a cervical disc replaced, how is your recovery going, are you back doing weights yet and how long was it, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭as_mo_bhosca

Dexterd wrote: »
    HI, i am in the process of looking into getting a cervical disc replaced, how is your recovery going, are you back doing weights yet and how long was it, thanks

Hi. I'm back doing weights again. Not at previous strength yet but getting there. Recovery is slow. 6 weeks not lifting anything heavier than 1kg was tough going. Hard to even make a cup of tea. Months before back to some normality. It's just now six months since surgery and I'm back doing most things. Still get a little fatigued in back muscles. Must try and get to a physio just for a massage and work out knots.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Dexterd

A lot longer recovery than I thought! Is it one disc in the neck you had done? That’s what I probably need.

Advertisement