Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MUFC1

Wonder will the medicals go ahead next week. Fingers crossed they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

MUFC1 wrote: »
    Wonder will the medicals go ahead next week. Fingers crossed they do.

I'd imagine they will go ahead, go to the appointment anyway unless you hear from them saying not to.

NornIron74 wrote: »
    I'd imagine they will go ahead, go to the appointment anyway unless you hear from them saying not to.

I will still be going, but am half expecting an email tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CuppaTay

I've my physical at the end of the month and I'm shatting it about getting sick before then. Gonna send an email tomorrow to see what the score is, and for my own peace of mind.

Edit - Physical cancelled and no date for the reschedule. I'm sure it'll be a similar story with medicals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

I have not received anything yet about my medical being cancelled.

Hopefully, PCA was only cancelled because of the large number of people that attend at a time.

If medicals were to be cancelled they would a been today.. I would agree large numbers that's why PCA is cancelled.

What I heard is that people who haven't attended pca yet are getting theirs cancelled but support sessions and retests are going ahead

GV has been closed for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Peeler97

I’m in GV, we’re currently still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Notorious3

News to me, still in myself

• Advertisement

Notorious3 wrote: »
    News to me, still in myself

Well that's even better news again lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Troaway

Getting nervous. June start, wondering what will happen before then. Potentially delayed entry? Hopefully will be kept informed so can keep current employer somewhat notified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 acnipsni123

What merit list position were you if you don’t mind me asking? I was hoping to hear soon for intake I wasn’t aware up until June had already been notified, looks like I’m in for longer I wait than I thought.

Hopefully no delayed starts like you say but who knows what can happen at this point. I’m sure they will want all the peelers they can to deal with the situation if it gets any worse

• Registered Users Posts: 21 4thelads

Troaway wrote: »
    Getting nervous. June start, wondering what will happen before then. Potentially delayed entry? Hopefully will be kept informed so can keep current employer somewhat notified.

Calls haven't gone out yet for the May intake so how did you hear about June?

Has anyone's else mecidal been cancelled today??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jcarp

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is keeping well despite the current **** storm. I have passed everything so far including medical and SMT. However no email regarding vetting. ML is in the 900-1000 bracket. Any guesses on how long before I get the vetting result etc?

jcarp wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Hope everyone is keeping well despite the current **** storm. I have passed everything so far including medical and SMT. However no email regarding vetting. ML is in the 900-1000 bracket. Any guesses on how long before I get the vetting result etc?

I'm ML 520-540 and my vetting only passed 2 weeks ago. It can take a good 14-16 weeks in some cases

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jcarp

Thanks,

Did you get a phone call/induction invitation etc?

Thanks,

Did you get a phone call/induction invitation etc?

Not yet but judging by the numbers I must be very close as there are ML numbers greater than mine got a call last month. With the current situation around coronavirus it's quite possible recruitment may be put on pause for now though

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

I'm 880-900 and my vetting and smt passed on Monday, vetting took exactly 13 weeks but then it is different for everybody, hopefully yours passes soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

Medical was cancelled this morning as I was driving in about 10 mins away :( gutted lol. God knows when the rescheduled date will be. 850-870 still waiting on vetting and was hoping to get the medical out of the road today. Damn you Covid-19!! Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 brsco

For everyone currently in GV, is it still business as usual this morning given the PM’s announcement yesterday?? I’m Due to start in the next 2 weeks..... cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Notorious3

brsco wrote: »
    For everyone currently in GV, is it still business as usual this morning given the PM’s announcement yesterday?? I’m Due to start in the next 2 weeks..... cheers

We have been off the past 2 days, due to return as normal tomorrow. But everything changes daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 brsco

You might have an extended break by the looks of things... hopefully not though... fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kittty

Anyone due to start in the March intake ? If so can you private mail me I am so confused

• Advertisement

kittty wrote: »
    Anyone due to start in the March intake ? If so can you private mail me I am so confused

Did you get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 first_timer10

Anyone had their medical this week or have they all been cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 first_timer10

Just received my cancellation email for next weeks medical ��

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kittty

NornIron74 wrote: »
    Did you get sorted?

Yes Thank you!

Anyone been contacted yet about the May intake or are we all assuming it's probably shut down for a while?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 acnipsni123

Just got email through saying that they don’t expect to take any new students to college before June this year, reduced numbers to allow for social distancing

Just got email through saying that they don’t expect to take any new students to college before June this year, reduced numbers to allow for social distancing

Got it too, can't say I'm too surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 traviswach

Just wondering how long after getting your medical test result does it take to recieve the substance misuse test result

traviswach wrote: »
    Just wondering how long after getting your medical test result does it take to recieve the substance misuse test result

My SMT result took 3 weeks, if its been over 2 weeks I would drop HR an email.

What ML range are you and have you passed all the other stages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nornirnman

hoping I'll be starting soon

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Dude. Remove your ML number and give a range ...

Anybody on here get a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mcc212ajc

just passed vetting finally after an 8 month wait. do calls go out at the start of every month or how does it generally work ? thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

Wow 8 months for vetting? I've been waiting 17 weeks so far and I'm ready to pull my hair out lol

mcc212ajc wrote: »
    just passed vetting finally after an 8 month wait. do calls go out at the start of every month or how does it generally work ? thanks in advance
    Calls usually go out every 5 weeks but there probably won't be anymore until June because of covid 19. Well done on waiting 8 months, mine passed after 3 months and I thought that was long enough.

• Advertisement

Thank you very much for the replies and information above guys I really appreciate it . I'm glad its cleared, I must say this forum has been an excellent source of information and to keep the sanity going lol. see you in there at some stage hopefully guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ams1707

Hi

That's great on ur vetting

I'm not far behind u in months with mine

When did u get ur pass email last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

I’m still waiting from the middle of August.......

got the email last Friday saying the vetting had cleared. ML is 450-480 . for anyone whose anxiously waiting it will come don't worry or lose hope. I genuinely just forgot about the vetting and it came as a nice surprise . the next thing is just the call , but the fact you have passed all stages and are appointable is a nice stage to be at. you will all get there too guys sooner or later, we've all come this far and theres a lot to be said for that. no doubt I will see some guys on here in college aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

got the email last Friday saying the vetting had cleared. ML is 450-480 . for anyone whose anxiously waiting it will come don't worry or lose hope. I genuinely just forgot about the vetting and it came as a nice surprise . the next thing is just the call , but the fact you have passed all stages and are appointable is a nice stage to be at. you will all get there too guys sooner or later, we've all come this far and theres a lot to be said for that. no doubt I will see some guys on here in college aswell.

Aye my ML is 410-430 and I had a hell of a time passing my medical which to be fair helped take my mind of waiting on vetting. I had no idea it would take this long though.

Anyone any idea how far down the ML list recruitment have got, my last count was round 750ish?

the wait just makes it all the sweeter when it does come through . I've been checking the recruitment statistics and they seem to be getting through a large chunk of this campaign very quickly with over 300 already accepted offers of appointment so despite the covid that still looks quite promising for us all

• Registered Users Posts: 23 G18

Got invite to complete online learning stage. Anyone else get this invite recently and if so anyone having issue creating account?

Once lockdown is starting to ease, they will speed the process up dramatically. It'll mean they won't just be using GV as a training facility but likely another site for more senior squads. That will help push candidates through quicker. Only a matter or being patient guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 CuppaTay

Got the online learning invite as well. I made my account a few days ago then went to get started yesterday and the site was having issues. 100% now though, perhaps the Virgin outages were affecting the site?

Advertisement