Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fri/Sat 25th-26th Oct 2019 : Rainfall Warning for SE.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭bazlers

RobertKK wrote: »
    I was flicking through the news channels just there before I do some work and I stopped at Al Jazeera as they were doing a comprehensive take on European weather, with the blocking high to the east and the wet west...
    Anyway they showed some snow possibility for parts of Ireland and the the UK, while over in some parts of eastern Europe they are sweltering in the heat.

It will be a complete reversal when winter actually does arrive don't you know ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Apparently now they're saying tomorrow is going to be a grand day altogether!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Apparently now they're saying tomorrow is going to be a grand day altogether!:rolleyes:

Oh no
    That’s terrible
    Said nobody ever
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

GFS looking more realistic now with rain, lots of rain.
    Small chance of something wintry as it clears early Saturday morning, before the day time temps rise. But looks like rain for most if not all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

RobertKK wrote: »
    GFS looking more realistic now with rain, lots of rain.
    Small chance of something wintry as it clears early Saturday morning, before the day time temps rise. But looks like rain for most if not all.

Yeah, just looked at the latest charts there and they have fallen more in line with the other models.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

They?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Just looked at the Euro 04 and you are right - apart from the 24 hours of rain starting at about 8am tomorrow morning (and it may be longer than 24 hours - it doesn't go out any further) it looks a lovely day......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

This might be silly but...the yellow tint in the sky on a dull day...is that connected to or a precursor to snowfall?

It's felt cold enough to snow

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Maybe too cold for snow by tomorrow! :pac: Just rain! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

This might be silly but...the yellow tint in the sky on a dull day...is that connected to or a precursor to snowfall?

Absolute cracker of a day in Dublin up to about 4pm. Felt positively balmy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

Tomorrow will be cold and damp in Munster and South Leinster. Temps 8c to 10c rain 15 to 25mm

North and West 6 to 8c but very little rain 5mm

Weekend fine and slight frosts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Surprised Wicklow is not included in the yellow warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

HIRLAM summary: a very ordinary cold but wet day tomorrow.

No mentionable cold and no snow.
    No mentionable excess of rain or flooding.

Just muck.

anim_jtc9.gif

anim_hxr6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Note to self. GFS was getting ahead of its self regarding snow.

Note to self. GFS was getting ahead of its self regarding snow.

As it does oh, approximately.. 100% of the time. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

leahyl wrote: »
    Just Waterford and Wexford :confused:

Looks like we dodged the bullet! Though I know I'm hopecasting, but there was crazy rain here Nov before the big 2010
    Freeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

You would have to say gfs was very slow to get the forecast correct for tomorrow. It was constantly showing snow for the South on Friday until it finally gave up today and came into line. I'm not a fan of the gfs since this year's upgrade as it does seem to have a cold bias

I still think tomorrow could be notable for heavy ppn with surface flooding quite likely over the south and east

You would have to say gfs was very slow to get the forecast correct for tomorrow. It was constantly showing snow for the South on Friday until it finally gave up today and came into line. I'm not a fan of the gfs since this year's upgrade as it does seem to have a cold bias

I still think tomorrow could be notable for heavy ppn with surface flooding quite likely over the south and east

It has always had a significant cold bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The more I look at the charts the more I see quite a bit of flooding on offer tomorrow. By Saturday morning some parts of the South and South east will have seen continous rain for over 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

Maybe Johnston and Cork or Roches will end near 50mm

Like this

Johnstone Castle 46mm
    Cork 40mm
    Roches 35mm
    Oak Park 30mm

25mm bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

Euro 4 showing Parts of coastal Wexford in the 40mm rain accumulation up to midday Saturday, very wet for the south east in general.

493682.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Don't say 2010. Not again..twas like Antarctica.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Cork, Kilkenny, Carlow and Wicklow added by ME to the advisory area (in addition to Waterford and Wexford).

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Lovely balmy quiet morning in Dublin

Where did all this forecasting come from. Seriously I had an outdoor contracting job planned for today and I postponed it till Tuesday based on the harbingers of doom on this thread. Its now 8am and I could be setting up for my days work, get the job done and get paid this evening.

Same as the last nonsense......................:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Drifter50 wrote: »

Where did all this forecasting come from. Seriously I had an outdoor contracting job planned for today and I postponed it till Tuesday based on the harbingers of doom on this thread. Its now 8am and I could be setting up for my days work, get the job done and get paid this evening.

Was always a south/southeast event but if people can't read forecasts then I think that is their own fault,Do people have to be taken by the hand now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

You postponed the job based on what you read on this thread!
    What line of work are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lashing rain anyway here in cork city.

Lovely balmy quiet morning in Dublin.

Balmy? 3c?

Give it an hour and the rain will be along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Balmy? You may need to go to the Dr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

What Harbingers of Doom? I've not seen any.

I think you've been reading a different forecast to the rest of us.

Advertisement