Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

smurfjed wrote: »
    Is there any limit to the amount of Brussels sprouts that you can eat in one day ?

I hope not.

💨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Just finishing off a curry. Rice is done. I'll reheat them later and put into the food warmer so all can help themselves. The chicken balls and sweet and sour sauce will be done later too and end up in the food warmer. For now its out for a few pints! Keep truckin folks and hope all are okay.

Another round of yesterday's huge dinner! Lying on couch drinking coffee..... Then off to work.
    Looking forward to few days off from 2moro :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sitting at the beach snack bar enjoying a non-alcoholic cocktail watching the sun begin to set over the hills. Swimming earlier in the slightly choppy Atlantic Ocean and sunbathing on Jandia beach in the nude - along with everyone else. Freedom and chilled bliss!

Happy St Stephen’s Day peeps! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Back in the cavern. Have the double family visit done now and have no necessity to visit anyone for the rest of the hols. Had a nice visit today with the in laws but it feels nice now to be rightly perched with chestnuts roasting on an open fire...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside watching tv while eating ice cream :)

I may have to persuade someone to go to the cinema with me to watch Cats ;):D

You can eat any amount of Brussels sprouts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Contemplating having a coffee topped with whipped cream . With warm apple tart and cream . Do ye think it'd be ok to take cholesterol tablet with that ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

About to head to the shower and go out to watch the Liverpool game.

Just made and helped eat a big veg curry, rice and lentils, saag aloo chana and for the meat eaters some turkey fried in garam masala and chilli. Stuffed.

Kitchenside, beef chilli simmering away and reducing all the red wine dregs into a hot mess of deliciousness. I'll give it another 20 mins, the end of the mulled wine and then we're in. Blob of sour cream and mmmmmm. Just the thing after a looooonnnng walk.

Happy it's the end of the year and the Christmas crazy is done with for now: looking forward to 2020 and plotting my next move :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Alonzo

On the sofa, watching South Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Evening all, belated festive wishes.
    Just up from bed. ‘Twas an unfortunate Christmas as winter vom bug was followed by heavy cold. I have enjoyed much soup and toast and several long sleeps. Wishing peace to all....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Guests about to arrive. Think I’m going to have to channel my inner Kofi Annan as I’ve just been made aware of tension between two of the guests! Oh dear ... fun times ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Listening to Seafret "Oceans". It's a gorgeous song but f**k it gets me in the gut.

Going to push myself outta bed and see what's happening downstairs. I need to be around people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Bedside. Just had a nice bowl of ice cream which soothed my poor throat.
    Hoping for a good sleep - night all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Am like a beached whale with the food and drink inside me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Home fireside after a fantastic St Stephen's Day family get together at the in-laws house, great merriment. A bit of tv now and an early night. Contemplating going to the local tomorrow to watch the racing and darts, should be a good day of sport.

Stuffed myself with delicious St. Stephen’s Day Chinese food. Back on the sofa again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a galway hooker ;)

Eleysian wrote: »
    Bedside. Just had a nice bowl of ice cream which soothed my poor throat.
    Hoping for a good sleep - night all!

Sweet dreams x
    Alonzo wrote: »
    Back on the sofa again.

The best place to be mon ;)

Work!
    Doesn't feel too bad tonight, I'll be off for few days after this. Roll on 7am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Sweatside after a 45 minute workout. I have managed to lose weight this Christmas instead of ballooning up like I usually do. Apparently exercising loads, not eating much and being really sad causes weight loss. Who knew!?!

I hope you all had an enjoyable Christmas and made lots of happy memories or made the best of whatever your situation was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

What to do, hmm. Maybe John Wick movie.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Good movies!

Mrs G in bed grumpy from last nights over indulgence. Like a bear all day she was. Moan moan fecking moan about the tummy, even though she ate all around her today from morning till night. Just trying to settle Little G now. Earlier pints well worn off. Scraped my dinner from the warmer for Microwave job. SOON!:eek:

Oohhh Keanu is such a romantic :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tea, toastie and John Wick playing.

All by myself playing here.

Grub and gone.

Somewhere.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    All by myself playing here.

Grub and gone.

Somewhere.

What did you have to eat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, back at folks house, had a tiring but enjoyable day :)

Alonzo wrote: »
    What did you have to eat?

Hot Hot Curry and rice! Bloody great! Mad Chilis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Where'ers? Here you all are :)

Christmas and I'm full, it's been really lovely. Lots of delicious food and drink (after a diet losing almost 2 stone pre Christmas I decided to enjoy it all.) A frosty Christmas morning walk for some holly was made longer because all.the hedges have been pared back. Mr. Pretzill hasn't been well and that had the potential to make the day itself a bit difficult but he put the bright side out and well...it made all the difference.

Having a brandy night cap now before bed. Night everyone.

• Advertisement

Bedside myself as I'm in work at 7 in the morning so

Night all :)

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Hot Hot Curry and rice! Bloody great! Mad Chilis!

Nice!

Autosport wrote: »

Has to be retail Auto! Share that pain. I've done it. Loads have done it! We must have all done it.:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Hot tub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Well that was all a bit mad!
    Hitting the hay (the Noble Peace Prize is beside me!)
    Night! Night!
    Codladh Sámh!

Autosport wrote: »

honeybear wrote: »
    Well that was all a bit mad!
    Hitting the hay (the Noble Peace Prize is beside me!)
    Night! Night!
    Codladh Sámh!

Sweet dreams

I'm deskside slightly spoked playing a game called metro exodus based on the metro books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Teapot22

Wh had a lovely, easy Christmas Day. Kids happy with presents, cooking, eating and movies. Just ourselves.

I am currently in bed having a toasted sandwich, no mind for formal dinner today. I am gearing up for Cluedo tomorrow, I was beaten by my strategic son, doubt I'll sleep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching Hail Satan on Netflix , curiosity getting the better of me .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Couch, must be the only person not out in town tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Feeling grateful. I don't share much on this anymore but the two beautiful kids I'm raising along with my wonderful wife make me so proud and grateful. My two and a half year old daughter is so sharp and inspirational and then my wee five month old son just makes everyone beam because he's so jovial and interactive all the time. Feliz navidad y'all! *waves handful of Holly*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭thomil

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Couch, must be the only person not out in town tonight

Nope, home as well here. Trying to get past that bloody writer's block...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Teapot22 wrote: »
    Wh had a lovely, easy Christmas Day. Kids happy with presents, cooking, eating and movies. Just ourselves.

I am currently in bed having a toasted sandwich, no mind for formal dinner today. I am gearing up for Cluedo tomorrow, I was beaten by my strategic son, doubt I'll sleep!

That would keep anyone wide away 😛

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Watching Hail Satan on Netflix , curiosity getting the better of me .

Sounds spooky, any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Home from the pub. Had a lovely evening.
    Very low key with only immediate neighbours in a small village pub.
    Night all.

To thine own self be true

Decided to have a wee whiskey while watching movies

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Decided to have a wee whiskey while watching movies
    At home now. (Yo Grem! Good idea. I'll snitch some Irish cream from my housemate. Naughty me!)

• Advertisement

Had my shower. Sitting on the edge of the bed in my towel bathrobe and listening to a bit of shock jockery.

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

Sleep well, mon!

First Wick movie nearly watched, will watch the second also I think.

First Wick movie nearly watched, will watch the second also I think.

Not the worst way to spend an evening. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement