Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

They're very cool !

Gracious :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

hunger is the best sauce.. hate sauce though... happy that the storm cannot last for ever.. Can it?

Will be happy when the weather eases and the house is not cold and damp. Thought had finished with getting coal in and after last weeks upset re the delivery no way can I face that again and there has been no follow up

happy days wil come welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

This morning I'm the only person in the office due to various doctors appointments and meetings. Pure, quiet bliss until after lunchtime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The morning is better than forecasted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Got into work a little earlier than normal :)
    Here's hoping I can leave a little earlier than normal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

This morning I'm the only person in the office due to various doctors appointments and meetings. Pure, quiet bliss until after lunchtime!

Christ I'd love that. No boundaries in this office. Girl next to me roaring down the phone at whoever she's talking to. Give it a f** rest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

northgirl wrote: »
    Christ I'd love that. No boundaries in this office. Girl next to me roaring down the phone at whoever she's talking to. Give it a f** rest!

It's an absolute joy! The 'mature' gentleman I share an office with can't work a mouse properly. Every time he needs to move the cursor he lifts the mouse about a centimeter, moves it in the air, then drops it. Since he seems to do nothing but play solitaire all day this can get quite irritating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'm on lunchtime every Tuesday but I'm free just before and I just spent a lovely half hour sunning myself in the car ! Finally a bit of Vit D ! Back to the grind now nicely refreshed.

This made me chuckle so I think it qualifies.. One of those unintentionally serenditiy timings you could never organise

Blowing a gale here and the path between the dwelling and the old cowshed becomes a windtunnel..

So I bobbed out fast to letdog "go pee", and maybe find something to burn

My big boy cat comes racing towards me so i welcome him and open the door to let him go in...

To realise that he was in fact being hotly pursued by Stinkertom , who tries to stop when he realises I AND DOG are there.. he screeches to an inelegant halt, cartoon style.... dog sees him , and the chase is ON .. dog cannot get through the gap the tom has used but she races back past me and round the dwelling after Stinkertom and BOY< can she run .

My cat safe inside, dog exercised, and me relaxed as only laughter can effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

As ridiculous as it sounds, got a diagnosis that accounts for how rubbish I have been as a person for the last couple of weeks, and that is making me relieved and happy.
    Looking forward to being back at work to say no actually, not just really struggling with workload, just ridiculously exhausted from this actual condition I have had...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm on lunchtime every Tuesday but I'm free just before and I just spent a lovely half hour sunning myself in the car ! Finally a bit of Vit D ! Back to the grind now nicely refreshed.

Not to rain on your parade, but you need to be exposed to UV rays for vit. D, and the car windows usually have a built-in UV protection. Still, it's lovely to warm your bones in the car, I used to bring a book and have my lunch in there. :) And the sunlight still helps with the mood, anyway. :)

TG1 wrote: »
    As ridiculous as it sounds, got a diagnosis that accounts for how rubbish I have been as a person for the last couple of weeks, and that is making me relieved and happy.
    Looking forward to being back at work to say no actually, not just really struggling with workload, just ridiculously exhausted from this actual condition I have had...

Join the enlightened.. mu illness is in full spate again and knowing what it is that is draining me helps greatly/

Knowledge is POWER ..well done you!

The perfusion of flower and growth in the garden. Daffodils and hyacinths (wonderful scent) in full flower. Some Perennial flowers have put on a foot of growth in a week. Bellflowers, poppies, lilies, geraniums, monkshood etc. all bursting into growth. Flowering shrubs all budded and promising a great display. The regrowth of Spring always warms my heart.

New Home wrote: »
    Not to rain on your parade, but you need to be exposed to UV rays for vit. D, and the car windows usually have a built-in UV protection. Still, it's lovely to warm your bones in the car, I used to bring a book and have my lunch in there. :) And the sunlight still helps with the mood, anyway. :)

Doh !

448459.jpg

Back home now and it's miserable, but anyway, to stick with the botanical trend, I'm very TH that my little crab apple tree is finally flowering yearly, and this year there are more (beautifully red) flowers than last year.
    It only took about 5 to 6 years after planting. :rolleyes:

The sun is out and that is HAPPY :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Correct :D

She's too small to appreciate Cadburys anyway :D

(Awaits backlash for robbing a small childs egg..)

I didn't eat her Egg , I couldn't be that bad .

Ate the Smarties one instead :(

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I didn't eat her Egg , I couldn't be that bad .

Ate the Smarties one instead :(

Nobility, your name is Mam of 4 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Graces7 wrote: »
    Join the enlightened.. mu illness is in full spate again and knowing what it is that is draining me helps greatly/

Knowledge is POWER ..well done you!
    Or give the divil a name and then you can look him in the eye and take control

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Or give the divil a name and then you can look him in the eye and take control

with this maladie, the way forward is softly softly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The kids have lost a plot. There is a dog running around the yard. It's very funny!

Wakening slowly, the gentle distant sound of a radio in another room, opening an eye to brightness, and the smell of bacon grilling.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

and the smell of bacon grilling.

Making me hungry

*licks lips*

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hedgehogs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Half Day today :)

safe inside as the wind howls out there..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Duvet covers and sheets blowing on the line on a fine dry warmish day .! Bliss

The yellow gladioli bulbs I planted so recently are showing green and white shoots ...

and the wind has run out of puff ;)

Well it stopped raining and the sun is out, so no need for a jacket hopefully \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My 82 year old mother led me astray this morning.
    Convinced me to pick some wild primrose plants from the side of some country boreen. We got chased by the local landowner.
    She is still laughing her head off at my goodie two shoes attitude.

• Advertisement

My 82 year old mother led me astray this morning.
    Convinced me to pick some wild primrose plants from the side of some country boreen. We got chased by the local landowner.
    She is still laughing her head off at my goodie two shoes attitude.

OH NO! Was he cross!!!!....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Graces7 wrote: »
    OH NO! Was he cross!!!!....

We did not hang around to find out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The Dublin Beds logo in the ad at the top of this page :)

Finding things of such beauty. Came across it on a beach and learned it is called the compass jellyfish

We did not hang around to find out!

Your mother sounds a character ;):)

Got a first coat on the shed, in the sunshine. That blasting wing should dry it in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I've been crying with laughter watching the dog chasing a frog around the garden. She discovered that if she gave the frog a tap of her paw, it would jump. And they were off! The frog headed straight for the stream and that ended the fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Told my boss/supervisor person that I'm going away for a couple of days in May and won't be in, she said I might as well take the full week off :D

Mr M got me an itunes voucher last Christmas.
    Had 40 euros left on it.
    Took my time but finally purchased 3 albums that I haven't listened to in years (cds are long gone to cd heaven).

I'm listening to a song that twisted my insides and took my breath away then, as it is now. Maaaan it's good.

I'm gonna be like a boy racer in the car.

Getting back to my gardening work tomorrow. I've really missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

In Rice Cake Heaven. I may turn into one! :o

Happy to be here.... among happy people...

Sending you flowers..... all home grown.

A phone call, to know if I'll be home in the morning, from a distant cousin who's great craic and passing through tomorrow. Should be enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

A freezing cold can of coke!

KatW4 wrote: »
    A freezing cold can of coke!

You just reminded me I have the glass bottles of coke, I must use them! TH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

You just reminded me I have the glass bottles of coke, I must use them! TH!

The glass bottles are the best! Haven't had one in ages.

The glass bottles are the best! Haven't had one in ages.

Yes! you can get them in Dunnes atm, 4.50 for 4.

A neighbour popped in tonight, an hour and a half flew by. Nothing like a good old gossip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Yes! you can get them in Dunnes atm, 4.50 for 4.

Nice one! Will definitely be purchasing.

• Advertisement

My coffee was absolutely perfect, and absolutely delicious.

Also, my neighbours' youngest grandchild gave me a big baby-incisors-only smile this morning, and kicked his little legs happily when I talked to him. Happy 1st birthday, F.! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement