Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

AngelaRI wrote: »
    TL giftcards at a VERY good rate at the moment, €11.36:
    https://www.g2a.com/netflix-gift-card-100-tl-turkey-i10000006307013

At this rate I'm not paying by card for Netflix for over a year! Just bought 3 more, loaded up no isses (no VPN), happy days! :D

How long sub do you get per card?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

Around 2 months per 100 TRY card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Got the dreaded email this morning. Revolut decommissioned my older "Virtual" card (even though it didn't expire for a couple of years) and replaced it with a new one......... damn!

However, I tried the gift card option discussed in the thread. Worked like a charm.

Major thanks to whoever the original poster was who shared this knowledge. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭matzen

AngelaRI wrote: »
    TL giftcards at a VERY good rate at the moment, €11.36:

At this rate I'm not paying by card for Netflix for over a year! Just bought 3 more, loaded up no isses (no VPN), happy days! :D

Do you need to get the Europe version? I see there is a pop up when trying to add it to the Cart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

matzen wrote: »
    Do you need to get the Europe version? I see there is a pop up when trying to add it to the Cart.

If you have Turkish Netflix, buy the TL card, the message is just warning you that you're buying a giftcard that you can't redeem in the region you're in (unless you go on VPN and it thinks you're in Turkey). Won't stop you from buying it, and no issues redeeming against Netflix without VPN

Hococop wrote: »
    I buy this as normal and just add it to my Netflix?

Yep, it'll warn you at checkout that the TL isn't redeemable in Ireland (or wherever it thinks you are located) but won't stop you checking out.
    Apply to Netflix without VPN provided you are already signed up to Turkish sub

i would say do not overdo it. I would be concerned with purchasing too many due to high inflation in Turkey and currency is falling. So there is a high chance that TL will again weaken against euro/dollar. This would lead to TL vouchers dropping further down in euro price and Netflix will increase subscription costs in Turkey in line with inflation and currency value.

I'm good for just over a year, so unless the currency really crashes and prices go up 3-fold or more, still a massive saving on Irish prices.
    I was looking back over past payments and there was a time, not even all that long ago, just a few short years, I was paying €6.99 for Irish (think this was before the 4K but still full HD/multiscreen plan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Gift card price gone up to over 12 euro now.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭BlackMask93

I got a notification yesterday stating that i needed to update my payment method. Tried to use my Revolut and Irish debit card to no luck using the VPN method for Turkey.

Any idea as to what i can do next? Or will i just keep trying with Revolut virtual cards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭davehey79

Same issue as all here update payment method but no card i added was accepted so used the Vouchers that can be got here (https://www.g2a.com/netflix-gift-card-100-tl-turkey-i10000006307013) bought 2 and added to account and now says i'm paid up and in credit until October 7th 2021 obv currency fluctuations may change this but great work around to whoever suggested this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

Paulcon93 wrote: »
    I got a notification yesterday stating that i needed to update my payment method. Tried to use my Revolut and Irish debit card to no luck using the VPN method for Turkey.

Any idea as to what i can do next? Or will i just keep trying with Revolut virtual cards?

Did you try without the VPN?
    I changed payment details twice in the past few months no problem without VPN.

wiz569 wrote: »

I haven't actually but how do you access Turkish Netflix without a VPN i just keep getting re-directed to the Irish one anytime i attempt to access the Turkish site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

wiz569 wrote: »

Also curious as to what you mean here.

Have you being paying turkey prices for the last few years and now just login to Irish Netflix to update CC details with your Irish credit card or revolut?

Ok so I think it worked for me.

After entering Turkish Netflix without VPN , inputting debit card details and it seems to have gone through. Revolut wouldn’t work no matter what type of card I used virtual, physical or disposable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

I haven't actually but how do you access Turkish Netflix without a VPN i just keep getting re-directed to the Irish one anytime i attempt to access the Turkish site.
    quazzy wrote: »
    Also curious as to what you mean here.

Have you being paying turkey prices for the last few years and now just login to Irish Netflix to update CC details with your Irish credit card or revolut?

Just head to netflix.com without your VPN on and sign in then you can do what you need to from there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Folks,
    What VPN are you using?
    I'm about to sign up for hola but it's $14.99 a month so would that not wipe out any savings that changing to Turkish/Argentinian Netflix would give ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

tom1ie wrote:
    Folks, What VPN are you using? I'm about to sign up for hola but it's $14.99 a month so would that not wipe out any savings that changing to Turkish/Argentinian Netflix would give ya?

Do us a favour and read the OP.

You don't need a paid VPN.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Do us a favour and read the OP.

You don't need a paid VPN.

I have read the OP.
    you have to pay for that VPN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

tom1ie wrote: »
    I have read the OP.
    you have to pay for that VPN.

You just need the vpn to signup to netflix, after that you can remove it. So there is no vpn sub required to keep using your Turkish netflix sub. There should be a free version or trail for Hola, enough to get you signup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

same for windscribe . you get 2gbs a month free when you sign up.

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    You just need the vpn to signup to netflix, after that you can remove it. So there is no vpn sub required to keep using your Turkish netflix sub. There should be a free version or trail for Hola, enough to get you signup.

Thank you for taking the time to explain that, very helpful.
    I have cancelled my Netflix sub and will now follow the rest of the instructions when the sun runs out.

gussieg wrote: »
    same for windscribe . you get 2gbs a month free when you sign up.

What's windscribe?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭jc77

I had to update my payment details also and both my real & disposable Revolut cards were rejected numerous times, regardless of trying to update with a vpn or not.

I contacted Netflix via the ‘contact us’ link in the update payment email, choose the option of ‘other reason’ and successfully updated payment details with my real Revolut card number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

Windscribe is another vpn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

jc77 wrote: »
    I had to update my payment details also and both my real & disposable Revolut cards were rejected numerous times, regardless of trying to update with a vpn or not.

I contacted Netflix via the ‘contact us’ link in the update payment email, choose the option of ‘other reason’ and successfully updated payment details with my real Revolut card number.

Can you post that link please?

TL gift card prices are down again to 11.30-ish

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Setanter

What vpn are people using successfully these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭jc77

Ush1 wrote: »
    Can you post that link please?

https://help.netflix.com/en/

Setanter wrote: »

I used Proton a few weeks ago. Got the paid version, it's something like a fiver a month. They have a trail too, so you can sign up and immediately cancel and it'll do you for the Netflix switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Worked like a charm with Revolut. Thanks OP!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Setanter wrote: »

I used SurfShark but I have subscription so its fully paid version if that makes any difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Wow...
    I have tried adding Revolut so many times and it has always been rejected by NF. I haven't tried in a few months now, but I just gave it a go and it worked straight away, dafunck.
    I did not use a vpn, just logged in to NF Ire and changed payment details for Turkish NF account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I hope the MODS don't mind me posting a link to a thread quite like this one except for HBOMAX for around 5 euro per month for anyway interested

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058197295

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Wow...
    I have tried adding Revolut so many times and it has always been rejected by NF. I haven't tried in a few months now, but I just gave it a go and it worked straight away, dafunck.
    I did not use a vpn, just logged in to NF Ire and changed payment details for Turkish NF account.

Where can you change it to a Turkish nf account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

It won't accept any of my Debit or Credit card's for some reason...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭lordsheepface

Has anyone had any recent success with revolut and turkish vpn? Thanks

• Advertisement

I have 4 screens. Its around €17 in Ireland and I think I pay around €6 or so for the same package using Turkish netflix vouchers

Wow that's good, is that the g2a I think or cdkeys you get the vouchers from?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

After using Mexican for so long and ending that membership it would not accept payment for Turkish Lira on Revolut, despite using a Turkish vpn. Could get back to paying the pesos once switched back to Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭McGaz23

I was signed up to Netflix Turkey for the last year or so thanks to this thread and all was going well but it got cancelled on me today because my card is no longer valid. I changed my card and signed up today with an Irish sub, does anyone know if I'll run into problems in a month's time when trying to cancel and switch back to Turkey?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

I tried NordVPN and Windscribe for Turkey and both give me "There was an error processing your payment information. Please check that all fields are filled out correctly and try again." when I try pay.

Using a normal Revout card I topped up with some Lira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

Same happened to me, so I followed the earlier comment of buying gift vouchers from g2a.

This worked and I have applied enough to my account to keep it active until next summer, for the princely sum of about €40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Casati

I see these for sale now at 128 TL - for 100 TL credit, is that correct? I.e. doing it via vouchers is making it 28% more expensive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

This used to give me trouble with revolut after few months of use but I'm using my AIB account past 2 years and with max screens for €6 per month, never once an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Dmac98

Just seen Netflix to offer free membership to Kenya. No restrictions.

any chance of bringing some of the free Netflix to Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Good luck finding a VPN with Kenya on its list

• Advertisement
Advertisement