Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Pub in Portlaoise

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Scan Man

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Well I'm into all types of music so thats good to hear. It just seems really odd around here in terms of pubs etc. If you not local there is very little conversation etc with anyone. Its weird.
    Mountmellick suffers from a very noticeable small town mentality, it hasn't really changed in 20 years apart from a few new estates and buildings, Everyone tends to know everyone else and so I there's a fairly tight social circle.

Portlaoise is generally the same, but because of the explosion in the amount of outsiders moving down here in the last 10 years the town has changed considerably from the one I grew up in.

Most of the town is still frequented by locals and a few of the newcomers who've settled in, but a good lot of the new ones keep to themselves, not surprising if you came from Dublin, paid 250,000+ for a house built on former wet lands and boggy fields with no public transport, and very few facilities in comparison to the city and some of the other satellite towns (eg: Navan, Naas, etc.)

Of course that's just my view, and I'm a bit biased as I dislike the place but can't move.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Heading down tomorrow for the Down NFL game against Kildare (I've no idea why we aren't staying in Kildare either).

Any tips for the best and worst spots now in 2015?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Please don't bump a thread 4 years old, a new thread would be better suited.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement