Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What really obvious thing have you only just realised?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

My dog probable didn't go to live on a farm

That is TRUE, he is there with my dog, Rashers. They chase rabbits all day and when they are done the farmer gives them a fresh bowl of warm milk straight from the milking parlour and they both enjoy an big meaty bone together at night!!

SupaCat95 wrote: »
    and they both enjoy an big meaty bone together at night!!

:eek:

I thought this was a Christian farm...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    If you cook scrambled egg on non-stock frying pan, it doesn't stick.
    Mind blown!
    Why the hell was I shown how to make scrambled eggs in a stainless steel pot?? I've always assumed there was a reason it needed to be on a pot, so have done it this way for the past 20(?) yrs. I've always meant to try/buy a non stick pot for this but never got round to it...

I don't want to blow your mind further, but you can cook scrambled eggs using plastic containers, in a microwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭cml387

Jackson Browne and James Taylor are different people.
    For some reason I have always attributed songs written by one to the other and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    After having watched Game of Thrones and being a fan of Lily Allen. I have only just found out that Alfie Allen who played Theon Greyjoy is Lily’s little brother and the subject of her song ‘Alfie’.

do you know her da?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

It took an nine year old thread to explain the second meaning of the chicken crossing the road joke to me. I'm 50.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Celmullet

The reason why theatre people say "break a leg" is that they want you in the "cast". I only found this out last week after four decades on this earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭cml387

Celmullet wrote: »
    The reason why theatre people say "break a leg" is that they want you in the "cast". I only found this out last week after four decades on this earth.

Someone is pulling your leg.

It's believed to be bad luck to wish someone well in the theatre. "Break a leg" is supposed to confuse the evil spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Feets

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    After having watched Game of Thrones and being a fan of Lily Allen. I have only just found out that Alfie Allen who played Theon Greyjoy is Lily’s little brother and the subject of her song ‘Alfie’.
    And both were stepkids of Harry Enfield and she was the inspo for his baby loulou sketches.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

cml387 wrote: »
    Someone is pulling your leg.

It's believed to be bad luck to wish someone well in the theatre. "Break a leg" is supposed to confuse the evil spirits.
    Especially if you are doing the Scottish play.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or you're wearing purple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Especially if you are doing the Scottish play.

The Crankies?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭thesandeman

The Crankies?

Trainspotting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭biddyearley

That politicians have no power.

Power rests with unelected mandarins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Celmullet wrote: »
    Did you know that golf stands for Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Yep. Like Camford.
    or Uxbridge...

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Did you know that golf stands for Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden

No it doesn't. Do you think the current 'woke' crazies would allow the word to continue if that were the case?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

That popular boards weatherman MT Cranium is a play on words - empty cranium i.e. no brains

Do you have Windows 10? Go to the Windows 10 search bar along the bottom of your screen and type "Pictui", and look closely..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Dunkirk is in France, I’d have bet my life it was in Scotland

• Advertisement

Picasso was alive and well when The Beatles broke up, and when Elton John released 'Rocketman'.

It has been over 40 years since Jimmy Carter finished his presidency term. He is still alive today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The Bond film Never Say Never Again is the one where Connery returned after saying he was finished with the films. I always said it as Never Say Never...Again but I just twigged it should be Never Say 'Never Again' ie Connery said he would 'never again' play Bond but they persuaded him to do it.

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Dunkirk is in France, I’d have bet my life it was in Scotland
    Ah Jaysus.

You must not have seen the film of the same name; well worth a look. You (probably) won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Ah Jaysus.

You must not have seen the film of the same name; well worth a look. You (probably) won't regret it.

I hear you're a tyrant now father, I thought you were a lamb

I hear you're a tyrant now father, I thought you were a lamb
    Needed to give off an "I care" vibe there for a while. Say nothin'.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Notre Dame University in America and the football club of the same name are based in Indiana. I'd have bet the house that it was in Boston, or at least Massachusetts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

South Bend Indiana to be exact.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I could never remember their names, so up to a few minutes ago I was convinced that Matthew Rhys (the actor from Brothers and Sisters) and Kerr Van Cleeve Smith (who was in Dawson's Creek) were the same person.

I know, I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I always thought Windsor Castle was in London . Found out lately its in Windsor of all places !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,351 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Credit available should ideally be a positive number.

Advertisement