Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Doing a real bank holiday thing and after watching Despicable Me 2. It's still good

At the playground with the kids. Simple pleasures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen....my happy place....another camogie match this morning with the middle chick, have to head off soon now for a soccer match with her....youngest chick guilted me into baking chocolate chewy biscuits for her so just waiting for them to finish in the oven.......was it a long weekend??? Lol lol

And herself got me to cut the lawn as well today....yep its a man's world ffs

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Time for a trundle to work for me.. Bank holiday indeed 🙄😣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Putting my feet up after a bit of painting. Tackling my kitchen.

Bath soon.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@Purple Mountain How was the bath?. Sure you'll want to paint the bathroom now! 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

One tired little Auto and Alfie here, legs walked off me 😂😂 Found someones parking permit yesterday and left it in the Garda station so my good deed done👍

Love the feeling of a good deed done 😊 Alfie must be snoring so!.

Yes for such a small dog he has loud snores 😂😂

Bath was a godsend, I was encrusted in paint.

Nope, the bathroom was only done last year. I like painting so it's the only DIY job I actually do myself happily 😊

I'll give ye mates rates 😁

• Advertisement

Give me painting or power washing, happy out.

In work. What a load of shite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭thomil

And all I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by.

Spotted this beauty during my lunch break. She's the Georg Stage, a Danish sail training ship, in port until tomorrow.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside horizontal, tired after a very busy and long day at work.

Have my Zoom yoga class shortly so all good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I got a new camera today. It will compliment my work kit but is intended for a personal project so has to be 4K. Heading to Limerick tomorrow to buy a really cool camera back pack. Mrs G coming with me. Maybe a spot of lunch too!

Nice bit of kit there, G! Just googled the price and was surprised that it isn't anywhere near as eye-watering as I'd have expected.

I presume it's the accessories that send the price skyrocketing though, right? 😁

Just home after a day at work that was just far too long. Time now to whip up some dinner...

That was eye watering for me thomil.😮 But seriously, 1450 including delivery was a great bargain. The prices keep dropping over the years as the specs get better. Ordered through my usual supplier in Germany. As I already have the accessories, it's a very affordable add on. I have her sister cam the XA11 buts she's only 1080. Solid cams from Canon. Great image, built in stabilization. Small and real work horses. I was always a Panasonic man. Tried Sony. Got Burnt so now I swear by Canon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Rented a car and went sightseeing. It’s still in the 30’s but with low humidity it was lovely.

Country has no rivers, but this is a wadi with a dam.

You’re preaching to the choir as far as Canon is concerned, I swear by my EOS M50 😁 Getting additional lenses for that thing though… 😬

And it's the glass that costs the real bucks thomil. I'm sure you know but us shooters call lenses glass. Old fashioned I am.

• Advertisement

@Witchie have you recovered from the match last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Just about!! Was a nerve-wracking first half but I was fairly confident we would pull it together. 😊

My parents and aunt and uncle have left for a day trip to Corfu but I am staying home to go hassle the electricity board to fix the pylon at my apartment and do some work today. Also going to meet a friend who has only arrived back from her travels so will be fun to catch up.

I know in theory, but I tend to forget, given that I still think in German sometimes, especially for niche topics, and have to translate to English in such cases 😉

Office-side, tired as f*! At least there's coffee! 🙂☕️

Morning all. Gotta traipse into town AGAIN today due to miscommunication over medication 😡

My old kit bag was showing its age so picked up a new one in Limerick today.

I must stop posting very uninteresting pics. Seems to stall the thread.😁

Having a few Wednesday night beers in the Kitchen. Girls are in bed. Finished a few hours at the tech desk and made my dinner. Garlic chicken, peas, onions, mushrooms and baby spuds. I may drop some sauce over it and line up a movie.

I know it's getting financially harder for people (I'm juggling buying work gear with day to day reality) but I've no choice as I more or less work for myself if you know what wet hire means. Gear investment is crucial. I've had two years from hell and I'm enjoying struggling my way out and back out of that hell. That said I can see the life fading out of friends that used to enjoy the Wednesday beers in an actual pub, then lockdown skype/facetime /zoom and now nothing. Absolutely nothing. Off the radar. I always try to be a glass half full person. It's getting harder to be like that for fear of offending people despite my own problems.

This post was brought to you from a temporarily happy and content chap.

Well I had a dramatic day. One of my fellow Irish here found a tiny puppy on its own on the street and called me. So I ended up cuddling it for hours waiting for the vet to check it instead of getting my work done.

It's now in my friend's place for the night getting syringe fed goats milk. We take it back to the vet tomorrow and are hoping to find it a more permanent home. It's only about 4 or 5 days old.

Grandeeod you don't need to apologise for anything.

I admire your tenacity to keep fighting when things seem sh1tty.

I've no interest or knowledge in your cameras but your enthusiasm for it and incorporating a hobby into work is exciting.

Witchie I hope the little doggy will be OK. Do you think he was just dumped or escaped?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside horizontal watching TV. About to head off to bed. 🛌

Goodnight all! 😴 🌛🌠

• Advertisement

Congrats on the new equipment and bag. Have you recovered from having to visit Limerick.

@Witchie are you going to become a dog owner? Little guy looks too adorable to give away.

How do they deal with street dogs, do they tag and vaccinate them like in Turkey?

Going to London for the night, 1st time staying there since pre-Covid.

No, I don't want that responsibility in my life. I am going to be travelling a good bit during the summer so it won't be possible.

There is a small charity here that does some vaccinations and neutering so hopefully they will help.

I doubt it escaped as it is too tiny to walk really and lots get abandoned.

Limerick city is a really vibrant place these days. Has an unfair rep I think

Just back from voting, having a cuppa then might vote again 😀

• Advertisement

Psych appointment then food shop and work, cycle of life blah blah

Cute pup and I hope it makes it.It's sad how anymore some can just discard them like that. And your very good to look out for it in the time being.

Good afterevening folks

Good evening from London, got here late so hit the first bar that I found, it’s a very vibrant gay bar 😂😂

I’d advise you not to wear your uniform 😉😄😄

• Advertisement

I'm.not the only one awake late.

Today marks the start of my summer. I have only one duvet on the bed tonight.

I'm usually shivering under the weight of two and the day the top one comes off always marks the start of my summer 😙

I've been freezing these last few days. Cuddle in beside me 😀

Lol, I hate to share a bed with anyone. Twin rooms should be mandatory 🙂

Forecast of lovely sunshine for the weekend might heat your old bones.

I really need to get a duvet 😯

I really don’t understand the concept of having a viewable bathroom in a hotel room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭wildwillow

That bathroom is daft. I presumed it was a mirror image at first. I think I would be running the hot tap to create some condensation!!

I only spoke to my friend about this last week.

Her hubby was away with work once and was sharing a twin room with a new young lad to the job.

The bathroom had a glass door.

It got very awkward when they needed to have a sit down on the jax 🙃

At least we got the comfy seats for the 6 hour trip back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement