Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer ! In a gym !

Options
  • 05-03-2020 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

Still bleary eyed at 7am this morning i walked into Flyefit CHQ to be greeted by non other than FREE BEER !! :eek:

504668.jpeg

504669.jpeg

Yes I know its non-alcoholic but should a gym be offering / promoting beer to its clients ? Seems a bit counter intuitive and irresponsible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

False advertising to be calling that beer tbh

What's the point anyway? Only reason I drink is to forget how much of a crappy lifter I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Doesn’t the US chain Planet Fitness often get a slagging for giving out free pizza? A zero alcohol beer is a damn sight healthier than most of the usual crap found in gym vending machines

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

It's awful pîss but not sure how egregious it is to be offering non-alcoholic drinks. If anything, it would probably put people off Heineken

• Registered Users Posts: 23,318 ✭✭✭✭ted1

False advertising to be calling that beer tbh

What's the point anyway? Only reason I drink is to forget how much of a crappy lifter I am.

The tax man doesn’t differentiate...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Flyefit tallaght have the same branded fridge. Didn't realise there was actual beer in it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Paddigol

What's the issue exactly? I'm no nutritionist, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I would guess that it contains as much alcohol as any sports drink, more nutrients and less sugar. Its a commercial brand engaging in commercial marketing through another commercial business.

OP clearly has an issue with it, I'm just struggling to see what exactly it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭Augme

It's a very smart business move. The aim will be to make Heineken zero an acceptable drink anytime, anywhere. Hence the reason to push it in a gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Dutchy

Is it free? That is my only question.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Augme wrote: »
    It's a very smart business move. The aim will be to make Heineken zero an acceptable drink anytime, anywhere. Hence the reason to push it in a gym.

Yes it's free - they probably see teh fitness community as a target market for non-alcoholic beer as some pay a lot of attention to their diet and area health conscious etc.
    I can absolutely see the overlap (I don't drink myself)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It ain't no beer aye but it's sure is alcohol free..,.

Nice idea to promote a product and nobody could surely be giving out about getting something free ....

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

ted1 wrote: »

That isn't true. Where did you get that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

D3V!L wrote: »
    Yes I know its non-alcoholic but should a gym be offering / promoting beer to its clients ? Seems a bit counter intuitive and irresponsible.

How is it counter intuitive?
    The negative aspect of beer is the alcohol. With that removed I don’t see what the issue is.
    If anything if it helps people cut down on alcohol it’s probably positive.
    ted1 wrote: »
    Except for the part where it’s taxed differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭d15ude

Many non-alcoholic beers are isotonic, therefore perfect for rehydration!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Non alcoholic beer is
    like going down on your sister. Tastes the same, but you know it’s not right

Spoiler tags for decorum. You were warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

d15ude wrote: »
    Many non-alcoholic beers are isotonic, therefore perfect for rehydration!

Germany have that attitude to them.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Little update:

The beer fridge was gone the next day after I posted this. Clearly wasn't many takers.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

D3V!L wrote: »
    Little update:

The beer fridge was gone the next day after I posted this. Clearly wasn't many takers.

Free sample promotions only last a few days usually.

Advertisement