Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

pc7 wrote: »
    has to be a frape, it has to be!

They're constantly posting what they enjoy so I don't think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

This is the same girl who constantly posted about drinking, Monday clubs, Thursday clubs, mad nights out with her boyfriend Jack Daniels and then posts about how she went for her 12 week scan and her baby had no heartbeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

inforfun wrote: »
    I think that goes out of the window as soon as you set up a facebook account.

I mean from an employer. It is well known fact a lot of recruiters will check out your Facebook site. I have nothing extreme on mine that would impair my chances recruitment wise but aspects like drunken photos, comments etc may be , rightly or wrongly, taken into equation in a recruitment process with a large number of candidates. When I was leaving university the amount of friends on my FB who were of similar age altering their name or translating it to Irish was very large.

My point is that a lot of these name changes, translations as gaeilge , anagrams of names are constructed with this in light. I'm sure there are those who think its a bit funny of course, like you said, no doubt. But their are other reasons!

Also those with a business themselves or some official post may seek to keep their personal life out of the spectrum of clients, customers, the public at large whilst still retaining the convenience of Facebook.

When a girl tags her boyfriend for putting a sneaky finger in her ass. Do people realise other people can see this?

Surely you didn't believe this was anything but a very low humoured frame! ! Come on!

And if not they are bloody wierdos! By all means practice, just don't preach!

It doesn't work if you once had your normal name on it.

A lot of these peoples facebook username (the one that's in the URL of your profile) is their normal name anyways which is searchable.

Actually there is a way around that. I think you suspend your account, request an official name change off Facebook, rather than manual and your old url is deleted but you maintain your name. Im not sure how it applies to emails but most people don't use their professional email for their Facebook account

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

"So apparently they don't like you masturbating on an airplane...... 7 days 'til court :("

"So apparently they don't like you masturbating on an airplane...... 7 days 'til court :("

That's only a bit of light childish humour! I wouldn't post it myself but wouldn't be offended nor irritated by it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

This is the same girl who constantly posted about drinking, Monday clubs, Thursday clubs, mad nights out with her boyfriend Jack Daniels and then posts about how she went for her 12 week scan and her baby had no heartbeat.

F%CK, that escalated quickly, I was waiting for a duck face ending or something. :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I think he got the wrong idea about EasyJet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I think he got the wrong idea about EasyJet.

Ladies prefer Aer Lingus.

When was it that they removed the 'Cuni-' part from the name, anyway?

• Advertisement

That's only a bit of light childish humour! I wouldn't post it myself but wouldn't be offended nor irritated by it!

I'm neither irritated or offended by it.

Do you have to be to post it here?

What's with the !!!!! ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

What's with the !!!!! ?

Welcome to after hours. You must be new here.

What's with the !!!!! ?

I never said you were. I just thought that maybe you thought it was a bit annoying. The tone of the thread however has been of types of statuses that bug people. Bad insinuation I guess and I apologise.

I'm not sure what's with the !!!!!....perhaps get on to the person who put up the !!!!! Rather than me....

I never said you were. The tone of the thread however has been of types of statuses that bug people..

Dumb/Great Facebook Status is the name of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Dumb/Great Facebook Status is the name of the thread.

You must have been looking for the Mediocre Facebook Joke thread. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

You must have been looking for the Mediocre Facebook Joke thread. :pac::pac:

What's with the :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

osarusan wrote: »

They're Pacmen I thinks. Or Pacmans? They were supposed to signify that I'm just messing and I don't want no trouble.

"For you men who think a woman’s place is in the kitchen, remember.. that’s where the knives are kept."

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It means that he laughs in your face and intends to kill you. :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

He's farting in your general direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

I hate this type of status:
    Come on ladies, the challenge is on!
    If you have a man in your life, who helps bring balance to your world, who isn't perfect, but he's perfect for you, who works hard, and would do anything for you, who makes you laugh, but drives you crazy, who is your best friend,and sometimes your only friend, who you want to grow old with, who you are thankful for, and truly adore, let him have a moment, and put this as your status. copy and paste status and add a picture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Tetra wrote: »
    I hate this type of status:

I know when my girlfriend copies and pastes a status it makes me feel so much more appreciated. I can think of no other action that makes me feel quite so valued as copying and pasting Facebook spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭ofcork

I THINK IT,S TIME EIRE FOLLOWS BRITAIN,S LEAD AND LEAVES THE EU.****ING SICK OF BEING TOLD WHAT TOO DO IN OUR COUNTRY.WHY ARE ALL THESE INSTITUTION,S BASED IN BRUSSELS,FRANCE,GERMANY, AND EVERYWHERE ACCEPT IRELAND.LETS HAVE A REFERENDUM ON OUR CONTINUED MEMBERSHIP OF THE EU.THE EURO IS WORTH **** ALL TOO ME PERSONALLY;SO SHOVE YOUR EUROPEAN COURT RULING,S AND YOUR FARMER,S GRANTS & YOUR EUROPEAN JUNKET,S UP YOUR J BOX.WONT AND NEVER WILL PAY FOR WATER,JUST LIKE I WONT PAY FOR A PINT FOR ENDA KENNY,OR A FACELIFT FOR JOAN BURTON.I DONT CONSIDER BEGIN A EUROPEAN CITIZEN SOMETHING TOO BE OVERJOYED ABOUT!!! IM IRISH AND PROUD.!!!!

Just saw this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

A chap commented on some Rihanna post saying he "wants to lick her feet so bad"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Robsweezie wrote: »
    A chap commented on some Rihanna post saying he "wants to lick her feet so bad"

After hearing her "work work work work work" song, I want to kick her in the teeth. :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

ofcork wrote: »
    JUNKET,S UP YOUR J BOX.WONT AND NEVER WILL PAY FOR WATER,JUST LIKE I WONT PAY FOR A PINT FOR ENDA KENNY,OR A FACELIFT FOR JOAN BURTON.

Just saw this!

I can guess what a J box is, but what does it stand for? Did lol at a pint for enda and Joan's facelift.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

ofcork wrote: »
    I THINK IT,S TIME EIRE FOLLOWS BRITAIN,S LEAD AND LEAVES THE EU.****ING SICK OF BEING TOLD WHAT TOO DO IN OUR COUNTRY.WHY ARE ALL THESE INSTITUTION,S BASED IN BRUSSELS,FRANCE,GERMANY, AND EVERYWHERE ACCEPT IRELAND.LETS HAVE A REFERENDUM ON OUR CONTINUED MEMBERSHIP OF THE EU.THE EURO IS WORTH **** ALL TOO ME PERSONALLY;SO SHOVE YOUR EUROPEAN COURT RULING,S AND YOUR FARMER,S GRANTS & YOUR EUROPEAN JUNKET,S UP YOUR J BOX.WONT AND NEVER WILL PAY FOR WATER,JUST LIKE I WONT PAY FOR A PINT FOR ENDA KENNY,OR A FACELIFT FOR JOAN BURTON.I DONT CONSIDER BEGIN A EUROPEAN CITIZEN SOMETHING TOO BE OVERJOYED ABOUT!!! IM IRISH AND PROUD.!!!!

Just saw this!
    Seems a pretty reasonable post to me, don't see what's crazy about being against the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Lisa* checked into The Coombe Women's Maternity Hospital.

"Back in dis kip again nother op Ive had my fill of this kip now swear down."

"Oh love whats it this time?"

"yalri hunny?"

"Feel better soon girlo."

"Whats wrong with you hun??"

OP: "pm ya der"

"My sister had the same prob hun and they gave her an abbaltion and her periods were much liter. nothing to be embarrassed about. Not like the time i was in debenams and got me flowers trying on shoes now wasnt that embarrassin. Ran out the door as fast as me legs would carry me. but yours is medical so its different."

OP: "michelle*will u take that post down im after pming ya an ppl so like no need to be telling everyone wats wrong wit me ffs"

Michelle* takes post down.

*Not real names.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

What's an abbalation??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Lisha wrote: »
    What's an abbalation??
    I shudder to think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement