Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say something bad about universally revered person?

Options

Comments

Jim Morrison the DOORS. Indecent exposure and drug abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Ditto Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho and I'm gussing a whole host of other top coaches.

Exactly. Most top sports people. With a few exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,873 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ditto Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho and I'm gussing a whole host of other top coaches.

They didn’t like loosing and all had their moments too but Klopp, hmmmm, I dunno what it is but there is something quite a bit unlikable..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,902 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Tony EH wrote: »
    Peter Sellers. Absolute wanker of the lowest kind who was a real twat everyone around him. A millionaire who left his kids fuck all too and they had to fight his last missus (also a twat) for a few bob for years after he kicked the bucket.

I thought everyone knew this. There's a great film made about him starring Geoffrey Rush which is worth a look.

Apparently Chevy Chase is/was one of the biggest **** in Hollywood.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭Treseemme.

You're leaving out sam allardyce and a host more

All arseholes of the abbasolutely highest order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

Treseemme. wrote: »
    Afaik he is renting out a place

How much is he charging?

George Lucas. Betrayal of Star Wars.

How much is he charging?

He rents the Aras where he resides

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭2018na

Mayo goalie David Clarke everyone saying lovely things about him today. Reality is he cost them at least one all Ireland

2018na wrote: »
    Mayo goalie David Clarke everyone saying lovely things about him today. Reality is he cost them at least one all Ireland

I think if you analysed 1-20 of the Mayo players who played in all ireland finals over the last 10 years they've made mistakes on the pitch. Robbie Hennelly in the 2016 replayed AI made the calamitous goal keeping errors.

Even Stephen Cluxton was responsible for Armagh knocking them out of the championship in 2003 when he got sent off for recklessly tripping a player.

How far do we go back? To U8?

• Advertisement

Jim Morrison the DOORS. Indecent exposure and drug abuse.

Evil Man

Arduach wrote: »
    Alex Ferguson was a much nicer man.

You either don't know anything about Alex Ferguson, or else you have a bad memory.

The man was much nastier and hardnosed than Klopp. When players were no longer useful he binned them as fast as he could.

This type of cut-throat attitude is sometimes what separates winners from losers.

But Fergie was a killer when he was a manager.

You either don't know anything about Alex Ferguson, or else you have a bad memory.

The man was much nastier and hardnosed than Klopp. When players were no longer useful he binned them as fast as he could.

This type of cut-throat attitude is sometimes what separates winners from losers.

But Fergie was a killer when he was a manager.

Sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭2018na

I think if you analysed 1-20 of the Mayo players who played in all ireland finals over the last 10 years they've made mistakes on the pitch. Robbie Hennelly in the 2016 replayed AI made the calamitous goal keeping errors.

Even Stephen Cluxton was responsible for Armagh knocking them out of the championship in 2003 when he got sent off for recklessly tripping a player.

How far do we go back? To U8?

Desperate junior b kick outs floating the ball up in the air. No place for this in inter county this past 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 12,237 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Greta Thunberg needs a slap and then putting on the bold step.

So advocating violence against a young woman just turned 18. Nice:(

I don't care if it's a prepubescent thread, if even that.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Strumms wrote: »
    I was a big fan of his Dortmund teams but the guy is a bad looser.

I’d have a lot of respect for his achievements in the game fair play but when things don’t go his way he’s ridiculously nasty and unsportsmanlike.. it’s a personality trait that seems to be getting more prevalent over time with him.. he seems to be alienating or attracting criticism from more quarters too both media and people inside the game like other managers.. appears the big stoopid insincere laugh and grin and comedy shoulder shrugs have been covering up a more acidic side.

He's a winner, total gentleman and a top class manager. It's competitive sport, not an environment to be best pals or chummy or suffer another inane question from a clueless reporter.

Liverpool are lucky to have him.

On the topic of football, could take or leave Bill O'Herlihey.

2018na wrote: »
    Desperate junior b kick outs floating the ball up in the air. No place for this in inter county this past 10 years

You can't blame him for being selected. Hennelly could kick out but was dodgy at goal keeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Robbie Keane. Yeah yeah we'd kill for him now but he was awful to watch most of the time and has the charisma of a bad rash.
    Mjolnir wrote: »
    Met him in an old job once was in a club I was working in, honestly a gent, said hello stood talking for ages till his mother and group called him away. No sense of self importance or do you know who I am about him seemed a genuinely nice guy.

don't spoil the thread ;)

Pele

Absolute spoofer

Faked all his goals

Arsehole of the highest order

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Alex Ferguson was a much nicer man.

It's fair to say the majority of football managers wouldn't be the nicest, the thing that annoys me about Klopp especially is this contrived"wacky" persona of his and the fawning over it that happens, at least there was none of that nonsense with Ferguson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Treseemme. wrote: »
    Pele

Absolute spoofer

Faked all his goals

Arsehole of the highest order

???????

• Registered Users Posts: 14 WhiteSpoofer

You don’t have much choice, he’s brown bread.

Collie D wrote: »
    ???????

????? j o. k. e

It's fair to say the majority of football managers wouldn't be the nicest, the thing that annoys me about Klopp especially is this contrived"wacky" persona of his and the fawning over it that happens, at least there was none of that nonsense with Ferguson.

Do you mind me asking who do you support?

The best of us will look that bit harder to find fault in a rival's 'main man'. It's particularly grating if they are popular and you feel, with no real proof, they are not what they portray.

And we overlook weaknesses in our own idols. Say Roy Keane in 2002. The right thing to do would be to represent his country. Like you could see Maradona playing on a bog for his beloved Argentina. But because Keane was a hero to so many, through Man U and Irish teams we made excuses for him. He wanted the highest standards etc etc. The truth is he probably just didn't want to be in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,873 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

He's a winner, total gentleman and a top class manager. It's competitive sport, not an environment to be best pals or chummy or suffer another inane question from a clueless reporter.

Liverpool are lucky to have him.

Ahhh I wouldn’t say ‘total’ gentleman but sure we can disagree. Dignity in victory and defeat is an admirable quality ;)

Bill I liked, a total pro, puppeteer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Ahhh I wouldn’t say ‘total’ gentleman but sure we can disagree. Dignity in victory and defeat is an admirable quality ;)

Bill I liked, a total pro, puppeteer.

Yes, but it's also a good sign that you care when you are salty after a game, if it's justified of course.

Bismarck and Winston Churchill

Single handedly destroyed most of europe during the prussian and second world wars

Sarcasm.

Apologies sir. I need to adjust my sarcasm-ometer. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,101 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

They didn’t like loosing and all had their moments too but Klopp, hmmmm, I dunno what it is but there is something quite a bit unlikable..

Liverpool.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

So advocating violence against a young woman just turned 18. Nice:(

I don't care if it's a prepubescent thread, if even that.

Ah here, leave it bleedin out. The poster is only having a laugh.

It was be the same as if he said it about Justin Bieber.

Advertisement