Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First games you'll buy/play on PS5?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

I expect Miles Morales and AC Valhalla will get me through to Christmas. FIFA will be purchased too for multiplayer, and Astro Bot definitely looks worth playing. I'll also pick up R&C when it comes out, I think it's a "launch window" release so I guess that's December or January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭McFly85

Definitely Cyberpunk. I’ll get Demons Souls and Miles Morales in December and I’m hoping those 3 will keep me going a fair way into 2021 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Going to chance downloading Cyberpunk to the PS4 preloading it and using my external HDD to get it onto the PS5.

Hopefully all that'll happen is a PS5 specific patch and it'll work so as I don't need to download it on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Okay, so current plan is Astro's Playroom, Demon's Souls, DMC5:SE, Cyberpunk, AC: Valhalla. That should get me through to January and a bit beyond.

Going to leave Miles Morales for a while. No particular reason, just doubt I'll have the time and probably pick it up cheaper later on. Godfall nearly made it onto th list but reviews are tepid to say the least and doesn't seem to be a lot of endgame content so I'll hold off, see what it's like further down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I bought Valhalla. For me it was a choice between Valhalla, Watch Dogs or Cold War. I figured that I enjoy longer games, open maps etc so Valhalla won on that front. I will get more enjoyment from it.

Missus was, like most people, wondering how I can justfiy the PS5 cost. I told her the PS4 has been out since 2013, bought it release day(or close to) so I think I've definitely gotten bang for buck from it. Said If I didn't have the PS4/5 then I'd be in the sitting room with her most evenings. She whole heartedly approved the PS5 purchase immediately. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭TinCanMan

I'll be honest, with the playstation plus collection I won't be buying any games immediately. There are some really tasty games in there that will keep me going but once there's a sale or a tempting price drop I'll definitely get Demon Souls. As for first game I'll play it may be Day's Gone which comes with the collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Did they say if any of the PS Plus collection games would be getting any sort of PS5 boost? A drop in loading times for some of them would be lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Did they say if any of the PS Plus collection games would be getting any sort of PS5 boost? A drop in loading times for some of them would be lovely

While it wouldn't be as fast as proper PS5 games, I'm pretty sure I've seen they'll still get faster load times if installed on the SSD. Also games like Days Gone and God of War are getting their own boosts to be optimised for PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

I think they do. Read Days Gone got an upgrade to graphics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

Nice write up here on on Demon's Souls, addressing concerns around graphics (and difficulty)
    https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/12/demons-souls-ps5-review-in-progress-prepare-to-die-again-13581444/

Quick loading times will be a real boon for the Souls series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Was hoping there would be some Overwatch/Apex Legends news for PS5 (and XBSX) users as release date comes up, but nothing so far :-/

Penn wrote: »
    Okay, so current plan is Astro's Playroom, Demon's Souls, DMC5:SE, Cyberpunk, AC: Valhalla. That should get me through to January and a bit beyond.

Going to leave Miles Morales for a while. No particular reason, just doubt I'll have the time and probably pick it up cheaper later on. Godfall nearly made it onto th list but reviews are tepid to say the least and doesn't seem to be a lot of endgame content so I'll hold off, see what it's like further down the road.

Actually, going to swap out AC Valhalla for Ghost of Tsushima, as I still haven't played it. Reviews of Valhalla are dampening my interest in it, even the positive reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Sounds mad but I'm not buying a game on the PS5 for a good while. More than enough on PS Plus to get though and Astro looks great too.

I sold my PS4 Pro over the summer and to be honest, a beefed up PS4 that doesn't want to lift off or sound like it wants to blow up is all I need.

Penn wrote: »
    Actually, going to swap out AC Valhalla for Ghost of Tsushima, as I still haven't played it. Reviews of Valhalla are dampening my interest in it, even the positive reviews.

Valhalla, and open world games aren't for everyone. My nephew plays the likes of Fifa and the idea of running around a game completing quests is completely alien to him.

This is why I chose Valhalla I prefer a long winded story with multiple stupid quests.

Like Fallout4 "I've to find my son right this second" "Wait, you need help with a settlement, my son can wait I guess"

Berty wrote: »
    Valhalla, and open world games aren't for everyone. My nephew plays the likes of Fifa and the idea of running around a game completing quests is completely alien to him.

This is why I chose Valhalla I prefer a long winded story with multiple stupid quests.

Like Fallout4 "I've to find my son right this second" "Wait, you need help with a settlement, my son can wait I guess"

I love open world games. Threw way too many hours into AC Odyssey and platinumed it. It's more the combat and skills in Valhalla that are kinda putting me off. Both feel like a huge step down from Odyssey going by most reviews, so I think at least with Ghost of Tsushima it's a completely different franchise and system so might as well try it out. Only reason I didn't get it after launch was I decided to keep it for PS5, I just keep forgetting about it :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭BurnUp78

Demon's Souls, Spiderman:Miles Morales and Sackboy are all on my list but with a combined price of 227 euro I may have to settle for just one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Berty wrote: »

Rockstar do good open world games, ubisoft don't

Ubisoft? Maybe some games but not all. I like Far Cry, The Divison(except their desire to sell too many add on maps) but the maps aren't exactly huge. I like the AC series of games and they definitely got better over the years. I liked Watch Dogs 2, came on a lot better than the first and I may buy Legion when it drops in price because it might flop.

Rockstar, yep good games but greedy bastards. Guy put up a video on Youtube about how much it would cost in real life to buy the ingame currency to buy all the good stuff and also calculated how long it would take to earn that money in the game. It's mental. They're just pushing people away from the game, making it a pay to play. Worst thing Rockstar did was invent a hover bike and delorean in GTA5 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Septic tank

Demons souls and Cold War are the first two I’ll play. Just had Cold War delivered from smyths, looked at the back of the box ‘285GB minimum’ - WTF??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I've already picked up MM and AC but really liking the look of Sackboy in recent reviews. The added local coop appeals aswell

• Advertisement
Advertisement