Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutter..was it you.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭disco1

Who had the lazer gun to measure the speed?

I was doing 50..and slowing

What makes you think it's a genuine complaint? Perhaps the OP is a crap descender (like me) and just envious of another's confidence in the wet/dark?

The reason many of us made light of it is because these type of threads are just so pointless. If I see a motorist/motorcyclist driving in a manner which I don't approve, I don't feel the need to start a thread about it in the Motoring/Motorcycle Forum. Nor do I feel it gives anyone else a bad name.

Why bother replying if there pointless..we could do without your pointless input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

eagle eye wrote: »
    The response here is so childish.

Fact of the matter is that bad cyclists give everybody a bad name and lead to laws which are unfair to a responsible person.

Even though I cycle into work this kind of muppetry is why I don’t side with cyclists (that and the lyrca nonsense).

Coming into howth village at that speed is dangerous for the cyclist (but who cares) but more importantly anybody crossing the road.

Same if we raise an a thread on the behaviour of every cyclist breaking the rules of the road we would break the server.

Actually for every road user!

Again dont reply if its pointless , go elsewhere doing what ever it is that you do , butting in on pointless threads I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Just out of interest, what point was the cyclist doing 70. There's probably a couple of spots you could hit 70 coming down from the Summit pub, safely, and for a short time.
    Not me though, I spend too much time thinking the worse when descending into the village which has me on the brakes most of the time.

• Advertisement

De Bhál wrote: »
    Just out of interest, what point was the cyclist doing 70. There's probably a couple of spots you could hit 70 coming down from the Summit pub, safely, and for a short time.
    Not me though, I spend too much time thinking the worse when descending into the village which has me on the brakes most of the time.

On the approach to first set of lights..and into the bend...then final straight try village.

Done now on this as too many childish remarks I'd love to meet some of them in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

the fastest point is this stretch: https://goo.gl/maps/zw9iXu4dN9N2

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Mod Note

Rather than start dealing with each instance of eejitry, I think its best that I just lock this because otherwise I'd be here all day.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement