Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Don't have PS Plus so can't transfer to Online Storage...

Yeah, Sony really crapped the bed with how licences work on PS4, and is not being changed on PS5.

On Xbox it just works. Have a game on disc and if you later get a digital copy regardless of if it is a purchase, games with gold or game pass and it will load. None of this uninstalling a disc version to use a download copy rubbish.

Xbox just checks to see if either the console or the profile has a license for the game, if neither of them do it throws an error directing you to buy the game or to insert your disc.

Yeah, Sony really crapped the bed with how licences work on PS4, and is not being changed on PS5.

On Xbox it just works. Have a game on disc and if you later get a digital copy regardless of if it is a purchase, games with gold or game pass and it will load. None of this uninstalling a disc version to use a download copy rubbish.

Xbox just checks to see if either the console or the profile has a license for the game, if neither of them do it throws an error directing you to buy the game or to insert your disc.

Might just play from disc then so havent sold it yet.. Hopefully i can resume from where I left off then..

What a waste of 50GB download now though..

Might just play from disc then so havent sold it yet.. Hopefully i can resume from where I left off then..

What a waste of 50GB download now though..

You could just get a cheap ps+ trial to transfer your save.

I bought a PS4 Pro around Black Friday last year I think.. Still have the recipt but the power button seems to not be working at all I've rarely ever tried to use it..

Would I be fit to leave it back for a refund / replacement purchased from Argos?..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hi Guys, can anyone who traded in the PS4 to CEX let me know if they need that cheap headset thing that came with it?

Anyone used to the drop off sell service they have. Would you be waiting long for payment? The only controller I have now is red, console is obviously black, would they take issue with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭McFly85

Hi Guys, can anyone who traded in the PS4 to CEX let me know if they need that cheap headset thing that came with it?

Anyone used to the drop off sell service they have. Would you be waiting long for payment? The only controller I have now is red, console is obviously black, would they take issue with this?

Don’t think so, anyways they won’t outright reject it, it just might slightly alter the price. I forgot to bring the mini USB with it and they just took a euro off.

As for how long you have to wait, it really depends where you are. A couple of weeks ago the one off Henry Street was swamped so people were advised they’d be waiting days for testing, but the Westmorland street one was 3 hours. Probably best to ring ahead to get an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/28/introducing-the-new-playstation-app-redesigned-to-enhance-your-gaming-experiences-on-ps4-and-ps5/

Here’s a list of the key features:
    • Updated user interface – The first thing you’ll notice is the sleek new user interface of the redesigned PS App. The new home screen lets you quickly see what your friends are playing and access details about your recently played games, including your Trophy List.
    • Messages integration – For a unified experience, the PS Messages app feature will now be integrated in the updated PS App so you can seamlessly message your friends all in one place. As part of this integration, PS Messages will no longer be available as a standalone app. Your existing messages and threads in PS Messages will be carried over to the updated PS App.
    • Voice Chat and Party Groups – You can now create party groups from PS App, and voice chat with up to 15 other friends though your mobile phone. Also, a note to fans: the PlayStation team is looking into your feedback around the Parties changes introduced in the PS4 system software update 8.00. There are no updates to share today, but thanks for speaking up about your concerns – we’re listening and evaluating.
    • Natively integrated PlayStation Store and remote downloads – The new native PS Store experience enables fast and smooth shopping and browsing, with the ability to remotely download games and add-ons directly to your PS4 and PS5.
    • New features for PS5 – When PS5 arrives, you’ll be able to remotely launch games, manage storage on your console if you run out of space while downloading a game, and quickly sign in to PS5 straight from the PS App.
    • All the latest PlayStation news – The Explore tab surfaces Official News from game developers and PS Blog content to help you stay up to date with the world of PlayStation.

You can now request the adapter required to connect the PS4 camera to a PS5 for owners of a PSVR headset.

https://camera-adaptor.support.playstation.com/en-ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

You can now request the adapter required to connect the PS4 camera to a PS5 for owners of a PSVR headset.

Is it working for you? It's just stuck in a loop for me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Is it working for you? It's just stuck in a loop for me...

Same. Doesn't seem to believe my claims I'm not a robot!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,854 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Same. Doesn't seem to believe my claims I'm not a robot!

Let's test this to see. Read this line:
    The second sentence is false. The first sentence is true.

Seems to be working okay for me. Just need to enter the PSVR serial

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Let's test this to see. Read this line:
    The second sentence is false. The first sentence is true.

Seems to be working okay for me. Just need to enter the PSVR serial

It can still loop back to the captcha upon address entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Worked for me just now

It can still loop back to the captcha upon address entry.

Must have just been a bit overloaded at the start. Was able to order ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Anyone get an email with a 25% off voucher to use on PSN?

Runs out November 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Damien360

ERG89 wrote: »

Runs out November 12th.

No. Only got a PS5 advert from them "play has no limits"

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

ERG89 wrote: »

Runs out November 12th.

A lot of PS5 games are releasing the 12th so I wonder can we wait until then and use the 25% off on them. Would be a great saving. Can't be applied to pre-orders.

Hmmm... doesn't seem to like me.

"Oops! Something went wrong. Contact PlayStation Support by calling +353 169 17 379"

530990.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hmmm... doesn't seem to like me.

"Oops! Something went wrong. Contact PlayStation Support by calling +353 169 17 379"

530990.png

I got that yesterday but it worked just there.

• Advertisement

Out of curiosity, for those upgrading to PS5, what was the first game you played on PS4 and what is/will be the last?

For me, I think it was Styx Master of Shadows, as only had whatever games were in my Plus back catalogue to play when I got it. Didn't play for long though. First to completion was Arkham Knight. For last, Last of Us 2, so far(well a bit of Fall Guys but not counting that). May actually go back and play Styx now I think about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Out of curiosity, for those upgrading to PS5, what was the first game you played on PS4 and what is/will be the last?

For me, I think it was Styx Master of Shadows, as only had whatever games were in my Plus back catalogue to play when I got it. Didn't play for long though. First to completion was Arkham Knight. For last, Last of Us 2, so far(well a bit of Fall Guys but not counting that). May actually go back and play Styx now I think about it. :)

First was either Assassin's Creed Black Flag or Battlefield 4 and last is a tricky one. It'll be one of PES2021, TLOU2 (if I go back for the platinum trophy) or Lonely Mountains Downhill. It was to be Ghost of Tsushima but I stopped playing about four hours in to wait for the PS5 enhancements at 60FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

For me it was Battlefield 4 for starters and I'm finishing with Bloodborne. Working on an arcane build which I've not tried before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

1st was Battlefront 1 (got a ps4 star wars bundle with the Lego game and bunch of blu ray films). Playing through a few games at the mo, so one of these likely to be the last... Wreckfest, Little Hope, Crash 4, Saints Row 3 RM

First was Black Flag. The last will either be Destiny 2 or Shadow Complex(still need 1 trophy for the Platinum).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

First for me was AC Black Flag, absolutely incredible. I remember just perched up on a high ledge admiring the beauty of it. Last game was fallout 76. As controversial as that was, i was having an absolute blast with it and looking forward to continuing my playthrough on PS5.

My first screenshot from the PS4
    531409.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I got it with Second Son and I remember getting a wow factor on the graphics for that, particularly at the start where there was a lot of lakeside scenes.

Last game I played to completion was FF7 Remake. I only get an hour or two a week to play games so I was trying bits and pieces of Fall Guys and Tekken for a while there. That's not likely to change any time soon so in some aspects, the PS5 felt a bit like it'd be wasted on me but I'm hoping I'll find a few extra hours here and there for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

First game was Killzone Shadow Fall and last game I played was the latest dlc for Borderlands 3. Actually this is a good idea for a thread for does moving to next gen platforms.

What's the first game and last game you played for the PS4 or Xbox One and what was your first/last trophy or even platinum you earned

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

First was The Order 1886. Don't know what the last one will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

First for me was Watch Dogs :/ I bought my console in Argos and there was some sort of deal that let me get Watch Dogs for half price or something like that. Played about 2/3rds of the way through before giving up. I think the first digital game I bought was Pool Nation, I had FIFA 14 too. Had a few mates over shortly after buying it and we were there playing Pool Nation due to lack of options :o

Last game was Ghost of Tshushima which I loved for the first 15-20 hours (I think) but it got a bit repetitive once you get to the 3rd section. I had my PS4 up for sale while I was playing it, got a decent offer so sold it before finishing. Will go back to it once my PS5 lands though, especially as I haven't even pre-ordered any games for PS5, no launch games jumping out at me but I'll get something on the PSN store at launch I'm sure.

Advertisement