Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fri/Sat 25th-26th Oct 2019 : Rainfall Warning for SE.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

Drifter50 wrote: »
    Lovely balmy quiet morning in Dublin

Where did all this forecasting come from. Seriously I had an outdoor contracting job planned for today and I postponed it till Tuesday based on the harbingers of doom on this thread. Its now 8am and I could be setting up for my days work, get the job done and get paid this evening.

Same as the last nonsense......................:mad:

The rain has started in Dublin since you last posted recently and it'll be raining all day, as forecasted. Satisfied now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Where did all this forecasting come from. Seriously I had an outdoor contracting job planned for today and I postponed it till Tuesday based on the harbingers of doom on this thread. Its now 8am and I could be setting up for my days work, get the job done and get paid this evening.

I suggest you look at the latest radar. It is looking like it will be a wet day. Your big one day contract will have to wait for another day anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Cork, Kilkenny, Carlow and Wicklow added by ME to the advisory area (in addition to Waterford and Wexford).

The good old county warning system again.lashing away in south tipp but maybe not as bad near the offaly border so not included

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

You might need to look for a job, cause you can't follow simple weather forecasts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭pauldry

Raining in ballymote but 1c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

So where's this Snow?:mad:
    I'm out here wet to the B****x in North Tipp waiting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭pad199207

Your worse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

Considering the title of this tread includes "Rainfall warning" and has no mention of snow, coupled with the fact that for the past few days the consensus has been that snow would be extremely unlikely except on some of the higher peaks of mountains, I don't know why you are expecting snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

highdef wrote: »
    Considering the title of this tread includes "Rainfall warning" and has no mention of snow, coupled with the fact that for the past few days the consensus has been that snow would be extremely unlikely except on some of the higher peaks of mountains, I don't know why you are expecting snow?

Well to be fair the title did say snowfall up until was changed in the past day or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Typical ordinary soft wet autumn day in the SE, yawn...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just home from Dublin, absolutely horrendous day out there, bucketing cold, cold rain and miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭pad199207

Rotten cold evening in Kildare.

10mm in the gauge

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

pad199207 wrote: »
    10mm in the gauge

Ditto in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭pauldry

5mm in Sligo. Wasnt it sposed to be patchy here. Its lashing

• Registered Users Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Dreadful cold, wet, depressing day in Dublin. Nothing more to be said really.

Still reckon there will be a dusting on the highest ground in Wicklow by morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,570 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Very wet and cold in N. Louth.
    Dog refusing to go out for his walk. More sense than myself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not often we see big temperature drops like this in October. 17C in parts of southern and central England. Single digits everywhere north of Central Wales. Ice day in parts of the Scottish highlands.

temp_uk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well to be fair the title did say snowfall up until was changed in the past day or so.

Yes but not sure anyone guaranteed snow in North Tipp for angry men in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Gonzo wrote: »
    not often we see big temperature drops like this in October. 17C in parts of southern and central England. Single digits everywhere north of Central Wales. Ice day in parts of the Scottish highlands.

temp_uk.png

"Not often"
    Really?
    Would have thought they were very standard temperatures and ranges at this time of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I take it the shannon radar is down? Radar on met.ie looks wrong....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I take it the shannon radar is down? Radar on met.ie looks wrong....

Looks to be... Again.. netweather showing rain magically appearing by Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thank you, and yes it did and to someone committed to working outdoors seeing that initial forecast of course they wisely took heed and cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Got a total of 14.7mm from this event in South Laois. Cold throughout with temperatures ranging from a low of 4.0c to a high of just 6.8c. Skies currently clearing with patchy fog. Sunshine is just coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

15.5mm rainfall recorded here North Cork with a low of 5.6C over previous 36 hours. This morning cool & foggy which has burnt off to a bright clear sunny morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Beautiful in cork city - just loving these autumn days :-)

There was a brief sleety shower in Galway a short time ago.

Advertisement