Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor pay as you go Unlimited data for €10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

It's really only 7.5GB of data, but it's still more than the 1GB of data they gave you for €10 previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

i'm with 3 and usually top up by 20 month for unlimited data but might switch to this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

im on €20 per month bill pay no contract and only get 1GB of data so Im switching back to PAYG for this offer. I use more data than the free calls or texts so I think its a great offer. When I rang to give 30 days notice on bill pay they didnt everything they could to keep me on bill pay offering me more minutes etc.. but its the data im after. I skype alot using my phone and find 1GB runs out in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I currently have the 250talkandtext offer which for €20 every 30 days gives me

Free Meteor to Meteor calls & texts
    +
    Free Any Network texts
    +
    250MB internet

and you keep your €20 phone credit to spend

I have confirmed with Meteor if I were to add this unlimited deal to my account that its possible to have both deals run alongside each other so from the €20 credit I have €10 of it will go towards this deal each month leaving me with €10 to spend on other calls if needed

not a bad deal at all for €20 total per month

It might not be worth changing your network/plan over. It's a special offer that ends in two months (31st May).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Absoluvely wrote: »
    It's a special offer that ends in two months (31st May).

Ooh. Meteor marketing dept are cursing your eagle eye

Also the use of 'unlimited' is getting more and more strained. 7.5Gb is the lowest limit definition I've seen yet of 'unlimited'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

It might not be worth changing your network/plan over. It's a special offer that ends in two months (31st May).

Nothing gets past you

where did you see that? I asked in Meteor shop how long this was lasting and he told me there was no end date on it so it may go on a good while

fifib wrote: »
    where did you see that? I asked in Meteor shop how long this was lasting and he told me there was no end date on it so it may go on a good while

It's in small, grey print on the linked webpage.

"Offer ends 31st May 2014. Fair usage allowance of 7.5GB monthly applies."

It's in small, grey print on the linked webpage.

"Offer ends 31st May 2014. Fair usage allowance of 7.5GB monthly applies."

Ok thanks. that wasnt there about 2 weeks ago when I first spotted the offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

fifib wrote: »
    im on €20 per month bill pay no contract and only get 1GB of data so Im switching back to PAYG for this offer. I use more data than the free calls or texts so I think its a great offer. When I rang to give 30 days notice on bill pay they didnt everything they could to keep me on bill pay offering me more minutes etc.. but its the data im after. I skype alot using my phone and find 1GB runs out in no time!

I was on this plan til I switched to 3

Unlimited data (FUP of 15gb), 350 flexi units (2 texts or 1 min of call) for €20.xx a month. Pretty happy with it, rolling contract so can leave whenever I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Unlimited, except there's a limit? How can they get away with this, I get that 7.5GB is a lot compared to other providers, but it's still not huge...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

If youre an eircom customer, you can get 45000 minutes, 10000 texts and 5gb of (4g) date for €25 per month, on a sim only plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

20 per month on 3pay gets you Unlimited Data (15GB fair usage), free any network texts (3000 fair usage per month), free any network weekend calls (again 3000 fair usage pm), free 3-3 calls and you get to keep your 20 euro to use too.

antodeco wrote: »
    If youre an eircom customer, you can get 45000 minutes, 10000 texts and 5gb of (4g) date for €25 per month, on a sim only plan.
    where is this available?
    January wrote: »
    20 per month on 3pay gets you Unlimited Data (15GB fair usage), free any network texts (3000 fair usage per month), free any network weekend calls (again 3000 fair usage pm), free 3-3 calls and you get to keep your 20 euro to use too.
    All well and good until you try to make a call on the poor network that 3 use. I cant call my sister for example if she is inside her house as the coverage is so poor. All other networks are perfect and we live in a large town that should have decent coverge

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I switched from Meteor to 3 last year due to the unlimited data €20 top up but it has been a nightmare some days. The network crashes at the moment it is stuck on E, I may switch back to Meteor when my credit has run out, thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

where is this available?

emobile online, am currently on this plan & would recommend it,
    moved from Vodafone (500 Mb limit) to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

groom wrote: »
    Ooh. Meteor marketing dept are cursing your eagle eye

Also the use of 'unlimited' is getting more and more strained. 7.5Gb is the lowest limit definition I've seen yet of 'unlimited'

I made a complaint to the ASAI over this unlimited branding. It is clearly limited. Not that I would go over the 7.5gb but it still grinds my gears. I did a review of the offerings on all the carriers yesterday and it seems that Tesco is one of the best value for standard 3-3.5G mobile connections. They offer 25 quid pay as you go for unlimited calls and 5gb data.

I'm holding out signing up to bills until the 4G network settle down and competition heats up.

I made a complaint to the ASAI over this unlimited branding. It is clearly limited. Not that I would go over the 7.5gb but it still grinds my gears. I did a review of the offerings on all the carriers yesterday and it seems that Tesco is one of the best value for standard 3-3.5G mobile connections. They offer 25 quid pay as you go for unlimited calls and 5gb data.

I'm holding out signing up to bills until the 4G network settle down and competition heats up.

see below
    antodeco wrote: »
    Is this one not cheaper at only €24 per month on a 30 day sim only plan and its 4G
    I am sure if you know someone with an Eircom account that you could sign up via their account number as all it asks for is your account number and phone number when applying online

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Does the "special offer ends at the end of May" not mean that the ability to sign up for it end in May?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Soarer wrote: »
    Does the "special offer ends at the end of May" not mean that the ability to sign up for it end in May?

I expected that also. All of the previous offers have had end-dates.

Be nice if someone can actually check this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Does the term 'unlimited' have actually any meaning anymore? I can understand fair usage limits so as not to be abused by commercial organisations but this is taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Fair usage is a term that they give to stop people acting the idiot and running servers, downloading box sets, and generally being a bit of a fecker. They're a threatening point.

Three's FUP: 15GB (people who have gone over this have not necessarily experience service cancellation, but slowdowns, and this hasn't happened in all cases)

Meteor FUP: 7.5GB (you'll look at a slowdown on data speeds, and probably a reverting to the €1 per day charges)

It is similar on most networks. It is good to look at the fine print, but on 'unlimited plans' you can expect some form of threat. UPC now have 'unlimited' plans, and they are limited once you're hitting several TB (terabytes) per month, and that's not even happened yet. It is just there to stop people acting foolish.

Remember, you're sharing the network with other users. In your 'cell', there are others doing the same thing as you. Would it be fair for you to stop their services working because you're going hell for leather with downloads? It is there so that they can tell you to cop on, if needs be. All networks are different, remember.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭toxicloan365

it seems that Tesco is one of the best value for standard 3-3.5G mobile connections. They offer 25 quid pay as you go for unlimited calls and 5gb data.

For a €15 topup with Tesco Mobile you can get Unlimited Calls, a 5GB data add-on and €5 euro left over for SMS and International calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Turn the radio on

Well at least its better than the pathetic offer Vodafone had a year ago of 150mb free data for 25€.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

Actually, Meteor have TWO Unlimited FUP settings

15 GB for billpay
    7.5 GB for PAYG

That's taking the piddle IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daredevil360

Got a text off Vodaphone earlier today 1GB of data for 15 yoyo's!. Thats not great compared to other networks .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Got a text off Vodaphone earlier today 1GB of data for 15 yoyo's!

hahahahahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Just read on the meteor forum that your data allowance goes back to 1GB in August.

Not much of an offer really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

O2 got the same carry on... Their unlimited Internet is temporary. None of them are keeping them going, like Three are.

Advertisement