15-12-2013, 20:59   #16
StickyIcky

They also have a facebook page here.

Everyone needs to register on their website and like their facebook page! Lets get the numbers of this thing into the hundreds of thousands and become and unstoppable force.
Advertisement
15-12-2013, 21:04   #17
wingnut32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dePeatrick View Post
I took it that the concept...if it is a concept, is that it was driven by vapers, not by companies.....seems to be very company friendly to me tbh....an army of PR people, accountants, solicitors......
It will be driven by everyone, elections will soon take place for the board, the people that will pick the fights. It doesn't matter who you are when those elections take place. Membership to far is 75/25 vapers/vendors.
15-12-2013, 21:06   #18
wingnut32

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyIcky View Post
They also have a facebook page here.

Everyone needs to register on their website and like their facebook page! Lets get the numbers of this thing into the hundreds of thousands and become and unstoppable force.
Well said Simon.
15-12-2013, 21:14   #19
dePeatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut32 View Post
It will be driven by everyone, elections will soon take place for the board, the people that will pick the fights. It doesn't matter who you are when those elections take place. Membership to far is 75/25 vapers/vendors.
So for every three vapers there is one vendor......seems very vendor driven to me...and not to forget click that button and give a euro to a "non profit org" where have we heard that before? And why just one vendor pushing this....where is bestshop, Vaperus etc.....???
15-12-2013, 21:18   #20

Think I saw most of the Irish sites on the list. Got a few emails today as well from a number of them.
Advertisement
15-12-2013, 21:21   #21
wingnut32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dePeatrick View Post
So for every three vapers there is one vendor......seems very vendor driven to me...and not to forget click that button and give a euro to a "non profit org" where have we heard that before? And why just one vendor pushing this....where is bestshop, Vaperus etc.....???
dePeatrick have you read the site in the link I gave you..the full list of founding members is there including the best shop. To be honest I dont think you have heard it anywhere here in Ireland, why, because nothing has been done in Ireland before. There is no Vendors association or Consumers association here, sure there are great people who are in contact with MEP's who do great work but its fragmented. We are 5 years behind the UK, Vapers here have been calling for something like this for a long time now and guess what..its a start. And if we dont have a start we are nowhere.
(2) thanks from:
15-12-2013, 21:35   #22
dePeatrick

I can't see any list of founding members, would you care to put it up here on Boards so we can all take a look at it?
15-12-2013, 21:48   #23
wingnut32

No Problem :

There is a couple more to be added to the list but this is the core,

House Of Liquid UK / Vendor
Concept Liquids / Vendor
House Of Mods / Vendor
T- Juice / Vendor
Worm N Proton / Reviewers
Romastino / Reviewer
Smoke For Fun / Vendor
Vapoclope / Vendor
Vapologue / Reviewer
House Of Liquid Germany / Vendor
Julio Ruades Esteban / Reviewer
Todo Vapor / Vendor
House Of Liquid Spain / Vendor
ezSmoke.ie / Vendor
Vaporium - The Ploom Room / Vendor
The Best Shop / Vendor
Stefan Ludwig / Vaper
Andrew Watchorn / Reviewer
e-Smoke Ireland / Vendor
House Of Liquid Ireland / Vendor
Ecirette Solutions / Vendor
Vaporium / Vendor
Vapourpal / Vendor
House Of Liquid Morocco / Vendor
Sweet Point SARL / Vendor
House Of Liquid Italia / Vendor
New Cigarette / Vendor
LTD Trent / Vendor
Atomo Sales / Vendor
Dogaru Moiara Mirela
DKS e-liquid
Gewre / Reviewer
SmartSmoke / Vendor
Atmokipos / Vendor
Vaporsolutions.gr / Vendor
Ellanios / Vaper
Dr Anti-Smoke / Vendor
Kyr Fanis / Vendor
Mpixlimpidi / Vendor
ReplaceSmoke / Vendor
Hlektroniko Tsigaro Katerini / Vendor
Greek Vapes / Vendor
NicQuid E-Liquids Europe / Vendor
Vapeclub / Vendor
iPath / Vendor
Ellines Atmistes / YouTube Channel
Tobaccoland.gr / Vendor
Vape Store / Vendor
El Toro Hellas / Vendor
House Of Liquid Greece / Vendor
Vapeland.gr / Vendor
House Of Liquid Australia / Vendor
Ecig Life / Vendor
Hause Of Vapers / Vendor
House Of Liquid Philippines / Vendor
House Of Liquid Malaysia / Vendor
Thirsty Vapors / Vendor
SecondHand Vapor / Reviewer
House of Liquid Russia / Vendor
Marko Lepisto / Forum
15-12-2013, 21:53   #24
dePeatrick

Thank you, as you can see, this new organisation is based on vendors.....fair enough....but I am not at all happy with you saying it is vaper driven, it is not, it is vendor driven....and rushing towards paying PR machines, accountants and solicitors......where have we seen this all before?
Advertisement
15-12-2013, 21:59   #25
wingnut32

Im sorry you feel that way, you dont have to donate or even sign up. In fairness when it comes to legal issues etc. people have to be paid thats just the way the world works. The fight we are fighting is against people with lots of money! And again you will have not seen anyone in Ireland asking for a penny vaping related before

Cheers

Paul.
15-12-2013, 22:35   #26
wingnut32

I have to put this laptop down now as my eyes are watering after 11 hours..lol. I just wanted to say a big thanks to all the vapers who have signed up and donated it really has been incredible.

Im sure some have you have gotten comments from people about how ecigs are worse than cigarettes, and that they are bad for you etc. These comments have come from people that have been misinformed by bogus articles/reports in the media. This organisation is going to stop the bogus brown envelope media crap and hold people accountable for what they say through the media. We have a voice and it will be heard.

This country has had nothing like this before and with your help we will put Ireland on the map, defend your right for a healthy alternative.
(4) thanks from:
15-12-2013, 22:52   #27
achieve

As a vendor, I don't normally post here, but do pop in for a look every now again. The WVO is setup to represent all vapers. The easiest way to get the word out was by using the vendors. The board as of yet has to be elected, and although I think that vendor participation is important, the WVO will ONLY work if there is huge support from vapers, and I would be very surprised if vapers do not have a major role to play in the WVO. It will not succeed without the support of the vaping public.
16-12-2013, 00:16   #28
tommy2bad

OK. This is a good idea. An org to represent vapers is needed and vapers are in no way going to do this off their own backs until it's too late. The problem is it's vendor start point, talk about astro truff allegations? this plays right into their hands. Unfortuniatly it will be tainted by any connection to a vested interest.

None the less a large movement is needed to give a voice to users, a proper voice not just twitter or facebook groups.
One that has some PR muscle, some legal acumen and some public health credibility. I can't see how this could happen any other way.
If the TPD goes through as it's currently rumored to be then any vendor support will make this organisational illegal, we have a clear and present danger so the rush is understandable. This needs to be up and running as proposed as soon as possible.
I'v signed up and will make a donation when its up and running. I wish (and I'm sure the founders do too ) that this had happened spontaneously from the grassroots but nothing ever dose so lets thank who ever actually did make the first move. Lets get behind this because we will need all hands on deck to fight our case in the next 12 to 18 months.

As to having concerns about the money, as long as a clear account is kept and published we should be ok. I say should as donations have taken a bit of a beating recently, don't let that put you off either from supporting this (or any other charity) if you like wait and see how you feel when it going. But sign up now!
Lets be Big Juice, or Big eCig, or Big Whatever the Daily Mail call us.

The anti ecig ban campaigns slogan is Nothing about us, without us, this is where 'us' get a say!
16-12-2013, 00:16   #29
colly10

I can't understand the issue with there being a large number of vendors involved. We all have a lot to loose but they stand to loose the most so it makes sense that they would make up a good percentage of the numbers.

I would image that they are likely to be providing most of the funding and the more funding the better for us because their interests are our interests.

What's wrong with positive PR and legal representation, this is what the vaping world needs, currently the fight is only coming from the opposition.

Even if vaping is banned and nothing is solved , I am still happy to support a group that ensures that people who spread lies with no basis are punished and the more I see this happen the more I will happily support the group.
16-12-2013, 08:19   #30
stuff.hunter

great stuff...signed in

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion