Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gyms Open?

• 17-03-2020 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any gyms in Dublin that are staying open?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

fatbhoy wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any gyms in Dublin that are staying open?

No, and even if they were I wouldn’t be going..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

No, and even if they were I wouldn’t be going..

I'll sleep well knowing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Acey10

I think fbt in coolock is open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

By local gym closed last night.
    Pressure from social media rather than from members are forcing small gyms, <100, to close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭COH

ongarite wrote: »
    By local gym closed last night.
    Pressure from social media rather than from members are forcing small gyms, <100, to close.

I think most sensible small gym owners have chosen to close anyway

• Advertisement

Seems like the big ones are closed too. Flyfit is for sure. Probably Ben Dunne too.

I hear Unique Physique in Killester might be open. Last chance saloon for me. This CV could be going on for like 3 - 6 months. Maybe more. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Seems like the big ones are closed too. Flyfit is for sure. Probably Ben Dunne too.

I hear Unique Physique in Killester might be open. Last chance saloon for me. This CV could be going on for like 3 - 6 months. Maybe more. :mad:

Ben Dunne closed before Flyefit.
    Pretty sure Unique Physique is closed now too.

If it does go on for 3-6 months, then all other gyms are likely to close too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Sorry for the employees, but closing these pits of germ transmission has to be a wise decision at the moment.

Check outdoor gym equipment in your council area. Bring anti nuclear wipes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,648 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Anytime fitness in Deansgrange was open when I passed today

Thanks for the replies, guys. I guess the reality is that whatever stragglers are still open now, well, they will eventually close too. That's probably a good thing for everyone, although it will mean a lot of effort and pain for me to get back to the level I'm at now, but so be it. Some things are beyond our control, and acceptance is the easiest path.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Thanks for the replies, guys. I guess the reality is that whatever stragglers are still open now, well, they will eventually close too. That's probably a good thing for everyone, although it will mean a lot of effort and pain for me to get back to the level I'm at now, but so be it. Some things are beyond our control, and acceptance is the easiest path.

Myself and others were training and peaking for a competition 10 days from now. That's gone by the wayside too.

But ultimately, it's a long game. Getting back to were you are now won't take anywhere near as long as it took you to get there in the first place. Just do what you can do with what you have in the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭COH

Better to see a slight temporary drop off in performance than accidentally kill your grandparents 👍

COH wrote: »
    Better to see a slight temporary drop off in performance than accidentally kill your grandparents 👍

Can't kill them twice. :pac:

But seriously, we all have to assume that we have the virus, and that it's on our hands and everything we touch, and then act accordingly: don't touch mouth/nose/eyes without washing whatever is touching them first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Acey10

I wonder will they stay closed for 3 months or more? my gym is still charging, id feel bad cancelling but if I'm not using it seems pointless to pay...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Acey10 wrote: »
    I wonder will they stay closed for 3 months or more? my gym is still charging, id feel bad cancelling but if I'm not using it seems pointless to pay...

Mine has frozen memberships til they open again

Advertisement