Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tried to top up my pay as you go online. Two error messages. No code given and money

Options
  • 27-10-2020 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭

So Electric Ireland? In these difficult financial days, why, all of a sudden after years of topping up online, have I had €35 of my money taken from my bank account and received no top up code? Two separate transactions of €25 and €10 since Sunday the 25th of October? Tomorrow morning my electricity will run out, I will have to forego food shopping costs this week and top up in a local shop at a further expense to me just to keep the show on the road. I have both screen grabs of the failed transactions with transaction code. You aren't answering the phone either.

Do you guys wish to comment? Do I have to phone Joe to get some resolution? Some of us are on strict budgets, due to a level five lockdown and out of work again and again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Grandeeod,

Sorry to read it.

Payzone, which hosts the Electric Ireland PAYG top-up payment system, has been experiencing system issues, resulting in them losing communication with Electric Ireland for completion of requests. As a result, the payment is being taken but the information is not being sent to Electric Ireland for release of the code. Payzone will automatically refund the payment ASAP - or if you contact Electric Ireland PAYG on 1850 372 372 (open until 8pm Monday to Saturday, excluding public holidays) to check whether they can search for the codes at this point. If not, Payzone can be contacted on info@payzone.ie or 01 2076000.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Hi Grandeeod,

Sorry to read it.

Payzone, which hosts the Electric Ireland PAYG top-up payment system, has been experiencing system issues, resulting in them losing communication with Electric Ireland for completion of requests. As a result, the payment is being taken but the information is not being sent to Electric Ireland for release of the code. Payzone will automatically refund the payment ASAP - or if you contact Electric Ireland PAYG on 1850 372 372 (open until 8pm Monday to Saturday, excluding public holidays) to check whether they can search for the codes at this point. If not, Payzone can be contacted on info@payzone.ie or 01 2076000.

Kind regards,
    Una

Cheers Una.

Advertisement