Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Put You Off Your Dinner

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Quandary

Wait. Is this a joke that went over my head or..?

Nope, no joke. I put in a claim and got €35,000 for my troubles so it was probably worth it.

More info here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057570397

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Quandary wrote: »
    Nope, no joke. I put in a claim and got €35,000 for my troubles so it was probably worth it.

More info here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057570397

Ah, slow brain day for me. :P

Aongus, when we go on our date am I going to need to get a bag of chips on the way home from the restaurant?

Ah I was going to offer to take him out for a kebab. :(

He'd love that, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Candie wrote: »
    Ah I was going to offer to take him out for a kebab. :(

He'd love that, really.

Zaytoon kebabs would win over anyone. God damn I want one right now.

EazyD wrote: »

Doner Kebabs, I know a great Turkish place. :P

What puts me off is vomit. Not just the presence or sight of it, the thought of vomit, the word as written, the thought of the smell, anything that reminds me of vomit.

I had to stop eating oatmeal in the mornings recently when someone said it looked like baby vomit. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

When someone with a clicky jaw is eating beside me it can put me right off. Couple that with heavy nasal breathing between chews and I'm out of my seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

EazyD wrote: »

Nobody does kebabs like the Germans, not even the turks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I've very nearly started crying when I couldn't remove myself from the vicinity of someone eating too loud, just as a pure physical reaction to the stress of it. I know that sounds ridiculous to people who don't know what misophonia is like, but it's like nails on a chalkboard or like someone's just poking me in the side over and over, it's not something that can be tuned out.

My girlfriend has misophonia too. I don't eat loudly, and I eat with my mouth closed, it still gets to her sometimes. Especially if I am eating popcorn :P There was a South Korean I studied with a couple of months back, and he ate incredibly loudly, like, it would be impossible for me to make such a racket while eathing, without slobbering all over myself. I think the louder the sound, the more he was able to show his enjoyment. Nice chap though.
    Nobody does kebabs like the Germans, not even the turks.

The German kebabs were originally German, just changed slightly for the different market. I have not been to a kebab shop that has not been Turkish. Not yet anyway.

The smell of vomit would turn me off my dinner, that and getting hit by a bus are about the only things that could keep me from my food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Iang87 wrote: »
    Why are you eating dolls

I always look forward to the first reply of a thread. They're always the best and I did laugh rather loud. Thanks for that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

God I HATE the noises that people make when they eat. It makes me so angry. I give out to my boyfriend sometimes and if I can't give out to someone, I stick my fingers in my ears to block out the sound.

Bananas and mushrooms put me off food too. The smell makes me want to throw up.

But the worst is when I'm having food and someone really smelly sits close to me. I have to stop eating because it's like I'm eating their smell. Unfortunately I know someone who absolutely stinks and he's always around when I'm eating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

KatW4 wrote: »
    God I HATE the noises that people make when they eat. It makes me so angry. I give out to my boyfriend sometimes and if I can't give out to someone, I stick my fingers in my ears to block out the sound.

Bananas and mushrooms put me off food too. The smell makes me want to throw up.

But the worst is when I'm having food and someone really smelly sits close to me. I have to stop eating because it's like I'm eating their smell. Unfortunately I know someone who absolutely stinks and he's always around when I'm eating.

10/10 for description. I'm in tears :pac: Couldn't put it better to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

10/10 for description. I'm in tears Couldn't put it better to be honest.

I'm nearly in tears when it happens!!!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Fags.

Advertisement