Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say something bad about universally revered person?

Options
  • 03-01-2021 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

Barack Obama

Was not the peaceful president he betrayed to be. Set the records for wars a US president was involved in and the amount of drone attacks in sovereign foreign nations, over 3,000 in his term

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Isn't it against the charter to say bad things about anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭badabing106

Probably not against the charter if it is true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,570 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Only if they are Travellers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Pope John Paul II

turned a blind eye to the child abuse scandal within the RC church, completely dismissed the promotion of women in the church, meddled in the politics of his homeland of Poland but condemn others clergy for doing same esp in South America...and he also believed in the physical existence of angels, he was in need of professional help methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

David Attenborough.

I think he has tarnished his reputation a bit over the last few years. Some of the scenes in the recent Netflix shows were misleading to link them to climate change. The Walrus scene in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Barack Obama

Was not the peaceful president he betrayed to be. Set the records for wars a US president was involved in and the amount of drone attacks in sovereign foreign nations, over 3,000 in his term

Bulls,hit ,it all fake news and lies I tell you. He was the best President America ever had.

Tom Hanks is the most overrated actor ever and so is leonardo di Caprio. The amount of films them two have ruined is criminal. They should both be in jail for sins against acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Mary Robinson.

Horrible person, completely different from the public persona.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Kermit The Frog. Total muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

AMKC wrote: »
    Bulls,hit ,it all fake news and lies I tell you. He was the best President America ever had.

Tom Hanks is the most overrated actor ever and so is leonardo di Caprio. The amount of films them two have ruined is criminal. They should both be in jail for sins against acting.

Is that why they won Oscars?

I'm not convinced that, in the end, Walter White really cared all that much about his family.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Greta Thunberg needs a slap and then putting on the bold step.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Thomas Cruise,

Unreal career. Loved his films over the years, but Scientology ehhh no.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,516 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

AMKC wrote: »

I think when you correctly frame his presidency by the fact that he was the best president of a war mongering state, it makes more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭badabing106

Meryl Streep
    A very good actress that gets nominated alot more than is weird

Underseveringly Won an Oscar for impersonating Margaret Thatcher

• Registered Users Posts: 18,516 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Bertie Ahern.

I know nobody wants to hear a bad word about him, but I think he knew the money was a bit dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

John Cleese, well past his sell by date and his Irish jokes belong in the 1950s, as he does with his brexiteer views

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Michael Parkinson.
    A thick Yorkshire gimp.
    A terrible interviewer with a very limited range.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭the14thwarrior

well I'm told I can be a bit arrogant at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

Princess Diana

Narcissist, self-absorbed & simpering idiot. Pukey, vomit breath. No wonder Charles kept Camilla on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,090 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Billy Connelly
    An unfunny Scotsman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Billy Connelly
    An unfunny Scotsman.

tenor.gif?itemid=14182169

• Registered Users Posts: 24,934 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ahh Billy was great...

I have a CD of him doing a show live at the Hammersmith Odeon from 1991 and its brilliant... just incredibly clever, witty, warm and energetic and hilarious... a real rapport between him and his audience...sounds like a guy loving what he’s doing and getting a real kick out of making people laugh, being on the edge of good taste, slightly offensive at times at least by today’s ‘standards’ but hilarious....

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Don't know about revered but I can't stand Lee Evans, find him incredibly unfunny and annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

God.

Vain, narcissistic, infantile and ultimate absentee father.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

God.

Vain, narcissistic, infantile and ultimate absentee father.

Have you been watching preacher? If so you forgot deviant ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭quokula

Barack Obama

The drone thing is oft-quoted, but overlooks the rather blatant reason for this is that armed drones didn't exist yet when his predecessor took power, and the drone capable of carrying heavy payloads didn't come into service until 2007 which was one year before Obama was elected, so of course there were more strikes under Obama than previous presidents, who had relied on older more conventional weapons. The US actually launched more drone strikes during Trump's first two years than Obama's whole 8 years in power, though it got reported far less because there were a hundred other dumpster fires going on at the same time with Trump.

Obama actually took steps to reform the drone program and brought in more transparency including a requirement that any civilian casualties must be made public, something which Trump rescinded in early 2019 so we just don't know how many more casualties there have been in the second two years of his presidency.

None of this is to excuse America's lethal approach to foreign policy under any of its presidents, but it's not really accurate to say that Obama escalated it. His administration did make efforts to broker peace, most notably with the Iran deal, and there were 90% fewer American soldiers in foreign wars at the end of his presidency than there were at that start of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Michael D Higgins, He's just a snobby old guy that comes out with a few poems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I’ve heard plenty of criticism of Barack Obama over the years, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,371 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

muhammad rapes and stones women. but its fine cos (some reason)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Mother Theresa was a con artist.

Advertisement