Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Our traditional St Stephen's Day Family Hill Trek is deferred to tomorrow due to the weather. So, a gang of our children and grandchildren are heading this direction with board games in hand. I have copious amounts of coffee brewing, kettle boiling, mince pies, pudding, etc lined up.

Just putting a match to the fire now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Autosport wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Happy St Stephens day :)

Don’t you mean Happy Stephensssss Day😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Planning two surprises for two someones.
    Second coffee. This morning was the worst endometriosis / adhesions pain I've had in months. I had to go back on the strong painkillers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Planning two surprises for two someones.
    Second coffee. This morning was the worst endometriosis / adhesions pain I've had in months. I had to go back on the strong painkillers.

Sorry to hear you are in pain.

Sitting at one of the most depressing places in Ireland as voted by the good people if AH.... Monaghan bus station.

Waiting to see if eldest gets a seat to the airport before he continues to Laois to see his dad, Stepmom and sisters.

Youngest is going tomorrow as he wants to stay with his gf for tonight.

He's on. Am away home me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭gifted

Captains Log....12pm....26th Dec.

Got the crew up and decided on healthy breakfast....had a fruit bowl with yogurt.....since then there has been a comeback by the Lindt chocolate brigade..also the cheeseboard has been attacked.....also the Cadbury heroes chocolate tub has also been raided ...turkey and ham has also been pilfered.....so it's fairly safe to say that the healthy eating plan has been well and truly kicked into touch......also put a space scooter together and cleaned and lit the stove.....I'm off to bed, see ye next year....lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Wrapped in my new giant dressing gown and eating apple tart while waiting for the annual new DVD viewing to begin. For the 11th consecutive year my choice has lost the sibling vote by four votes to one. I blame santy for never bringing me the sister I repeatedly requested as a child

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Wrapped in my new giant dressing gown and eating apple tart while waiting for the annual new DVD viewing to begin. For the 11th consecutive year my choice has lost the sibling vote by four votes to one. I blame santy for never bringing me the sister I repeatedly requested as a child

That brings back memories! Here’s a Honeybear tip bolgbui41 ...
    In our house, girls outnumbered the boys 2:1 so my brothers used to bring over their friends to skew the voting when we wanted to watch a “Darcy film” (i.e a period drama)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Just waiting on son and family to arrive for dinner .

Harry , I hope you hear from your friend soon ,.

I'm ok grem, just suffer from anxiety as I'm sure many posters do, whether they admit it or not. I was talking to a pal that was down in the dumps, shared some dark thoughts with me and then went off the radar. Of course I'm gonna worry

Anxiety causes "catastrophising". If you already have naturally strong instincts your radar will start going haywire when there's a sign of something being not quite normal. Conversely it can make you doubt your correct first instincts about a person or situation.

I'm sorry you've been left to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Oof, me too and have been in that situation, anxiety can really take the ball and run with it.. Pig of an affliction

Wouldn't wish it on me worst enemy grem. I was diagnosed with pstd at 17, and with that comes the anxiety.. I'd be fine for months, years even and then it just hits like a ton of bloody bricks. Back on topic, I'm going to visit me ma today and there will be drinks had. Many drinks. I didn't lick it off the stones!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

In cork, visiting my granny in a nursing home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Just in from a trip to kiliney to see the fancy houses.
    And a walk.
    And a nerve steadier.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Balmed out on the couch watching gold finger and eating ham sandwiches, god I wish I was as smooth an operator with the ladies as bond is 😏😏

😃😸

If that's Daniel Craig, I never saw the attraction. He looks so humourless and po faced.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If that's Daniel Craig, I never saw the attraction. He looks so humourless and po faced.

No Sean Connery.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

No Sean Connery.

That's the Sssh-ctottish accent.

Couchside, back from a 5k run.

After having some trifle, might go for seconds soon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Gone on an involuntary trip down memory lane..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Is there any limit to the amount of Brussels sprouts that you can eat in one day ?

Been put to bed, feel like Ive been run over. Bloody weak and dizzy and shivering today. It's much like stepping onto dry land after a month at sea. I hate to lose the best part of a day feeling useless. Time for my trusty hairdryer. Targeted pain relief!

Gone on an involuntary trip down memory lane..

Hope theyre the comforting, rather than troubling kind?. Lately I've been ambushed by dreams and memories of someone I had and still have very confusing feelings about. It is just like you say, involuntary. I attribute it to the time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

smurfjed wrote: »
    Is there any limit to the amount of Brussels sprouts that you can eat in one day ?

I hope not.

💨

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Just finishing off a curry. Rice is done. I'll reheat them later and put into the food warmer so all can help themselves. The chicken balls and sweet and sour sauce will be done later too and end up in the food warmer. For now its out for a few pints! Keep truckin folks and hope all are okay.

Another round of yesterday's huge dinner! Lying on couch drinking coffee..... Then off to work.
    Looking forward to few days off from 2moro :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sitting at the beach snack bar enjoying a non-alcoholic cocktail watching the sun begin to set over the hills. Swimming earlier in the slightly choppy Atlantic Ocean and sunbathing on Jandia beach in the nude - along with everyone else. Freedom and chilled bliss!

Happy St Stephen’s Day peeps! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Back in the cavern. Have the double family visit done now and have no necessity to visit anyone for the rest of the hols. Had a nice visit today with the in laws but it feels nice now to be rightly perched with chestnuts roasting on an open fire...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside watching tv while eating ice cream :)

I may have to persuade someone to go to the cinema with me to watch Cats ;):D

You can eat any amount of Brussels sprouts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Contemplating having a coffee topped with whipped cream . With warm apple tart and cream . Do ye think it'd be ok to take cholesterol tablet with that ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

About to head to the shower and go out to watch the Liverpool game.

Just made and helped eat a big veg curry, rice and lentils, saag aloo chana and for the meat eaters some turkey fried in garam masala and chilli. Stuffed.

Kitchenside, beef chilli simmering away and reducing all the red wine dregs into a hot mess of deliciousness. I'll give it another 20 mins, the end of the mulled wine and then we're in. Blob of sour cream and mmmmmm. Just the thing after a looooonnnng walk.

Happy it's the end of the year and the Christmas crazy is done with for now: looking forward to 2020 and plotting my next move :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Alonzo

On the sofa, watching South Park.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement