Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutter..was it you.

Options
  • 27-11-2018 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

SOME NUTTER ..this evening going down howth village in the dark...wet roads..at 70 kph..I was doing 50 and he flew past..almost missed a car Coming up the hill.

Was it you.

Your neither brave or skilled..just stupid..and must have no regard for your family.if you have one that it.

There was no way in hell to avoid an accident if one small thing happened.

Anyway each to their own.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

sorry!

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

disco1 wrote: »
    almost missed a car Coming up

You mean he hit a car ?
    Hope he's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Alexzont

Yeah, sorry about that. Was trying to KOM a downhill segment like Phil Gaimon.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

I am Spartacus!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭disco1

No he didn't hit car...but he will do soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

No I'm Spartacus

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

He must have been on a Raleigh Burner to be going that slow into the village . I’ve seen lads do that heading into the Abbey Tavern . Great thread in fairness :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

don't think it was me, i was cycling up howth head at 70 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

He slowed to 70 because it was wet. Not worth the risk.

....and last year it was complaints about cyclist holding up other traffic in Howth!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,220 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

More importantly was he wearing a hi viz vest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The response here is so childish.

Fact of the matter is that bad cyclists give everybody a bad name and lead to laws which are unfair to a responsible person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

eagle eye wrote: »

Fact of the matter is that bad cyclists give everybody a bad name and lead to laws which are unfair to a responsible person.

Could you please explain why you think that they are a bad cyclist?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Fact of the matter is that bad cyclists give everybody a bad name
    *everybody*?
    taxi drivers will be livid about being tarred with this brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Was fully expecting that he was looking for a member called nutter

Could you please explain why you think that they are a bad cyclist?
    The op says he is neither brave nor skilled just stupid.
    He was there so I'm taking his word. None of the rest of you were.

I'm just jealous of his descending skills!

*everybody*? taxi drivers will be livid about being tarred with this brush.

Again, childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

The op says he is neither brave nor skilled just stupid.
    He was there so I'm taking his word. None of the rest of you were.

But his nutter tag suggests more one with a mental incapacity but with a fleeting sense of chapeau thrown in.

Did anyone check Strava for actual speeds tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

He was trying out his new disc brakes, so he was grand.

Personally it doesn’t bother me when someone gets the better of me on a descent!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

No I'm Spartacus

I'm Spartacus and so's my wife!

• Advertisement

Strong southwesterly winds forecast for tomorrow...75 might be doable?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

He could have hit one of those lethal fence posts someone warned us about some time back. He'd be dead then, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Sorry it was me. Those Shimano brake pads on alibaba are ****e, BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Most of the responses here are a perfect example why a lot of people think that cyclists and the people on this forum are dicks. So much condescension.
    The op came on with a genuine complaint and was met with derrision and sniggers. Not really on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

He must have been on a Raleigh Burner to be going that slow into the village . I’ve seen lads do that heading into the Abbey Tavern . Great thread in fairness :)

I miss my 80’s Raleigh Burner and my Activator 2. This thread is bringing the memories flooding back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,366 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Do bad country people give country people a bad name ?
    Do bad white people give white people a bad name?
    And so on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

FanadMan wrote: »
    ...The op came on with a genuine complaint and was met with derrision and sniggers. Not really on.
    What makes you think it's a genuine complaint? Perhaps the OP is a crap descender (like me) and just envious of another's confidence in the wet/dark?

The reason many of us made light of it is because these type of threads are just so pointless. If I see a motorist/motorcyclist driving in a manner which I don't approve, I don't feel the need to start a thread about it in the Motoring/Motorcycle Forum. Nor do I feel it gives anyone else a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

The reason many of us made light of it is because these type of threads are just so pointless. If I see a motorist/motorcyclist driving in a manner which I don't approve, I don't feel the need to start a thread about it in the Motoring/Motorcycle Forum. Nor do I feel it gives anyone else a bad name.

THIS +1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

If I say +2 to WAs post would it be considered childish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭sham58107

What makes you think it's a genuine complaint? Perhaps the OP is a crap descender (like me) and just envious of another's confidence in the wet/dark?

Maybe not you but many do ! check the cycling forum.

Why guys wear black without lights beats me, same as dicks in cars without lights it is November !! evenings are dark and dismal, and if some unfortunate driver pedestrian had been involved in accident with this guy, who would be on keyboards now!!

I probably cycle 6-7000 km a year and drive maybe 60-70000, so I see both sides, a lot of fools on both sides, but recently in Dublin the cycle behaviour is shocking, guys in black no lights passing on inside when cars at lights are clearly indicating to go left, drivers have enough to do trying to negotiate traffic without this. Yes some drivers are very bad as well and the one eyed car on country roads really gets me, as do phone usage. Most modern cars tell you if you have bulb out and all have Bluetooth, BTW I came across a very special Ford last week , the only one factory forgot to fit with indicators.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement