Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Morning or Evening shower

13»

Comments

I find this “I couldn’t face work without a shower” comment a lot of people make very funny. Like what aspect of work does a shower improve? I feel absolutely no difference whatsoever at work if I’ve had a shower before hand or not, except I’d have had to get up 10 mins or 15 earlier (or go into work later).

After puberty everyone should be washing their pits, entire bits area and feet daily so it's easier to have a quick shower than stand at the sink changing water for each area. No one wants soapy water with antiperspirant, or skin cells from their feet, on their bits.

Which authority decided it was necessary to be done daily?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Dr. Colossus

In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Morning shower for me. Every day.
    The Soap Dodgers love these threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.:)

Haha :) I'm so confused right now. Don't know whether this is true and weird, true and sweet, or untrue and funny. Either way it has made me smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Gynoid wrote: »
    Haha :) I'm so confused right now. Don't know whether this is true and weird, true and sweet, or untrue and funny. Either way it has made me smile.

It's from American Psycho. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Phil Collins fan?

🙈🙉🙊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

I find this “I couldn’t face work without a shower” comment a lot of people make very funny.

I found your "I shower three times a week" very funny. And by funny, I mean disgusting.

I wouldn't go into work without having a shower. As far as feeling fresh and alert is concerned, the extra ten minutes of sleep wouldn't benefit me the way a shower does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I couldn't go into bed grubby and sweaty after a long day's work, that's gross!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

It's from American Psycho. :D

Thanks. I was in a bewildering spot for a minute there.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Takes me 2 minutes max to shower, I don't know what the hell people do be doing in there. But for me every morning or my hair is greasy af and it wakes me up too, and also in the evening after being in the gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

Takes me 2 minutes max to shower, I don't know what the hell people do be doing in there. But for me every morning or my hair is greasy af and it wakes me up too, and also in the evening after being in the gym.

What brand if shampoo you using. I find that head and shoulders makes my hair feel greasy after using and then shower next day. If I use radox for men I find my hair wont feel greasy until third day. This might need another thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Morning shower for me, nothing better than turning it to cold for the last minute or 2, so invigorating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Shower once a year even if I don't need it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 davedonie

I've no central heating and my bathroom is like a walk in freezer so I took to showering in the evening before bed, have the electric blanket warmed bed to look forward to. Must say it's much better than showering in the morning, feeling rushed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

davedonie wrote: »
    I've no central heating and my bathroom is like a walk in freezer so I took to showering in the evening before bed, have the electric blanket warmed bed to look forward to. Must say it's much better than showering in the morning, feeling rushed.

Are you renting? I'd expect a fan heater in a bathroom if there's no central heating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Twice a day, I have an en suit so its just handy to go from bed into a shower.

Then most days I'll either run or swim so it'll be a shower after both. I keep my head shaved so its easier in so far as I don't have to spend extra time on my hair.

I guess if I wasn't so active once a day would do me.

I'm too big for a bath, I'd look ridiculous in one so I haven't have one in donkeys years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Every evening, why would you get into bed after a full day all manky and sweaty, a good rinse in the evening before bed and the sheets on the bed stay fresher for longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,505 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Every evening, why would you get into bed after a full day all manky and sweaty, a good rinse in the evening before bed and the sheets on the bed stay fresher for longer
    You mean you don't change the sheets every day? Minger! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Dr. Colossus

Phil Collins fan?

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual.
    It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility.
    At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

jaxxx wrote: »
    I bring a bar of soap with me, and shower on my way in each morning during my walk using the rain.
    Also known as a Hobo Shower:D

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 49 davedonie

No it's my house, I'm just poor :)
    Theres a wall fan in there but it would take the depths of hell to heat that room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Morning. Saves bog roll after visiting the throne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Shower once a year even if I don't need it.:)

I have showered once in the nearly three years I have been here. That was when I got stranded on the mainland when a squall arrived the day before Stiorm Brian and had a night at a B abd B.

Hate showers; we get enough rain here. Used to have a rental with a backboiler and a bath.... A bath every night...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Cycle to work Monday to Friday, have a shower when I get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Some ppl here have 2 showers a week and don't even bother washing their hole with head and shoulders or something

****e, tug, shave, shower in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Some ppl here have 2 showers a week and don't even bother washing their hole with head and shoulders or something

Head, Shoulders and Hole sounds much less marketable in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes 

Water activated, huh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I shower before I go to bed

And then one before work in the morning

Sometimes even have one after work as well just to freshen up

3 showers a day? Eamon will soon put a stop to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

bogwalrus wrote: »
    I recently started showering before bed so in the morning I cut my getting ready time by a good 20mins or so and gets me in that extra bit early beating heavy traffic.

I'm In my mid 30s and cant believe I haven't done it this way before. I think I get a better night's sleep also and my greasy hair and body for the day dont ruin the blankets and pillows.

So curious what people think about the night vs evening shower in their weekly routine.

What are you doing in the shower for 20 minutes?

• Advertisement

People must hate sleep if they are getting up in time to do all this in the morning before leaving for work.

Up, dressed and out the door is my morning. Breakfast is at work, always so my sh1tt1ng mid morning at work, great to have 30 mins to yourself to browse the web and enjoy it rather than rushing at home.

I’d a shower yesterday afternoon, that will do me until Tuesday more than likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

i haven't showered since thursday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

bogwalrus wrote: »
    I recently started showering before bed so in the morning I cut my getting ready time by a good 20mins or so and gets me in that extra bit early beating heavy traffic.

Could you not have just gone to bed twenty minutes earlier and gotten up earlier too? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭Carodh

I suffer from Aquagenic pruritus. It’s a condition in which contact with water of any temperature causes intense itching, without any visible skin changes. The symptoms may begin immediately after contact and can last for an hour or more. I have found that an evening shower works better for me. If I shower in the morning I am ripping my skin off with the itching of my skin for nearly 30/40 mins. When showering in the evening it doesn’t seem to bother me as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I shower last thing in the evening, followed by a blast of anti-perspirant - it's nice to be clean for bed. Wash the hair and shave every second day.

Bed sheets are changed every 2 weeks anyway.

The human body does not need to shower twice a day. I'm up for work at 5:30 and if I was to shower it would wake up the kids, so I'm more than happy to not do that! The missus is a clean-freak, showers at least twice a day, and if I was dirty she wouldn't be slow in telling me .... hasn't happened yet after 14 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,968 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

fyfe79 wrote: »
    I shower last thing in the evening, followed by a blast of anti-perspirant - it's nice to be clean for bed. Wash the hair and shave every second day.

The human body does not need to shower twice a day. I'm up for work at 5:30 and if I was to shower it would wake up the kids, so I'm more than happy to not do that! The missus is a clean-freak, showers at least twice a day, and if I was dirty she wouldn't be slow in telling me .... hasn't happened yet after 14 years.

Anti-Perspirant is verty bad for you and should not be used continuously, you are basically spraying an aluminum sealer onto you body. It basically seals sweat inside your skin

Slava Ukrainii

People must hate sleep if they are getting up in time to do all this in the morning before leaving for work.

Up, dressed and out the door is my morning. Breakfast is at work, always so my sh1tt1ng mid morning at work, great to have 30 mins to yourself to browse the web and enjoy it rather than rushing at home.

I’d a shower yesterday afternoon, that will do me until Tuesday more than likely.

You get funny looks if you have the ****e or tug on the bus.

Anti-Perspirant is verty bad for you and should not be used continuously, you are basically spraying an aluminum sealer onto you body. It basically seals sweat inside your skin

Beats someone going around rank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

fyfe79 wrote: »

That's perfectly reasonable. I'm a bit of a clean freak at times myself. There are times when a second shower is needed - e.g. if you have one in the morning and exercise later, or just get sweaty from warm weather or getting caught in the rain or spend hours traipsing around roasting hot shops, or if you want to freshen up before a night out etc. Plus we women can need a second freshen-up during that time of the month.

But two showers absolutely every single day just to have two showers a day (one person here often has three :eek:) - totally OTT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Until recently it was mornings after a work-out in the company gym. That way I could also set an alarm for 5 minutes before I had to catch the train..

Might also explain my unusually low electricity bill :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Morning and evening, nothing like a hot shower in the evening after work, it warms me up for the evening.
    Then one on the morning, turn it cold for the last minute in the morning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Dettol and a wire brush most Saturday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Tough03

Morning shower it is, as hair gets fairly greasy after my nights sleep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

Could you not have just gone to bed twenty minutes earlier and gotten up earlier too? :confused:

Nope. The way I see it is that it is hard to know exactly what time you will fall asleep so I would rather not move my wake up time that bit earlier.

Also what I find keeps me in the bed longer in the morn is the thought of having to shower, shave etc. Now when I wake up I just slide out of bed, into clothes, brush teeth and then out the gap.

Advertisement