Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flat earth expedition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I remember a flat earther saying that GPS companies fool pilots into thinking they are flying around a globe.

This obviously ignores the simple fact that people were flying around the world long before pilots used GPS for navigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

So once the ice all melts we will find out then if ya fall of the edge ! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40,149 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So how do they explain travelling along the equator and ending up back where you started?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

So how do they explain travelling along the equator and ending up back where you started?

Somebody, somewhere bribed those who did it into silence!
    A quick get out of jail card always seems to be 'they were bribed'.

The whole thing is an intellectual prank expounded by self aware con artists who exploit gullible people's inherent distrust of governments and big business as well as their scientific ignorance. Those conventions and book sales generate significant revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    So If the earth is flat why hve they told us it’s round ? What’s to gain from lying? Nothing that’s why it’s round

They don't want us to know what's underneath

🤪

• Advertisement

I really really wish the earth was flat, well disc shaped anyway. Hopefully balanced on the back of four elephants, carried on the back of a giant turtle.

that would be far more interesting than this "It's kind of squashed ball shape" theory.

Aegir wrote: »
    I really really wish the earth was flat, well disc shaped anyway. Hopefully balanced on the back of four elephants, carried on the back of a giant turtle.

that would be far more interesting than this "It's kind of squashed ball shape" theory.

Ah but what is the turtle standing on?

Duh, it’s swimming across the universe of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    They don't want us to know what's underneath

Turtles

Turtles all the way down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Cordell

its feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Cordell wrote: »
    its feet.

Turtles don’t have feet as far as I’m aware.

Still no word from these guys, they must have fallen off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    Turtles don’t have feet as far as I’m aware.

Still no word from these guys, they must have fallen off.

Think they are basically tetrapods. So the answer is yes and no.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

When are they appearing on TV programmes again so we can all laugh at them, or they can show us proof of this flat earth?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

he'll never find the edge, people tend to walk in circles when they have no landmarks to reference...
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/32494981/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/turns-out-lost-people-really-do-walk-circles/#.XICHwE3QjIU

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Watched "behind the curve" on Netflix over the weekend.

It would lead you to say it'd be no harm if they all fell off the edge being honest.

Think they are basically tetrapods. So the answer is yes and no.
    Well, with legs like that, it will take them a long time to get anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭fran38

Flat Earthers have nothing to fear but sphere itself....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Well, with legs like that, it will take them a long time to get anywhere.

Maybe they have the right idea. Chill out and relax the pace of life.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

SeaFields wrote: »
    Watched "behind the curve" on Netflix over the weekend.

It would lead you to say it'd be no harm if they all fell off the edge being honest.

Or out of the gene pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Bizzare how they ignore the bleeding simply obvious and go for the convoluted international lizard people conspiracy.

It's obviously an illness.
    Should close the conspiracy forum as well now that I think of it, don't be pandering to this stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

kneemos wrote: »
    Should close the conspiracy forum as well now that I think of it, don't be pandering to this stuff.

Oh god no. There's already enough of them in AH already. If you removed the CT forum, you'd have more of them in here and nobody wants that. I'd rather there have an area where they can be quarantined.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I'd rather there have an area where they can be quarantined.
    Could we stick the anti-vaxxers there too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,031 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

"Mad Mike Hughes just launched himself in a self-made steam-powered rocket and crash landed."

what was he hoping to achieve, exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

I know I shouldn't laugh but...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

free falling off the world sounds a grand idea....off into the wide blue yonder, free as a bird

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

What actually happened to Des Walsh after the crackpot announcement of his trip? If you google him it’s pretty much as if he did fall off the edge of the world because there’s nothing on him after 2018. No interviews, no footage, no proof he discovered what he said he would. Rather convenient that. Also, please tell me he is not really a professor?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,526 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

"Mad Mike Hughes just launched himself in a self-made steam-powered rocket and crash landed."

what was he hoping to achieve, exactly?
    "Mad" Mike Hughes sought to prove his theory that the Earth was flat

Should have worked on the theory of not ejecting the rockets parachute at take off.

RIP Mad Mike.

Boggles wrote: »
    Should have worked on the theory of not ejecting the rockets parachute at take off.

RIP Mad Mike.

It is almost as if rocket science is difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Graces7 wrote: »
    free falling off the world sounds a grand idea....off into the wide blue yonder, free as a bird

You do realise it killed him, don't you?

Free as a bird alright.

Advertisement