Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor pay as you go Unlimited data for €10

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

O2 got the same carry on... Their unlimited Internet is temporary. None of them are keeping them going, like Three are.

Three also won't confirm that they're keeping AYCE from July onwards as it's also an offer with an expiry date.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057135371

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

As pointed out already TM are 5GB for €10 and its not a couple of months gimmick. Plus they are €1/GB on their PAYG broadband with the €15/15GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rightman

If I use eircom's account number for emobile offer will this associate me personally with the actual eircom account?
    I'm just thinking what kind of effect it might have and if I can let's say put in completely different name, address etc. for the mobile plan? And keep it independent from the actual eircom service (also paid separately).

Does anyone have any experience in buying a plan from emobile based on a friend's eircom account?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

O2 got the same carry on... Their unlimited Internet is temporary. None of them are keeping them going, like Three are.

Tesco???

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

see below

Is this one not cheaper at only €24 per month on a 30 day sim only plan and its 4G
    I am sure if you know someone with an Eircom account that you could sign up via their account number as all it asks for is your account number and phone number when applying online

Yeah can you do that do you know?
    I know nobody in my family or friends with them. God be with days when we were all eircom and there was no competition!

• Advertisement

Miike wrote: »
    I expected that also. All of the previous offers have had end-dates.

Be nice if someone can actually check this out.

I was talking to a meteor rep yesterday on the phone. He said that if I signed up now so mid month then you would get the limited unlimited data up until the 1st of May and then you get 1gb for all of May and the months after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Tesco have a contract going using the O2 platform that will change things when this Three/O2 takeover happens.

Part of the deal will require O2 to shift some assets (such as Tesco Mobile), so it might lead to the network being moved, which could lead to a limit/removal of data limits. It is not set in stone, but we can anticipate a sale of the Tesco Mobile license, either to another network, or in another capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Whats peoples opinion of the meteor network when it comes to mobile internet. I'm with Three and they were great to begin with but have become utterly appalling of late with a terrible connection. Would meteor be much the same or would it be worth switching?

kendragon wrote: »
    Whats peoples opinion of the meteor network when it comes to mobile internet. I'm with Three and they were great to begin with but have become utterly appalling of late with a terrible connection. Would meteor be much the same or would it be worth switching?

I would say that this is entirely based on where you live, commute to, bad work and the towers around you.
    I have an 02 work phone that has connection on par with Meteor (since I have started to speedtest) which is generally 1-4mb in rural north Kk.
    I have noticed that the type of phone is a big influence too. When testing on a nexus 4 and galaxy S3 and Moto get, the moto g was fastest with all on o2.
    People on here will tell you to get a sim and try it out in your area which is a great idea but the likes of Vodafone charge 20 euro to just get a sim. I got a free Tesco mobile sim to try out and is one of the reasons that I may switch to them having tested a cheap data bundle in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭magicman88

I'm on three pay 20 euro a month get unlimited internet free three to three calls free any network texts and free calls to any network at the weekend and stil have 20 euro credit to spend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I rang up and cancelled my 30 day sim only plan with meteor. I had planned on switching to ready to go and getting the 7.5GB of data. Is there definitely an expiry day on this offer? It's ridiculous if so, all my friends and family have gotten countless texts and emails and all that for an offer that's only going to last 2-3 months? Seems like a waste of time on Meteor's part.

I'll be annoyed after wasting my time on the phone to customer service for this waste of a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Spoke with a meteor rep today and I was told that sign ups to that data add-on will end on the date specified.

However once you have signed up you will have unlimited data 'forever' or until you decide to opt out of that offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Not so according to the terms and conditions:
    The ”Meteor Prepay Unlimited Add On” will expire in its entirety on August 31st 2014, at which stage the allowance contained within the bundle will revert to 1GB.

http://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/meteor-prepay-unlimited-add-on-feb-2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Currys in Sligo have a number of Meteor USB Modems in the bargin bins for a fiver and 50% discount thats 2.50

Might be a cheap broadband option.

Nor sure what make the modems were except they were bright pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

Meteor pay as you go Unlimited data for €10

Do you still have the €10 to spend on Meteor PAYG calls and texts, or does that just cover the data cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Tony H

Does anyone know if you can purchase an additional unlimited add on if you use the first one before the 30 days are up ?
    Thanks

dingding wrote: »
    Currys in Sligo have a number of Meteor USB Modems in the bargin bins for a fiver and 50% discount thats 2.50

Might be a cheap broadband option.

Nor sure what make the modems were except they were bright pink.
    I think this offer only applies to phone SIMS and not data one's.

Bobby42 wrote: »

My reading on the offer from the above is that it is an automatically renewing bundle every 30 days of 7.5GB until the end of August after which it reverts to being an automatic 1GB bundle. So its not available 'for life'.

Pretty crap really. TM did a 15GB of free data and 5000 texts offer with a €25 top-up last year. If you only topped up by €25 only once during the offer period, as I did, you do actually have it for life on your number as long as you do not move to another network or opt into another plan.

Tony H wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can purchase an additional unlimited add on if you use the first one before the 30 days are up ?
    Thanks

Its a automatically recurring add-on so there is no possibility of getting another bundle in the 30 day period is my reading of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Tony H wrote: »
    Thanks

I know that you could purchase an additional 1GB add-on before this 7.5GB offer arrived, by cancelling the monthly subscription and signing up again, so I'm 99% sure this will work exactly the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement