Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Icke, is he for real or trolling people?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

TheSpooner wrote: »
    I don't think he knows. If he did, then obviously he has a gun to his head.
    What do you mean by "Gun to his head"? Why is it obvious?

Can we disregard his claims as they are not specific?
    Once you get over your reading disability (whatever that's about), I'm sure you will find all you need at those links I shared in the other thread.
    You really haven't at all.
    You made the claim them posted a random blog. You have not provided anything like scientific papers that show that the weapons even exist, nevermind their effects.

Again, not sure why you are resorting to insults.
    I'm well aware of what mental illness is, he demonstrates none of the other symptoms.

True, but we also know that he demonstrates no symptoms associated with any known mental illness.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions
    Grandiose delusions (GD), delusions of grandeur, expansive delusions[1] are a subtype of delusion that occur in patients suffering from a wide range of psychiatric diseases, including two-thirds of patients in manic state of bipolar disorder, half of those with schizophrenia, patients with the grandiose subtype of delusional disorder, and a substantial portion of those with substance abuse disorders.[2][3] GDs are characterized by fantastical beliefs that one is famous, omnipotent, wealthy, or otherwise very powerful. The delusions are generally fantastic and typically have a religious, science fictional, or supernatural theme.
    David Icke has claimed that he is the son of God and later that he is "the Godhead".
    He currently claims that he is leading the fight against evil shapeshifting reptilian aliens from the centre of the Earth.
    Other common grandiose delusions in schizophrenia include religious delusions such as the belief that one is Jesus Christ.[10]

Political power, economics, operational testing, geo-political power plays, foreign control, etc.
    Ok. And how does making some random ex-football player act weird aid these goals?
    We know that it can't be "operational testing" as you failed to explain how that would make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

[PHP][/PHP]
    Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Okay, got any literature on specific microwave weapons that cause people to start believing in conspiracy theories?

There's a bit of a leap going on there that isn't being explained

That question is hilarious.

From my memory microwave weapons long ago were designer to kill or disable you. I remember one kind by the USA and Russia was a heat weapon so you can imagine the results.

As regards what weapons the superpowers have developed which may be 'secret'. I imagine they may be just that 'secret'.

Who knows what those people in DARPA and the equivalent elsewhere get up to. It would be really naive to think that they only play with things made of metal and that go bang.

A few years back you wouldn't have believed a missile that has a few blades on the front would penetrate steel and turn people into mincemeat.......but they have and used it a few times.

I remember a method of brainwashing people using the the tele which was played with over 40 years ago and banned because advertisers wanted to use it.

So who knows what they have developed? But it's best not to have a closed mind.

There's a difference between having an open mind and just believing everything you read on the internet.
    There is no more reason to believe that the government have developed mind control rays as there is to believe they have developed teleportation devices.

King Mob wrote: »
    There's a difference between having an open mind and just believing everything you read on the internet.
    There is no more reason to believe that the government have developed mind control rays as there is to believe they have developed teleportation devices.

I just told you of a method of brainwashing people using the tele which is over 40 years old. That idea is as far fetched as any other. But its true.

I agree you do not believe everything you read or hear about anywhere, but some things are true in part or totally.

I just told you of a method of brainwashing people using the tele which is over 40 years old. That idea is as far fetched as any other. But its true.
    But it's not true though.
    Where does this idea come from?
    I agree you do not believe everything you read or hear about anywhere, but some things are true in part or totally.
    So David Icke's theory that the governments are controlled by shapeshifting lizard people?
    Partly true?

• Advertisement

But it's not true though.
    Where does this idea come from?

Not sure about digital tv's but the old tv's used to pulse or flash so many times per second. not sure how many but lets say for arguments sake it is 50 times per second.

You can't see that. But you do, but you do not know you do. So what they did was insert one or more flash's as a different image.

So you are watching Eastenders and they keep flashing an image in those 50 flash's of Freddie Mercury or Boards.ie. You never knowingly see these images but they register in your brain. Then afterwards the viewer would always associate those two items with Eastenders.

It is not allowed as advertisers wanted to use it.

Also just think of how sinister this method can be used for. Voting for example?

So David Icke's theory that the governments are controlled by shapeshifting lizard people?
    Partly true?

It is true that the same families or dynasties have been controlling things for hundreds of years. That in itself is very strange.

Also as I said earlier........go back hundreds and thousands of years and there are statues and drawings of human type people with reptile heads.

What that is all about I have no idea but there must be something in it but if the likes of world leaders suddenly turned into lizards on our tv sets tomorrow morning I wouldn't be surprised. If they ever told the truth.....then I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

[PHP][/PHP]

That question is hilarious.

From my memory microwave weapons long ago were designer to kill or disable you. I remember one kind by the USA and Russia was a heat weapon so you can imagine the results.

As regards what weapons the superpowers have developed which may be 'secret'. I imagine they may be just that 'secret'.

Who knows what those people in DARPA and the equivalent elsewhere get up to. It would be really naive to think that they only play with things made of metal and that go bang.

A few years back you wouldn't have believed a missile that has a few blades on the front would penetrate steel and turn people into mincemeat.......but they have and used it a few times.

I remember a method of brainwashing people using the the tele which was played with over 40 years ago and banned because advertisers wanted to use it.

Indeed, I can imagine or make up a whole bunch of stuff, use a bunch of appeal to motive fallacies. It doesn't mean anything. Without direct evidence in each case, it's just a flight of fancy.

Indeed, I can imagine or make up a whole bunch of stuff, use a bunch of appeal to motive fallacies. It doesn't mean anything. Without direct evidence in each case, it's just a flight of fancy.

We live in a 'non entity banana republic on the arsend of Europe'. Our people arent allowed to design, manufacture, store, trade etc dangerous pointy things that might harm people.

Our weapons are for defence only and in modern times our armed forces would last no more than 30 seconds without even going nuclear against us.

We know nowt regards what others secretly design. In other words we are far removed from reality when it comes to designing nasty pointy things that we arent allowed to play with.

But we have so many experts on the matter.

It's best to have an open mind than suffer from John Sedgwick syndrome.

• Advertisement

We know nowt regards what others secretly design.

Filling that perceived void with your own subjective inventions might be fun, but as mentioned doesn't mean anything

If someone is going to make the claim that David Icke was "mind controlled" by "secret microwave technology" in order to turn him into a conspiracy nut in order to discredit the Green party (jesus christ), they'll need some evidence for it

It's best to have an open mind than suffer from John Sedgwick syndrome.

In the world of conspiracy theories, "have an open mind" is a euphemism for "switch off your logic and entertain complete fantasy-stuff that has no credible basis or evidence"

Nobody can argue with what you say. Equally you have no idea what I may know or vise versa regards you. So we are equal only in the knowledge that we know sweet fanny adam about armaments which go bang or otherwise.

But I wouldn't dismiss them just because I have never seen evidence of them.

In the world of conspiracy theories, "have an open mind" is a euphemism for "switch off your logic and entertain complete fantasy-stuff that has no credible basis or evidence"

So everything is a conspiracy until when? At what point does what you perceive to be a fairy tale become reality?

I have no idea what David Icke knows. If he was going to make fantasy things up then perhaps he may want to make things up which could easily believed to be true and gain more credence, than make an unbelievable story up?

I would have thought that to be the most obvious thing to make up.

But I wouldn't dismiss them just because I have never seen evidence of them.

Well you are absolutely entitled to your own opinions, no issues with that. However I do like to quote Hitchens whenever I see the above (which is frequent on this forum)

what-can-be-asserted-without-evidence-can-be-dismissed-without-evidence-175770.jpg

Hey that's ok you quote who you want.

But I will quote another alleged conspiracy man....Alex Jones. You take a look at what he used to bang on about regards members of a certain family (non of it believed at the time). Then look towards recent news or the obituary column.

Hey that's ok you quote who you want.

But I will quote another alleged conspiracy man....Alex Jones.

Alex Jones is a manipulative lying piece of ****, a woo merchant, who makes up claims that relatives of slain children are actors, indirectly destroys their lives, doxxes them, then immediately admits it was all bull**** when confronted. He currently has multiple lawsuits against him.

Alex Jones is a manipulative lying piece of ****, a woo merchant, who makes up claims that relatives of slain children are actors, indirectly destroys their lives, doxxes them, then immediately admits it was all bull**** when confronted. He currently has multiple lawsuits against him.
    So...........does that mean he was wrong about everything he ever said?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TheSpooner

What do you mean by "Gun to his head"? Why is it obvious?

A microwave interface is not just an interface. It can also burn, cut and interfere with important electrical signalling (i.e. the heart). So, if you have one of these interfaces applied and it is capable of tracking you where ever you go, then you have, at all times, a gun to your head.

More importantly, by extension, so does your entire family, friends and community.

Can we disregard his claims as they are not specific?

The claims may not be specific, but they are hard to place in any other context. Given that he knew nothing of the tech when he made them, I wonder how, other than direct experience, he was able to describe the sensations with such accuracy?

You really haven't at all.
    You made the claim them posted a random blog. You have not provided anything like scientific papers that show that the weapons even exist, nevermind their effects.

Again, not sure why you are resorting to insults.

Flogging a dead horse here. Get over your reading disability.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions

David Icke has claimed that he is the son of God and later that he is "the Godhead".
    He currently claims that he is leading the fight against evil shapeshifting reptilian aliens from the centre of the Earth.

Cultural belief systems are typically excluded from mental illness diagnosis. For someone to say they are "the son of god" is perfectly acceptable in some scenarios. I think your response here is coloured by a Christian notion of a God and Jesus-like characters. I think this is a more new-age thing, where everything is energy and a person is a subset of that energy. You get this 'Godhead' and 'a son of god' relationship.

This is not grandiose. Eccentric, perhaps, but not necessarily grandiose.

As for 'leading the fight against evil shapeshifting reptilian aliens' technically, he is. Whether those same aliens are a clever marketing ploy is quite another thing.

Ok. And how does making some random ex-football player act weird aid these goals?
    We know that it can't be "operational testing" as you failed to explain how that would make sense.

No, you have just failed to agree that it could make sense. Quite different.

Not sure about digital tv's but the old tv's used to pulse or flash so many times per second. not sure how many but lets say for arguments sake it is 50 times per second.

You can't see that. But you do, but you do not know you do. So what they did was insert one or more flash's as a different image.

So you are watching Eastenders and they keep flashing an image in those 50 flash's of Freddie Mercury or Boards.ie. You never knowingly see these images but they register in your brain. Then afterwards the viewer would always associate those two items with Eastenders.

It is not allowed as advertisers wanted to use it.

Also just think of how sinister this method can be used for. Voting for example?
    But again, none of that is true.
    Where are you getting that idea?

• Advertisement

It is true that the same families or dynasties have been controlling things for hundreds of years. That in itself is very strange.

Also as I said earlier........go back hundreds and thousands of years and there are statues and drawings of human type people with reptile heads.

What that is all about I have no idea but there must be something in it but if the likes of world leaders suddenly turned into lizards on our tv sets tomorrow morning I wouldn't be surprised. If they ever told the truth.....then I would.

But there's no such thing as lizard people.
    If you believe that the idea of lizard people is plausible, then you are simply being ridiculous.

A microwave interface is not just an interface. It can also burn, cut and interfere with important electrical signalling (i.e. the heart). So, if you have one of these interfaces applied and it is capable of tracking you where ever you go, then you have, at all times, a gun to your head.

More importantly, by extension, so does your entire family, friends and community.
    Agin, you are making claims that aren't substantiated at all and don't make any sense.
    If they had access to such weapons, why have they not used them on the person exposing them?
    The claims may not be specific, but they are hard to place in any other context. Given that he knew nothing of the tech when he made them, I wonder how, other than direct experience, he was able to describe the sensations with such accuracy?
    But again, you have not established that these mircowave weapons exist or have the effects you claim.
    Flogging a dead horse here. Get over your reading disability.
    Again, you have not provided the scientific studies you claimed to have. No such studies exist.
    If this isn't the case, post them.
    Cultural belief systems are typically excluded from mental illness diagnosis. For someone to say they are "the son of god" is perfectly acceptable in some scenarios. I think your response here is coloured by a Christian notion of a God and Jesus-like characters. I think this is a more new-age thing, where everything is energy and a person is a subset of that energy. You get this 'Godhead' and 'a son of god' relationship.

This is not grandiose. Eccentric, perhaps, but not necessarily grandiose.

As for 'leading the fight against evil shapeshifting reptilian aliens' technically, he is. Whether those same aliens are a clever marketing ploy is quite another thing.
    That's very waffly and goal post moving.
    You claimed that he didn't exhibit any evidence of mental illness.
    However when presented said evidence you are now delcaring all mental health diagnoses invalid. (Based on no authority btw.)
    No, you have just failed to agree that it could make sense. Quite different.
    Well no, I asked you to explain and your response was "who know why they do anything."
    You have not provided anything that makes sense.
    I think this is because you have not thought critically about your conspiracy theory and have not though through such holes in the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I don't know about the whole reptilian race thing, but the knowledge he has om 9/11 is impressive, most of which can be backed up with facts. I just watched the podcast he did with True Geordie. Very interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Agin, you are making claims that aren't substantiated at all and don't make any sense.
    If they had access to such weapons, why have they not used them on the person exposing them?

the U.S. government though has microwave guns that don't control minds or kill but disperse crowds. I've had experience with microwave energy and I can assure you it's very painful on the skin.

the U.S. government though has microwave guns that don't control minds or kill but disperse crowds. I've had experience with microwave energy and I can assure you it's very painful on the skin.

The claim here however is that They have a space based microwave energy weapon that is controlled by and/or connects to a seecret AI. And that such a weapon is able to control people, give them delusions, make them turn into a conspiracy theorist but also erase minds and kill people.

These things are a bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TheSpooner

I think you have jumped to the conclusion that exposure is the primary concern. Is it not belief in that exposure?

If so, then your objective is not prevent exposure, but rather merely limit belief that exposure is real.

But again, you have not established that these mircowave weapons exist or have the effects you claim.

Again, you have not provided the scientific studies you claimed to have. No such studies exist.
    If this isn't the case, post them.

I don't think you will find them in army surplus. But, there are plenty of scientific papers detailing imaging, reading and writing techniques suitable for a BCI. What DeepThought brought to the table was the technological packaging to perform that from satellite.

Read his work. Overcome your disability.

That's very waffly and goal post moving.
    You claimed that he didn't exhibit any evidence of mental illness.
    However when presented said evidence you are now delcaring all mental health diagnoses invalid. (Based on no authority btw.)

Before jumping to the conclusion of mental illness, you need to rule out everything else. It is a diagnosis of last resort and, ultimately, clinically provable.

You didn't provide evidence, you just think you did. Here is a paper on Faith and how it is treated in the context of mental health:

https://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/docs/default-source/members/sigs/spirituality-spsig/is-faith-delusion-andrew-sims-editedx.pdf

As for his other claims, we don't know the basis of the reasoning. Without that, we are unable to make any conclusion in regards to his mental health.

Your problem is you have heard some of the basics about mental illness, but have no in-depth knowledge or training.

Well no, I asked you to explain and your response was "who know why they do anything."
    You have not provided anything that makes sense.
    I think this is because you have not thought critically about your conspiracy theory and have not though through such holes in the plot.

The reasons are well documented in DeepThought's works. But, your reading disability is standing in the way.

But there's no such thing as lizard people.
    If you believe that the idea of lizard people is plausible, then you are simply being ridiculous.

I would totally agree but I would also want to know why ancient people and some quite recently described such 'things' so graphically even though they were thousands of miles apart.

Visitors from outer space???

Some people don't believe in that but then believe in a sky fairy and if they go to church each Sunday and sing or talk gibberish they will live forever in nicey land.

Each to their own.

But again, none of that is true.
    Where are you getting that idea?

Go look for it. it's out there. I am not here to provide you with anything about anything.

You obviously don't believe anything about anything or just a wind up merchant.

Do you believe in god?

So...........does that mean he was wrong about everything he ever said?

A broken clock is right twice a day. The issue is he's never correct by design, rather he makes a vague allusion to something, and if something vaguely connected happens, he supporters (who, sorry, are utter morons) believe he has predicted something, and therefore is the messiah.

It's "brute force prophecy", keep making vague predictions all day and eventually you'll be "right". That's how it works in the conspiracy industry.

• Advertisement

the knowledge he has om 9/11 is impressive, most of which can be backed up with facts

If you are speaking about Icke - it's the usual 911 conspiracy drivel, which is based on anything but facts

Advertisement