Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€10 off €30 Spend at Dunnes Stores just download app and register

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭alanbk

Anyone know how to get around the phone number. You have to have a valid phone to register so I’ll be limited to my wife’s only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

alanbk wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get around the phone number. You have to have a valid phone to register so I’ll be limited to my wife’s only.

Register with your email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭EDavey20

Can you get €10 off with some deli items included?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

It says "this app is not available in your country"

Anyone else getting that or are my settings messed up!?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

You have to have a phone number to get validation code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    You have to have a phone number to get validation code

No you don’t

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

How do you register. When I try to register and give my phone no. Or email for validation when I leave app to check validation and go back to app the space to enter validation code has disappeared and I have to start over?

App failed at checkout today- down 40 euro-it was if I hadn’t set up the app- absolutely raging- so my advice is hang on to the paper vouchers as a backup

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Used this and well worth getting- is it only a once off? Appears you can only use it once- I wonder will they issue more?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Have a €5 off €20 voucher I won't use. Will email screenshot when it appears in app tomorrow to first to reply. No PMs please!

Might be a good idea to create a separate thread for Dunnes vouchers offers/requests, if there's demand, to avoid cluttering this thread...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

Quackster wrote: »
    Have a €5 off €20 voucher I won't use. Will email screenshot when it appears in app tomorrow to first to reply. No PMs please!

Might be a good idea to create a separate thread for Dunnes vouchers offers/requests, if there's demand, to avoid cluttering this thread...

I’ll take it if you don’t mind? Much appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

Some feedback on my experience. I set up a few accounts on the app with different email addresses. Last week I had planned to use 2 of them on a 60 euro shop by splitting the shop at the till. I said it to the girl and she was happy to do that but said it would be better if I had a €60 total and I could use 2 x 10of30 vouchers and that I would get a 10of50 voucher added to my loyalty card. I did this and it worked. I had used 2 different email addresses none of which were linked to my loyalty card.

I went in then this week just for a €30 shop and a different cashier noticed my loyalty key ring which I didn't want to use. I said no that's on a different account and she said that I have to scan a loyalty card to use the 10of30 voucher. This was the first time I'd heard or seen anything like this. I gave my loyalty card and all went through. She started banging on about how it didn't work for her with a customer last week but I got the impression that she was taking it on her own back to introduce this condition. She said people are sending each other the vouchers. I wanted ask her what's that got to do with her but didn't want to rock the boat ........I have 5 more vouchers :) Just a busybody methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LuckyFriend

Hi can anyone confirm that this is still valid? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

boardz wrote: »
    Some feedback on my experience. I set up a few accounts on the app with different email addresses. Last week I had planned to use 2 of them on a 60 euro shop by splitting the shop at the till. I said it to the girl and she was happy to do that but said it would be better if I had a €60 total and I could use 2 x 10of30 vouchers and that I would get a 10of50 voucher added to my loyalty card. I did this and it worked. I had used 2 different email addresses none of which were linked to my loyalty card.

I went in then this week just for a €30 shop and a different cashier noticed my loyalty key ring which I didn't want to use. I said no that's on a different account and she said that I have to scan a loyalty card to use the 10of30 voucher. This was the first time I'd heard or seen anything like this. I gave my loyalty card and all went through. She started banging on about how it didn't work for her with a customer last week but I got the impression that she was taking it on her own back to introduce this condition. She said people are sending each other the vouchers. I wanted ask her what's that got to do with her but didn't want to rock the boat ........I have 5 more vouchers :) Just a busybody methinks.

Trust Dunnes to cheap out on their app and not have basic protection for abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Proper order surely to stop spoofers with more than one account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Smart thing is to shop for 30 and use it..if you use them twice to get another 10 off 50, its violating T&Cs anyways…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Proper order surely to stop spoofers with more than one account?

Exactly, and the poor sales assistant is probably just (rightly) following policy to keep her job.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

Exactly, and the poor sales assistant is probably just (rightly) following policy to keep her job.

Sales assistants lives matter

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Re registered using different email address - new now voucher up online app.
    Presume I’d need a different email address each time and won’t be able to use my own real club card to keep doing this?

you don't need a club card to use vouchers. In addition, you'll need to spend 1000's in one year just to get about 100 euro discount offers on the club card so it's a total prostitution of your personal details.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Can you use the €10 off with €30 without a club card?

I just download the app and haven't a clue how to utilise the reduction.

• Advertisement

Is that done automatically if you have your club card scanned in?

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭alanbk

Yep. Just scan the card on the app when you are at the till and then scan the €10 off €30 voucher. You don’t need a physical card. Just be sure that you opted for a digital card while registering on the app.

That sounds great.

Do you have to explain to the cahier beforehand how you are going to pay with the two vouchers?

Thanks. I already registered for the app. Will go back in later to try to opted for the digital card.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The 10 off 30 offer is great, Ive been bashing the sh1t out of it for several months now using different email addresses to set up a new account each time. Once you stick close to a 30 quid purchase its basically 33% off everytime and its reduced down to 20 at the till.

Tried it once I think,just recognised my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thats likely because you signed up with your phone number for the verification code to set it up. Log out of the app and re-sign up but dont give them your phone number to get the verification code, instead hit 'Sign up with email'. That way you can keep signing up using a temporary email address with an inbox to get the verification code. That way you can get a 10 off 30 voucher for every shop, it takes around 30 minutes for the voucher to arrive on the app once signed up so do it before you leave the house.

They're so useless they deserve to be taken advantage of.

Cheers. I used my mobile number this time.

Will use different email addresses on future.

For the email route. You still need to give your phone number to have the voucher on your phone? No issues with that?

• Advertisement

Advertisement