Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Hi all. What is the code for the online points calculator please? Has it changed?Was it WWFreestyle? I can't get into it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

It is just WW now.

wench wrote: »
    It is just WW now.

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Have people seen the new plans that are coming? Blue = freestyle, green = smartpoints, and purple = simply filling.

https://www.weightwatchers.com/au/m/cms/program/green-zpf-list
    https://www.weightwatchers.com/au/m/cms/program/blue-zpf-list
    https://www.weightwatchers.com/au/m/cms/program/purple-zpf-list

I got these links from reddit.

I saw something about this on Facebook. It looks interesting. Are they talking about it at meetings here yet?

• Advertisement

I haven't been to a meeting in months, so I don't know, I think it's being announced in the US on the 10, so maybe they'll talk about it then.

I'll be going to a meeting tomorrow at 6pm, if anything is said about the new plans, I'll post about it here.

So I went to the meeting. I got a book with the three plans in it, listing all the zero point foods for each and a list at the back of the books showing different points for different foods, which is colour coded. I'm on the purple plan and have 27 daily points and 42 weekly points. She said the weeklies are the same on each plan.

How are you finding it Godot? I have the new books too. I need to decide which plan to go with.

While I enjoyed doing purple (potatoes, rice and pasta!), I had a hard time controlling portions so I think from next week, I'll be going back to blue.

I do have a question. How do I find the points of something like this: https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=297242506

Is it before or after it's done do I calculate the points?

• Advertisement

You use the "(as consumed) Per sachet" values to point it.
    Same for any dried sauces, soups,etc

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ainegrainne

Hi all, I joined WW but didn't find the talk that clear on how it works as it's changed a lot since I was last year. I feel like the 'purple plan' will work best for me, is this basically Slimming world with somethings pointed?! From my understanding, in the purple plan fruit, veg, brown pasta/rice and skinless meat is point free (but don't go mad) ?! Thanks!!

The purple plan is the closest to slimming world. One difference is on slimming world, white rice and pasta is also free but not on the purple plan.

Hi all. I got an email from WW about online classes and details were to follow. Do any of you know about online classes? They would be a great help right now.

happyday wrote: »
    Hi all. I got an email from WW about online classes and details were to follow. Do any of you know about online classes? They would be a great help right now.
    Are you using the digital app? If so, I believe there should be a Connect tab at the top where you would see the classes.

I haven't tried it and I'm not sure how well supported Irish classes are.

Is your leader on facebook? Lots of them are doing live chats for their groups.

Are you using the digital app? If so, I believe there should be a Connect tab at the top where you would see the classes.

I haven't tried it and I'm not sure how well supported Irish classes are."

Thanks. I tried that and when you press follow you get people's stories on their journey that you can follow. No classes that I can see.

"Is your leader on facebook? Lots of them are doing live chats for their groups.

My leader is great but not on Facebook unfortunately. Maybe I can find another temporary leader who is. I really need a bit of structure! How are you doing?

Not too bad. Not having easy access to junk, and having to plan a few days at a time for shopping is keeping me fairly well on track.

These are two of the leaders I attend, both are keeping up daily updates

Mary O'Donoghue
    https://www.facebook.com/mary.odonoghue.12
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/952036988211480/?fref=nf

Christine Hallowed
    https://www.facebook.com/wwchristinehollowed/

Thanks for that wench. I'll have a look.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Griselda

Thanks wench.

It looks like I'd you're in the UK you get a weekly class and remote weigh in. We are second class citizens here in Ireland I think.

• Advertisement

How's everyone doing? I've been struggling with no in person classes.

Me too Godot. It's hard. I started to log my own weight each Tuesday morning and to give myself a target for the following week. I've lost 5lbs in the past two weeks and hope to loose 2 more by next week.

Before that I had put on about 7 pounds.

How are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Cat82

Hi I’m thinking of joining WW. I was just wondering is their app good for tracking food daily. Does it have a bar code scanner? If I am logging food daily it helps me see where I am going right and wrong. Thanks in advance.

Does Ireland even have access to the app? If we don't, itrackbites works like it (using the better balance or sugar smart option as the line up with ww).

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Does Ireland even have access to the app? If we don't, itrackbites works like it (using the better balance or sugar smart option as the line up with ww).

I don't know if it works here but thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Bartok

Hi all,

I'm sort of toying with the idea of returning to WW. I've done it before and had some success, but I've just totally lost the plot recently, so I need to follow some sort of proper plan!

I know it's changed since I last did it. With different colour plans? Would anyone be able to give me a really rough idea of what it's like now?

Last time I did it, there was just a list of zero point food, then you had daily points, and weeklies.

Thanks!

Bartok wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm sort of toying with the idea of returning to WW. I've done it before and had some success, but I've just totally lost the plot recently, so I need to follow some sort of proper plan!

I know it's changed since I last did it. With different colour plans? Would anyone be able to give me a really rough idea of what it's like now?

Last time I did it, there was just a list of zero point food, then you had daily points, and weeklies.

Thanks!

That is still the basic setup.
    The three plans now just offer you a choice of how you do it.

So Purple is like the old "filling and healthy", where you have a long list of whole foods to eat freely from, and a small number of daily points.
    Green is a larger number of daily points, and a small list of zero points foods, and then Blue is in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Bartok

That is still the basic setup.
    The three plans now just offer you a choice of how you do it.

So Purple is like the old "filling and healthy", where you have a long list of whole foods to eat freely from, and a small number of daily points.
    Green is a larger number of daily points, and a small list of zero points foods, and then Blue is in the middle.

Thanks a mil for that. I think it sounds like I might be a candidate for the green plan. I don't think I really liked being given such freedom actually. The responsibility!!

Does anyone here do virtual classes and if so, how do you find them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Hey everyone,

I used to post here all the time especially on my weigh in day and I always got great help and support. I am back at my heaviest and have to start again:o

Anyway I am going to start posting here again as it helped me so much to be accountable online as well as at my meetings which are non existent now. I am going to my first virtual meeting on Wednesday and hopefully it goes well.

Onwards and Downwards:)

Advertisement