Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battery not working on HP 15.6" AMD A12 8GB

• 23-03-2020 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a 2 year old HP 15.6" AMD A12 8GB RAM running Windows Home Home X64 version

Since the weekend if I disconnect the laptop from power source e.g. switch off plug at wall or disconnect power lead from side of laptop; the laptop dies

The battery indicator in the laptop is indicating battery % at 69%...Even with laptop plugged in for 24 hours it reading 69% all time

I have ran the battery test as part of the Installed "HP Support Assistant" S/W on the Laptop and it saying the battery is operating at 69% and not indicating that the battery is dead or needs replacement

Has the battery has packed in ?
    or
    Is there anything I can try/check to fix this issue
    Or
    Are HP laptops prone to this issue ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

Have you tried taking out the battery and cleaning the golden pins with a dry cloth? Sometimes it's half way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Passport1

Thanks Sheepsh4gger for the reply and suggestion
    I tried this per your suggestion
    Unfortunately no luck
    Whenever I still remove the mains power source the laptop just dies :-(
    Thanks though for reply and suggestion - appreciate it
    Keep well and stay safe
    Thanks

in this case sounds like the battery is gone

what you could try is to uninstall any items under the "batteries" section in device manager and reboot the machine.

worth a try and is completely safe to do but most likely a hardware fail here.

glasso wrote: »
    in this case sounds like the battery is gone

what you could try is to uninstall any items under the "batteries" section in device manager and reboot the machine.

worth a try and is completely safe to do but most likely a hardware fail here.

Thanks reply and suggestion..

Tried suggestion but unfortunately no luck...

Yes..does sound like battery gone...😦

Thanks reply though

Hi Again

Got a new battery but unfortunately same thing is still happening... When mains Power is removed the Laptop dies

Ive removed and re-inserted the new battery couple times in case it was wasn't slotting in correctly

Ive also cleaned the pins with dry cloth

I uninstalled the all the options in Devices\Batteries and restarted the laptop to see if them getting re-added at restart would pick up new drivers that would kick start the new battery into life

Unfortunately no luck with any of these

The Power indicator in system tray on bottom right hand side of screen is now showing 55% Power. Tis has gone down from last week when it was showing 63%

It doesn't sound like the problem here is the battery...Any other suggestions of things to try to try to solve this

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

can only suggest googling for your particular model and the problem - perhaps on some hp forums.

you're unlikely to be the only person who has encountered the issue

Advertisement