Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

If it's not bad enough that the council are bribing the travellers in Tipperary to move into their luxury new free houses, the same travellers are currently involved in a court case to try to claim the land they were squatting on.

How they must be laughing at us idiot taxpayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Ah FFS

They will prob win that case too

Sometimes you've got to love The Sun.

Homeless Margaret Cash’s late mum Sadie left her ‘€100k’ in will – but she has to wait seven more years to collect it

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3719782/homeless-margaret-cash-mum-left-her-100k-will/

I know it’s The Sun an all but if we take this paragraph to be true
    My trustees in their discretion think fit without obligation to make payments to or for the benefit of my daughter and when she has attained the age of 35 years to pay the capital and accrued income to her for her own use and benefit.”

Does that mean the the trustees could have helped her out last year when she said she had nowhere to go so stayed in Tallaght Garda Stn?

Does that mean the the trustees could have helped her out last year when she said she had nowhere to go so stayed in Tallaght Garda Stn?

Or does it mean she has been getting money from them all along (on top of her generous taxpayer-funded salary)?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Gravelly wrote: »
    The same travellers are currently involved in a court case to try to claim the land they were squatting on.

Have you a link where I can read up on it more?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Rumours going around town and normally I don’t take notice to gossip like this but other families closely related to them are claiming this. that those houses in Thurles. they’ve reached an agreement €15k “disturbance money” to be provided to the travellers in Cabragh Bridge and 0.5 acres. No stables though. Former/resigned SF councillor David Doran is calling for the council to make the discussions public. He’s probably gagged by the Council no doubt

Wonder how much property taxes that was paid to the council by families in the area will be given to these travellers as disturbance money? Wonder if these families are happy where their property tax money is going.

I can tell you one thing though; if local councils are providing disturbance money in these situations, then there is a substantial amount of people around the country who should be getting it due to the "disturbance" inflicted on them by travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

How does an elderly Traveller woman have 130k odd to leave in her will!

Or does it mean she has been getting money from them all along (on top of her generous taxpayer-funded salary)?

It's makes sense when she's shopping for expensive couches and Vapormax Nikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

"The 28-year-old hit the headlines when she slept with her kids in a Garda station..."

Unfortunate choice of phrase there by The Sun.

Effects wrote: »
    Have you a link where I can read up on it more?

No, I heard it from someone living locally, but I believe, from memory, that one of the travellers themselves referred to it in one of the interviews they did during the whole rigmarole around Peter Casey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

jay0109 wrote: »

Don't worry. I'm sure the crack investigative team at RTE will examine it and subsequently report on its findings.

jay0109 wrote: »

You can bet your bottom dollar nobody in the media will ask that question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

I'm sure they could have -- but why would Margaret ask for money to be paid out of her inheritance? She plans to cry "homeless" so she can pressure the state to house her and her family for free. She's not going to put her hand in her own pocket if she can avoid it.

No, I heard it from someone living locally, but I believe, from memory, that one of the travellers themselves referred to it in one of the interviews they did during the whole rigmarole around Peter Casey.

No reporting of it online so I doubt there's any court case yet.
    I wouldn't put it past them though. Why give up that land if you didn't have to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

People should email or write to SDCC

Effects wrote: »
    No reporting of it online so I doubt there's any court case yet.
    I wouldn't put it past them though. Why give up that land if you didn't have to?

The only mention I could find of it with a quick google was this:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/horse-has-bolted-council-will-not-provide-stables-for-1-7m-traveller-homes-in-local-standoff-37398684.html
    At least 50 adults and children live in mobile homes and caravans across the road from the new housing development, and say members of their extended family have done so for decades. They have their horses living in stables and paddocks on land which is understood to be in private ownership with at least two or three different owners.

The families say the matter is currently with their solicitor and there has been speculation in the council that the families are hoping to claim "adverse possession", or squatters' rights, of the land they are using for their horses

Though I'm certain I remember one of the travellers themselves mentioning it at one stage.

The end of this RTÉ report says the travellers wouldn’t talk on camera as it was with the courts ????

The latest I've heard about the €1,000,000+ traveller house in Kerry is that the traveller family now don't want to move into it and want a house in the town instead.....

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

The end of this RTÉ report says the travellers wouldn’t talk on camera as it was with the courts ????

You couldn't make this up. My blood boils looking at those beautiful houses, undoubtedly A-rated but soon to be thrashed in all likelihood. How can any state hand out free multi-million euro homes with massive back gardens / mod-con's without wanting anything in return (e.g. labour/proof of work or rent etc.). This is a slap in the face of those of us who work and pay taxes for a living. The state must stand up to these entitled people

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

Presumably Margaret provided that €100K sum to TheSun? I don't think that was mentioned at all on Facebook.

Just when you thought the story of Margaret Cash couldn't possibly get any stranger! Why on earth would it be restricted to age 35 though? I could understand 21 or 25 for maturity reasons - that's fairly normal in trusts but 35 makes zero sense when you consider the average traveller only lives 45-50 years. Sadie herself died around 40 I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

pjohnson wrote:
    Who will ye be voting for?

Anybody who will end the pathetic tolerance of this traitorous carry on.

Unless the €100k refers only to the money in the trust fund, and Margaret has been left other monies that weren't in the trust fund....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Kivaro wrote: »
    Don't worry. I'm sure the crack investigative team at RTE will examine it and subsequently report on its findings.

Yep, it's right up Fillip Groucher-Haze's street! Possibly assisted by Kitty Holland a fearless, hard-nosed journalista who never shirks any opportunity to delve deeply into such fascinating topics and tell us what's really going on at the coalface.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Cash is king as they say......

Shocking what is allowed go on here.

I can't wait for the day something is actually done and a proper policy put in place.

Our tax is not been put to the best use in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

So even if you're only the beneficial owner of a trust e.g. it's being controlled by someone else like in Margaret's situation, it still has to be declared annually to the Welfare office! I wonder if she has been doing that or plans to try and pocket it tax free at 35.
    (e) Pension Funds, Trust funds etc. owned by the claimant.
    1. The value of a pension fund is only assessable for means when a person has access to the pension fund. The rules of a pension scheme will determine what and when benefits are payable from the scheme.
    2. Any benefits in the form of a regular payment or a lump sum payment will be assessed as means.
    3. Regular pension payments will be treated as income for means purposes. The value of any cash otherwise available from a pension fund will be assessed on the basis of the capital valuation of that fund.
    4. A claimant should supply the last Annual Benefit Statement provided by the trustees of the pension scheme to the Department. This will state the date that the benefits of the pension can be accrued.
    5. Similar to the above, the terms of the buy-out bond will determine what and when benefits are payable to the holder of the bond. A person should provide details of the bond to the Department in order to prove that they do not have access to any benefits.
    6. Note: If the claimant only has a life interest in the capital, the capital lump sum is not assessed as property, and any periodic payments received are assessed as cash income.
    7. Doubt arises at times as to whether the claimant has ownership of the funds or just a life interest, i.e. entitlement to periodic payments only. Enquiry as to whether any amount left at date of death reverts to his/her estate, or whether full title of any balance then passes to another (e.g. the fund holder) may clarify this point.
    http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Means-Assessment.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Do CAB take reports from members of the public or does one have to go to a cop shop first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Well I suppose Margaret "never said I was poor. I said I was homeless."

Funny how quickly she took down her post yesterday evening

I wonder where Sadie Cash got all this money to leave in her will ...

From working, duh

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Do CAB take reports from members of the public or does one have to go to a cop shop first?

Public . I would also email the social welfare and SDCC . i have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

They could ****ing pay the nurses instead of pandering to these these wastes of oxygen. They are just having a laugh now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

What age is she roughly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement