Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alter Bridge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I got a digital copy on iTunes (thanks to my brother because I can't use it :o) the day it came out but I don't have the actual CD yet. I'll get it at some point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I got a digital copy on iTunes (thanks to my brother because I can't use it :o) the day it came out but I don't have the actual CD yet. I'll get it at some point :)

I take it your brother has been playing the digital copy for a while then, i'll be happy when i get the physical copy

He synced it to my mp3 player but he hasn't heard it yet. He's slightly obsessed with Arctic Monkeys at the moment and hasn't listened to much else in weeks. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Was blown away by AB in Nottingham on the 16th - would love to see them here, but they've have to be part of a big bill or doing a smaller venue Tour - just don't see either happening in the near future, but you never know......

Got my copy of FORTRESS today, and mother of god it is hands down AMAZING from start to finish, definitely worth the 3 year wait

Had a 2nd spin of FORTRESS today, and damn it's tough picking favourites, all 12 tracks are amazing in their own way

Myles' vocals at the beginning of Calm The Fire give me goosebumps every time I hear it. :D

I'm not really sure why but I'm not a huge fan of Bleed It Dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Giving Fortress a first listening now - really enjoyable, it gets my thumbs up :D:D

I found a couple of the songs take two or three listens before you get into them but the rest you get into straight away. All Ends Well is probably my favourite. :)

Alter Bridge to play the Sunday at Download 2014 before Aerosmith, should be the other way around to be honest

1463091_10151826587543558_978809499_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,479 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Alter Bridge to play the Sunday at Download 2014 before Aerosmith, should be the other way around to be honest

Joking right? And I'd wanna see AB more. Hopefully get an Irish date in the days beforehand.

Mushy wrote: »
    Joking right? And I'd wanna see AB more. Hopefully get an Irish date in the days beforehand.

Alter Bridge deserve a chance to close out the Sunday @ Download, Aerosmith did it 3 years ago, Alter Bridge have a 3 month break in March so maybe they'd play Ireland before then, unless Slash feels the need to tour & borrow Myles

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Aerosmith are the bigger band, I can see why they'd be the closing act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,479 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Alter Bridge deserve a chance to close out the Sunday @ Download, Aerosmith did it 3 years ago, Alter Bridge have a 3 month break in March so maybe they'd play Ireland before then, unless Slash feels the need to tour & borrow Myles

Having A7X as headliner is risky enough, bumping up Alter Bridge would be suicide for the fest. Especially with Aerosmith playing, they were never headlining.

Saw that on Twitter yesterday. Was thinking the exact same thing about an Irish date. Cross your fingers!

Some Alter Bridge documentary's

The Making Of Blackbird

Alter Bridge One By One Documentary Part 1

Alter Bridge One By One Documentary Part 2

Alter Bridge One By One Documentary Part 3

Alter Bridge One By One Documentary Part 4

Guess what I'll be watching for the next couple of nights! :D

Mr. Myles Kennedy

tumblr_mvsyz8Deiu1s9nimxo1_500.jpg

• Advertisement

Courtesy of @TheABNation on Twitter, ''2014 holds great things for @alterbridge and #TheABNation!!! All will be revealed soon''

Irish shows perhaps??

Cross your fingers and toes and whatever else you can cross!! :p

Start praying for an Irish show announcement

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

well they are playing the #1 support slot to Aerosmith on the Sunday of Download so they are around....you never know!

I'll be seeing them at Download anyway - so hopefully I will get to see them twice!

well they are playing the #1 support slot to Aerosmith on the Sunday of Download so they are around....you never know!

I'll be seeing them at Download anyway - so hopefully I will get to see them twice!

Lucky you,

• Advertisement

January 6th 2014 marks 10 years of Alter Bridge

I'd love the X boxset :)

I'd love the X boxset as well, but it's bloody expensive

If it wasn't I'd be saving up for it!

From TheAlterBridgeNation Facebook page

Miss the in depth Team Rock interview with Myles Kennedy? Check out this link to listen: http://www.putlocker.com/file/83B05D0F1B7E3D36 (Much thanks & credit to chtimixeur from the forums for the upload)

*Link must be downloaded

• Advertisement

Mr. Miraculous Myles Kennedy - 44 Years old today

10.%20Myles%20Kennedy.jpg

Good Lord. ;)

I tweeted a Happy Birthday to Myles, fingers crossed he see it

Me too :D

From the Alter Bridge Facebook

Proud that we will be direct support for Aerosmith on June 25, 2014 at Fiera Arena in Milan Italy. Tix on sale now!

if they announce that show in dublin i may cry with happiness!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 djosullivan98

if they announce that show in dublin i may cry with happiness!

Dublin show?!?!?! Tell me more!

i said IF they announce it! that's all - just pure wishful thinking on my part!

I love both aerosmith and alter bridge and i was all set to go to download next year - but then sonisphere was announced and it is too good to pass up on - even if only 2 headliners/acts have been announced (nothing else of the download line up interests me!)

fingeres crossed - but i got an email from aero force one listing the "european tour" and it didn't mention anything of dates to be added! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 djosullivan98

AB in Dublin would be great. I went to Wembley in October to see them. They were awesome \m/

• Advertisement

Alter Bridge European Tour 2013 outtakes

A milestone year for Alter Bridge, celebrating a decade as a band, here's to the next successful decade

(Also today marks exactly 1 year since Alter Bridge began work on Fortress)

*UPDATE KLAXON* Myles & Mark appeared on That Metal Show in the U.S which was taped on a Tuesday, but airs on a Saturday on VH1 Classic

Myles & Mark discussed Fortress & the band’s forthcoming tour and what’s next for both of them in terms of their side and solo projects.

(Another Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators album :D, and Tremonti 2)

http://loudwire.com/alter-bridge-myles-kennedy-mark-tremonti-that-metal-show-episode/

Tremonti 2 :D

Excellent, the first one was fantastic!

1st Tremonti album was dynamite, looking forward to the new Slash album as well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yep really enjoyed it. Probably enjoyed it even more than Fortress.

Alter Bridge's appearance on That Metal Show from this past weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Pesonally Id rather Slash didnt suck the life out of Myles and left him concentrate on AB, I can see its of benefit as when I saw them live on different occasions there was so much hey whos that guy? Oh hes the vocalist of Alter Bridge you should check them out so in a way hes still promoting his core band when on the road with Slash. Id rather Velvet Revolver patched up with Scott prob more of a chance of that happening than GnR anyway.

Pesonally Id rather Slash didnt suck the life out of Myles and left him concentrate on AB, I can see its of benefit as when I saw them live on different occasions there was so much hey whos that guy? Oh hes the vocalist of Alter Bridge you should check them out so in a way hes still promoting his core band when on the road with Slash. Id rather Velvet Revolver patched up with Scott prob more of a chance of that happening than GnR anyway.

I can see where your coming from with Slash nicking Myles from Alter Bridge, but when Myles is on the road with Slash it works because as you said people will wonder who the singer is and they'll be inclined to check out Alter Bridge after seeing Myles tour with Slash.

Velvet Revolver are dead in the water, same with trying to patch things up with Scott, Slash actually said in an interview that's he's more comfortable doing his solo project, and i'm pretty confident that Duff, Matt & Dave would share Slash's sentiment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Velvet Revolver are dead in the water, same with trying to patch things up with Scott, Slash actually said in an interview that's he's more comfortable doing his solo project, and i'm pretty confident that Duff, Matt & Dave would share Slash's sentiment

Yeah thats the problem Duffs doin that Walking Papers rubbish and I think Matt workin on a new solo record shame the hole Scott finds himself when he left to do STP again supposedly the others werent happy with that and STP have then since got rid also.

With VR it seemed Slash was just another member of a band people came to hear the original material. But with Slash basically being used as the brand name I personally think it restricts the originallity as tickets are bein snapped up by people who just want a GnR set.

Advertisement