Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Pub in Portlaoise

Options
  • 26-02-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

would have to be ryans in the olden day and portlaoise arms

**** holes!!!!.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Coppers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Portlaoise Arms. Definetly my top tip for an absolute kip of a place. Ryan's in second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

have you ever visited a pub in this area that was very badly run??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Sally's for me......

complete dump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

sallys and barmondays for me pure dumps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Scan Man

Egan's (Nightclub part) and Keegan's (No-go area)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭TheKid

Having been in every pub in Portlaoise I reckon Barmondays is worst pub, a dump imo, every other pub has a redeemable feature of some description but Barmondays has not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Scan Man wrote: »
    Egan's (Nightclub part) and Keegan's (No-go area)

Keegan's opposite Hume's? It's a mad house alright but hardly a No-Go area.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Keegan's opposite Hume's? It's a mad house alright but hardly a No-Go area.
    Well I suppose to each his own, but from experience I find it a fraction worse than Ryan's. Neither are places I would go regularly, maybe once a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭robbie02

Coppers the bouncers are tramps

robbie02 wrote: »
    Haven't heard any complaints in recent times. The last one's were horrible twats altogether so the new ones can't be that bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

robbie02 wrote: »

Couldn't agree more! God forbid you went near the place in bad weather and happened to have your coat hood up as you got to the door! It could be pissing rain out and when you got near the scrotes all they'd ever say was "Make sure ye take that hood off ye inside" or some other stupid comment

Tools, what did they think your gonna do with your hood on inside?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

You'd be surprised how many people wear their hoods up inside nightclubs & bars. I do not work in Coppers but have worked on the door of other midland clubs & bar.
    Manager then loses the rag and the poor old bouncers on the door get a bollocking for not making someone take off the hoodie outside, when they were trying to be sound and let some one take it off inside when they are out of the cold and wet.

Hoods cover guys faces on camera when they bottle someone.

Was in coppers a few times when it first opened. Early in the evenings though. It seemed nice enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

You'd be surprised how many people wear their hoods up inside nightclubs & bars. I do not work in Coppers but have worked on the door of other midland clubs & bar.
    Manager then loses the rag and the poor old bouncers on the door get a bollocking for not making someone take off the hoodie outside, when they were trying to be sound and let some one take it off inside when they are out of the cold and wet.

Hoods cover guys faces on camera when they bottle someone.

Was in coppers a few times when it first opened. Early in the evenings though. It seemed nice enough.

Ah don't get me wrong, I really like coppers (most of the time), just not the bouncers they had there for a good while. And I appreciate what your saying about hoods and lads being bottled, thats quite obvious and I agree that if I was a bouncer I wouldnt have people INSIDE with their hoods up (can't say I've ever seen any tbh) but come on, you'd let a newly arrived customer in outta the pissin' rain for a sec and give them a chance to take their hood down rather than immediatly give the pre-emptive and often unnecessary, "go easy now lads and take off that hood", bouncer moan. I find that attitude antagonises people more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

It's gotta be Bar mondays, full of uneducated scum.

Edit: imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Coppers.

Agreed. I hate that place!

Also Egans niteclub is **** as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Honestly I think the selection of pubs is weak in portlaoise compared to other
    towns, Coppers and barmondays are dreadful pubs.

Sorry forgot to mention Egans, jesus I doubt you'd be let in there unless your tracksuit is tucked into your white socks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

bazmaiden wrote: »
    Sorry forgot to mention Egans, jesus I doubt you'd be let in there unless your tracksuit is tucked into your white socks!

Even though they don't allow tracksuits or runners?:confused:

baz2009 wrote: »
    Even though they don't allow tracksuits or runners?:confused:

Its still a **** hole, frequented by morons, regardless of unrealistic exaggerations on the part of the above poster.

Obaraten wrote: »
    i go into it sometimes does that make me a moron too :P tbh i think the club scene in Portlaoise is dire:( reallllllly bad,and some of those bouncers in coppers need to cop the fcuk on when dealing with members of the public who keep them in employment by being patrons in that damn establishment!
    Not particularly, but generally most of the "regulars" are louts, and the venue is crap. You might as well go into a slatted unit some nights. All of the clubs in town have similar characteristics and are too often frequented by the above.

The last crowd that did Coppers were useless as well (I won't mention their name) but haven't heard too many complaints about the new ones (won't mention their name either).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah i know what ya mean,ud think someone with a bit of cop on would start a half decent club in town

Are the clubs/pubs really that bad?
    I'm new to the Laois area (Mountmellick) and portlaoise would be the closest for me to head out.... only if I knew anyone to head out with me!! :P

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Are the clubs/pubs really that bad?
    I'm new to the Laois area (Mountmellick) and portlaoise would be the closest for me to head out.... only if I knew anyone to head out with me!! :P

It depends what you are looking for "jonny24ie", I mean I don't find it too bad as i am into rock music and tbh there is a rather big/varied music scene in Portlaoise.

meh im not into nightclubs per say

I'm the same never had any interest in nightclubs, even through college, i'd be much happier in a pub watching a band play. It's just the whole club vibe doesn't suit me, i don't enjoy the music or the atmosphere.
    just a general observation in comparison to to other places i have lived

I think thats a fair point, think i mentioned this before but i feel since finishing college and moving back to Laois (almost 2 years now:eek:) i too have noticed it's poor social scene. it's almost like no one wants to know you, it takes me back to the old teenage discos with girls on one side and boys on the other

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It depends what you are looking for "jonny24ie", I mean I don't find it too bad as i am into rock music and tbh there is a rather big/varied music scene in Portlaoise.

Well I'm into all types of music so thats good to hear. It just seems really odd around here in terms of pubs etc. If you not local there is very little conversation etc with anyone. Its weird.
    I'm the same never had any interest in nightclubs, even through college, i'd be much happier in a pub watching a band play. It's just the whole club vibe doesn't suit me, i don't enjoy the music or the atmosphere.

I think thats a fair point, think i mentioned this before but i feel since finishing college and moving back to Laois (almost 2 years now:eek:) i too have noticed it's poor social scene. it's almost like no one wants to know you, it takes me back to the old teenage discos with girls on one side and boys on the other

Ah night club I would head to if I wanted to keep drinking on during the night. ;)

Alot of places seem to have gone like that in regards the social scene its weird. Was back up in Dub last weekend and the vibe up there has totally changed from a few years ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement