Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€10 off €30 Spend at Dunnes Stores just download app and register

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Spn744 wrote: »
    Tested and voucher used today.

Download the app https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/dunnes-stores/id1539398657

Register with your phone number & value card and receive a €10 off €30 spend at Dunnes Store that doesn’t expire for a year!
    Cheers for the heads-up. It's also available in the Google Play Store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Thanks op.

At last Dunnes Stores move into the 21st century.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Spn744

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Thanks op.

Great to have the card to scan as well if you don’t have your key fob!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Quackster wrote: »
    Cheers for the heads-up. It's also available in the Google Play Store.

don't see the offer in the play store app?

• Advertisement

No Android app, idiots.

Literally the post above yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,943 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Literally the post above yours.
    Yes just noticed and deleted my post :o

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭AUDI20

Dunnes prices have really gone up recently so your not gaining very much on the €10 off scheme, 24 Slab of Diet Coke gone up from €10 to €15.50 dearer than any other Supermarket. just one item of note

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,473 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

A tenners a tenner.

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Thanks op.

Still have to call the young one on the self service machines though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,010 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Cheers OP, got the sign up voucher and it already has my latest 10 off €50 recorded as well which is great because I always forget the damn things :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Great to have the card to scan as well if you don’t have your key fob!

Download Stocard all your cards in the one app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭GBX

ted1 wrote: »
    Download Stocard all your cards in the one app

Google Pay saves cards as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭tscul32

Thanks OP, my 10 off 30 is on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88,131 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭wassie

I'm guessing it cant be used for booze since the new health regs came into force earlier this year? (I havent used a Dunnes voucher since last year)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭TetraSonic55

wassie wrote: »
    I'm guessing it cant be used for booze since the new health regs came into force earlier this year? (I havent used a Dunnes voucher since last year)

Your right, can't be used on booze,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

wassie wrote: »

Correct. It's for groceries only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭Soarer

AUDI20 wrote: »
    Dunnes prices have really gone up recently so your not gaining very much on the €10 off scheme, 24 Slab of Diet Coke gone up from €10 to €15.50 dearer than any other Supermarket. just one item of note

All supermarkets move their prices like that.

Also, this voucher lasts a year. So wait for it to come back down to €10, and you’ll get 3 slabs for €20.

What other supermarket will give you that?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭go4it

min req. android 8 and up .
    i should have claimed their last year coupon for VF cheap phones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Tested and voucher used today.

Download the app https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/dunnes-stores/id1539398657

Register with your phone number & value card and receive a €10 off €30 spend at Dunnes Store that doesn’t expire for a year!

Great offer - ta very much

I'm off to stock up on their balsamic onion cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Not usable for clothes or household items ?

Didn't scan on the self service machine.

Obviously haven't caught up with themselves.

kneemos wrote: »

They do on the newest self-service machines in some stores and the older ones in my local store were upgraded last year to scan phone screens too.

They do on the newest self-service machines in some stores and the older ones in my local store were upgraded last year to scan phone screens too.

Think I saw them upgrading them recently,still no worky though.

Think I saw them upgrading them recently,still no worky though.

Did you turn your phones brightness up to max and try? That usually fixes the issue for me and if not I have to enter manually!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Valid for a year which is really good. Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

I know - I shop every week with Dunnes using the €10 off for €50 voucher & I know and can se where they up the prices like this - it was €8 the other week. You just gotta bulk buy some stuff when they are reduced and steer away from them crazy prices when they are up.
    Maybe its cos of lockdown, but I can spot when they put a cent on anything I usually buy & I wait a week or 2 and its back down again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

App requires android 8.0 or higher

Mine is 7.0 so won't work and phone model is only 4 years old!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Thanks OP.

Its a well designed app too.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭slystallone

Techless wrote: »
    Not usable for clothes or household items ?

I had seen before signs around the electronics section that they were included in the 10 off 50 spent voucher,e.g blenders, toasters, kettles and the likes. Can anyone confirm was this just a limited time offer or is that the norm for this voucher?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭TetraSonic55

I had seen before signs around the electronics section that they were included in the 10 off 50 spent voucher,e.g blenders, toasters, kettles and the likes. Can anyone confirm was this just a limited time offer or is that the norm for this voucher?

I recently bought a printer, ink and a pair of headphones and the 10 off 50, as well as a 5 off 25 voucher I used was accepted. Bought them around 2 weeks ago

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Mine scans on the self service in my local Dunnes but the attendant has to come over and override something for the voucher to be accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

Nice app. I like the way the screen auto brightens up to max when presenting the vouchers!

I wouldn't shop in Dunnes if it weren't for the money off vouchers (10 off for every 50 euro spent) as it's too expensive.

The cokes were "special offer" at 13,50 today but still you make a valid point.

I've noticed a number of prices rising recently but also (chicken now 10% dearer than it has been for the last year), prices in general are that bit dearer so you need to spend every week to get the vouchers in order to bring the total down to something more like a super-value shop - you certainly don't "save" 20% on your weekly shop with the vouchers when compared to other supermarkets- it's more like 5% when you take their prices into account.

I'm going to register with Super Value one of these days and see what a similar weekly shop comes to as I used to shop there but I like the Whelean's butchers in Dunnes even though i know those meat prices are extortionate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Will I be able to print off these vouchers (take screenshot and print barcode) and give them to relative who doesn't have a smartphone? (They have a club card, which I will register for them)

I wouldn't shop in Dunnes if it weren't for the money off vouchers (10 off for every 50 euro spent) as it's too expensive.

The cokes were "special offer" at 13,50 today but still you make a valid point.

I've noticed a number of prices rising recently but also (chicken now 10% dearer than it has been for the last year), prices in general are that bit dearer so you need to spend every week to get the vouchers in order to bring the total down to something more like a super-value shop - you certainly don't "save" 20% on your weekly shop with the vouchers when compared to other supermarkets- it's more like 5% when you take their prices into account.

I'm going to register with Super Value one of these days and see what a similar weekly shop comes to as I used to shop there but I like the Whelean's butchers in Dunnes even though i know those meat prices are extortionate.

Dunnes need to diversify their product range. They have loads of variety of the same products all over the shop. Should drop their own brand stuff too, don't think anybody buys it.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Cheers OP, got the sign up voucher and it already has my latest 10 off €50 recorded as well which is great because I always forget the damn things :)

Hi.
    I wonder can this be used in conjunction with other cash off vouchers ??

SheroP wrote: »
    Hi.
    I wonder can this be used in conjunction with other cash off vouchers ??
    Yeah, you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Gooser14

ando wrote:
    Nice app. I like the way the screen auto brightens up to max when presenting the vouchers!

Agree. I nice additional feature would be the saving of the receipt to the app like the Lidl app.

• Advertisement

timple23 wrote: »
    Will I be able to print off these vouchers (take screenshot and print barcode) and give them to relative who doesn't have a smartphone? (They have a club card, which I will register for them)

I don’t know 100% but if it’s printed off as a barcode it will act exactly the same as the app does when scanned.

Dunnes need to diversify their product range. They have loads of variety of the same products all over the shop. Should drop their own brand stuff too, don't think anybody buys it.

Their scones and bread are nice but that’s the extent of what I buy from an own label perspective

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Dunnes standard own brand range can be good but is generally a good bit more expensive than other generics. The simply better "high end" own brand is very good quality though and sometimes worth paying extra for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

App requires android 8.0 or higher

Mine is 7.0 so won't work and phone model is only 4 years old!

Same here. Why have they done this? Must be loads of phones on less than 8.0.

Can only be used on groceries too, which isn't mentioned on the posters they have in store in the clothes section! Fiancée has a newer phone so got her to download the app, only to find this out!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

So, app worked great , went to local Dunnes and spent a small fortune albeit reduced on fancy detergent, dishwasher tablets and loo roll etc ,that I could have got for a fraction in “other” shops ..... got €10 off though 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭AhhHere

Signed up a few days ago and got a strange email from them this morning. Subject line was "unsubscribe_webform" and random numbers.

The email told me to download the app. Which I already did as that's how they got my email..

My phone number was in the mail too. Not the best security practice imo. I also did not give permission to contact me via email.

The sloppyness is unsettling.is there anywhere to delete my data?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,010 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

SheroP wrote: »
    So, app worked great , went to local Dunnes and spent a small fortune albeit reduced on fancy detergent, dishwasher tablets and loo roll etc ,that I could have got for a fraction in “other” shops ..... got €10 off though 😂😂

Just used it this morning for the first time too and scanned without issue at the till. It's already updated too with the new voucher as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pickboosgo

Yeah, you can.

Wouldn't work for me at the same time as 5 off 25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

downloaded the app this morning and followed the instructions to link it to my online account, but it's not recognising that I have an online account on the app - I don't shop there much anymore, just the odd 2 or 3 things I can't get in Aldi or Lidl, so no real loss

Pickboosgo wrote: »
    Wouldn't work for me at the same time as 5 off 25
    Was the total of your shopping at least the sum of the required spends of the two vouchers (€55 in your case)? I've never had an issue combining vouchers.

You also have to make sure you're not depending on any prohibited items to reach the required spend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement