Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
16-06-2019, 20:02   #8056
YNWA27
Registered User
 
YNWA27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunafish123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by YNWA27 View Post
It's not.

Several friends found out on day off medical...
It can be, I heard 8 days after my medical. Just depends.
My point was it's not "the norm"

Like vetting medical is unique to each person
YNWA27 is online now  
Advertisement
Yesterday, 10:32   #8057
SUFTUM95
Registered User
 
SUFTUM95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 19
Hi guys, got my call and letter there last week. Finally! Buzzing!

Does anyone on here have any information/tips/recommendations on picking districts?

Cheers!
SUFTUM95 is offline  
Yesterday, 10:47   #8058
Greyhound79
Registered User
 
Greyhound79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUFTUM95 View Post
Hi guys, got my call and letter there last week. Finally! Buzzing!

Does anyone on here have any information/tips/recommendations on picking districts?

Cheers!
Well done. Congratulations. Great news to hear and a big relief to you! Hope to be in the same position in a few months!!
Can't give you any tips on choosing districts. I have a few in mind for myself, but it's because its close enough but far enough away. It's going to be busy, so will get experience (though don't know where the time will come to complete paper work).
Greyhound79 is offline  
Yesterday, 10:55   #8059
SUFTUM95
Registered User
 
SUFTUM95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound79 View Post
Well done. Congratulations. Great news to hear and a big relief to you! Hope to be in the same position in a few months!!
Can't give you any tips on choosing districts. I have a few in mind for myself, but it's because its close enough but far enough away. It's going to be busy, so will get experience (though don't know where the time will come to complete paper work).
It’ll be time before you know it!

So is it basically like just choosing the best mix of workload/distance from your house?
SUFTUM95 is offline  
Yesterday, 11:09   #8060
Greyhound79
Registered User
 
Greyhound79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 57
You would really need to sit down and have a think. Would you like to work in a city/large town? How quickly will you learn on the job? What distance will you have to commute to work? Just a couple of questions to consider. However I think that no matter what your choices will be, they will all be considered at equal weighing, meaning that if you really wanted option 1 in your choice and put option 4 down just to fill in space, you technically could be placed in option 4.
Greyhound79 is offline  
Advertisement
Today, 00:11   #8061
JECornette
Registered User
 
JECornette's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 37
Some districts are a lot busier than others..be careful
JECornette is offline  
Today, 11:09   #8062
Dromore_2019
Registered User
 
Dromore_2019's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JECornette View Post
Some districts are a lot busier than others..be careful
I'm your opinion were is the busy districts assume Belfast / derry maybe Newry?
Dromore_2019 is online now  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet