Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice on motorcycle courier job ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭airhead_eire

macplaxton wrote: »
    Bet they both didn't make you a cup of tea!

Out of the above, Joanna Lumley wins hands down. I mean....The New Avengers....Purdey. Jeez....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Collecting from and delivering to are completely different though. Once delivery is made a signature is proffered as proof of contract. Hence Christy Moore’s signature is in the courier company’s archives. With Joana Lumley there is no proof, tis but hearsay and the product of an over active imagination.
    Cup o tea indeed. Nice try Mac :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Collecting from and delivering to are completely different though. Once delivery is made a signature is proffered as proof of contract. Hence Christy Moore’s signature is in the courier company’s archives. With Joana Lumley there is no proof, tis but hearsay and the product of an over active imagination.
    Cup o tea indeed. Nice try Mac :D

Yeah...buy is it the one and only Christy....or was it just some fat beardy lad that opened the door with a pint in his hand.....;):P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Pfft That’s nothing, I delivered to Christy Moore, beat that!
    Was it a shovel he left somewhere? :D

My brother was a courier for 20 years in London in 80's and 90's.
    Called to a lot of celebs as well.
    Two that come to mind are Chrissie Hynde and one of Banarama.
    He went through a good few cx500s and the like.

Didn't put him off bikes either as be has 5 still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Did it for 5 years in my 20's in Dublin. Was making about 1000 most weeks but after overheads it was more like 600 a week. The days where long and it killed my love of bikes for a time. Honestly wouldn't go back to it if you paid me 1500 a week now what with the traffic, facebookers, cyclists and the body being 20 years older.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

blade1 wrote: »
    Was it a shovel he left somewhere? :D

My brother was a courier for 20 years in London in 80's and 90's.
    Called to a lot of celebs as well.
    Two that come to mind are Chrissie Hynde and one of Banarama.
    He went through a good few cx500s and the like.

Didn't put him off bikes either as be has 5 still.

CX500's, brings back memories, they were an awful lump of a thing! They were cheap and got the job done though, would last maybe 4 or 6 months and then time for another one. There was a garage somewhere, I forget now where, that specalised in them, you could get pretty much anything done in a hour and be back on the road. The cylinder head covers were awful thin and if you dropped it and it slid any distance at all that's what would meet the road first and it would wear a hole in it... A heavy yoke to lift off the ground if you did drop it!

Advertisement