Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alter Bridge

• 02-11-2008 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭*tOpLaSs

Ties That Bind is the song on constant repeat for me at the moment.
    and Blackbird was a good album..
    What do people think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

I've posted about them before but the responses are usually pretty thin on the ground unfortunately. Personally I think they're great, the combination of Tremonti and Kennedy on guitar/vocals is awesome and Blackbird has proved that they're really developing as a band. The choice of singles has been somewhat of a let down but I'd put that solely down to Universal wanting the most radio friendly releases out there.

Definitely hoping to catch them live on the next tour though, saw them back in 2004 and they were class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Can't do it lads. I think Tremonti is an awesome axe player...

Though I keep expecting Creed everytime I listen to them and just can't warm to them unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭ladystrange

Have to say this band have totally blown me away. I only discovered them this earlier this year but they have become one of my favourite bands in a very short period of time. Blackbird is an amazing album, not a filler on it, the opening track Ties That Bind is the perfect start to a perfect album. Their first album One Day Remains is superb as well. Both albums are played in my house at least once a week & I aint grown tired of either yet. :)

I dont know if the fact that although I'd heard of, but never heard much from, Creed before has anything to do with it but I cant rate these guys enough.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Really like them as well ordered Black Bird last week so waiting for it to arrive sometime this week. I love Metalingus , Open Your Eyes , In Loving Memory , Rise Today and the new single Watch Over You(which i am listening to at the monet) Myles has a great voice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Big fan of alterbridge. Both albums imo are near fawless. They may not be metals saviors or whatever but if your looking for a semi radio freindly hard rock band with loads of tallent look no further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

oh man i love metalingus but i actually dont know any other material by them.

oh man i love metalingus but i actually dont know any other material by them.
    Come to mine someday and il give you there albums, metalingus isnt even one of there best tunes imo!

Patricide wrote: »
    Come to mine someday and il give you there albums, metalingus isnt even one of there best tunes imo!

Ah it cant get much better than that. many a night spent rocking out drunk to it. Isnt the lead singer in that rock film with mark walhburg also? Class singer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

I seen these in astoria in london back in Jan of this year. Great gig....I have always been a fan though,since they began in 04..Not sure why but it did take me longer to warm to blackbird than the first album, but do love it now

I read somewhere, responses from Tremonti, about Myles being the new singer for Zepplin, he said AB will go on regardless.

Also might be of interest to fans of this band reading this thread:

Myles first band 'The Mayfield four' ...get their albums, some pretty decent tunes. They only had 2 albums but 'eden' is pretty good.

PS....They are playing in London this saturday night, seriously considering going...

wait what?
    Signing for Zepplin :confused:
    Any links?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭ladystrange

I heard that rumour about Zep as well on another forum but not sure just how true it is. It'd be a great step for Myles Kennedy but a great loss to Alter Bridge, they seem to be so suited to each other.

Would love to be going to see them on Saturday - Brixton Academy isnt it? Heading to London the weekend after and couldnt do 2 weekends in a row. :mad:

Apparently there were roumers of chris cornell too singing for zep, i wouldnt be interested in seeing em without plant though TBH.

Anyway back on topic yea myles was in the end of rockstar, the guy who gets pulled on stage by mark wallburg(or however you spell it) to be his replacment in steel dragon.

Would be terrible to lose him as the singer in alterbridge, i dont think he could be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

HBK wrote: »
    Myles first band 'The Mayfield four' ...get their albums, some pretty decent tunes. They only had 2 albums but 'eden' is pretty good.
    Yea, another great band to be honest. Kennedy's vocals in Summergirl are un-bloody-believable at the end. Fave tune has to be Sick And Wrong though, great tune to play nice and loud. ;)

He was also in a two Jazz Fusion bands back in the day called Citizen Swing and Cosmic Dust. Managed to pick up the albums by them off Amazon and some obscure Jazz site and gotta say, there's some fantastic playing on them.

Gotta check that stuff out then, myles has gotta be one of the most unsung heros of modern hard rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Only found out about these earlier this year and thought they were excellent. Saw them at Download in June and they were excellent (but nobody ever moves at their sets?!); great stadium/festival sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

A friend introduced me to them a couple of years ago, they're excellent. I'd love to see them live sometime! One Day Remains was an instant classic, while Blackbird is a bit of grower. I haven't listened to them in ages, must do so soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Chrisi

I had never heard of Alterbridge until my boyfriend introduced me to their music. I was blown away by both albums, but in particular I love the song "In Loving Memory" Tremonti wrote it for his mam who died of cancer, and Myles sings it beautifully. Myles has one of the best voices of all time in my opinion, and I think the band are VERY underrated. If you can see them seperate and not compare them to creed (Scott boils my blood) then I think alot of people would appreciate them more :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

New Alter Bridge album out in september/october. Its described as dynamic, heavy and dark. That couldnt sound more epic for an alter bridge album. Mark is singing on one of the songs which is kind of ridiculous given that Myles is one of the best vocalists around but i suppose mark has a decent voice. Cant wait for the new single its supposed to be the heaviest song they have done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Awesome, have my fingers and toes crossed that they'll hopefully play a gig here once they start touring..

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

Anyone know the title of the new album?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

AB III

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

One of my all time favourites, good to see many others view in as high esteem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I remember being at Black Stone Cherry a few years back and before they came on, Find The Real started playing over the P.A. Pleasantly surprised to see loads rocking to it. Hopefully they'll play here at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

awesome band.

Voltwad, How amazing are black stone cherry live?:eek: I couldn't believe how good they were, then again I hadn't been listening to them for very long before the gig.

Back to Alterbridge, I reckon isolation is gonna be a cracker of a song. Would b amazing if they played in Ireland, At the slash gig, Me and the boyfriend had alterbridge tshirts and held them up and started chanting alterbridge, Myles looked over at us with a big grin on his face :D

Alterbridge in Ireland.... We can always dream :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Chrisi wrote: »
    Voltwad, How amazing are black stone cherry live?:eek: I couldn't believe how good they were, then again I hadn't been listening to them for very long before the gig.

Back to Alterbridge, I reckon isolation is gonna be a cracker of a song. Would b amazing if they played in Ireland, At the slash gig, Me and the boyfriend had alterbridge tshirts and held them up and started chanting alterbridge, Myles looked over at us with a big grin on his face :D

Alterbridge in Ireland.... We can always dream :)
    BSC were one of the best live acts I've ever seen.

Yeah it's a dream of mine, Myles if you're reading this, stall it :)

Yeah BSC definitely one of the best live bands out there today. Airbourne are amazing too. Their playing near the end of this year, If you haven't seen them yet, Go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I saw myles when we was with slash a few months back in vicar street, brilliant voice and sounds just as good live!

I'm a big alter bridge fan, Great music, brilliant vocals, just straight out balls to the wall rock!! Love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

Song called isolation from their new album
    I love it!

• Advertisement

What a song! Very, very catchy and maybe a little more commercial than some of their other stuff, so it'll probably (hopefully) get some good plays on the radio, I think this will be the album to really get their name out there :)

Advertisement