Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - September 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No real rain here and calm enough at ground level but I've never seen the trees on my street moving as much as they are now. Tempted to unplug everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

amacachi wrote: »
    No real rain here and calm enough at ground level but I've never seen the trees on my street moving as much as they are now. Tempted to unplug everything.

why unplug everything ?

rain an windy here ... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

NIALL D wrote: »
    why unplug everything ?

rain an windy here ... :(

Lights flickering etc. Lost a PC power supply a few years ago thanks to a 20 second power cut followed by surges. The TV has already spazzed out this morning.

amacachi wrote: »
    Lights flickering etc. Lost a PC power supply a few years ago thanks to a 20 second power cut followed by surges. The TV has already spazzed out this morning.

ah , i see . better to be safe than sorry..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Very stormy here at the moment..

• Advertisement

Extreme downpour at the moment , wouldn't mind having rainfall gauge in a day like today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yeah same here, absolutely poured down from 12 to 5pm, the ground is totally saturated from the past few days

Cleared up a bit now but looking at the next few days it looks like more of the same so a big flooding risk for lower ground

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Gale force winds in West Dublin presently... not a night to be out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,079 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A wet and windy day/night in Castlebar with prolonged showers and blustery Westerly winds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Calmed down now. Lots of rain and wind earlier! Even recorded a gust of 25 mph!:D And that's from the hollow I live in, I can only imagine if my wee weather station was placed in a better position what it could have measured today! 25mm/h rainfall recorded at one point this evening!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Looks like it was a windy day back home yesterday with a max gust of 55km/h recorded. Currently there its dry with a temp of 12.8c.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

Here in Tainan its cloudy, temp 31.6c feeling hot and humid at 10.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Heavy showers. Breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Limerick county -> just a light breeze here now but just after a very heavy shower of rain. Talking to a friend in Spain yesterday 30 degrees and no breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Overcast at the moment, 13 (°C) and still a bit windy at Sutton Coldfiled
    and now the Sun as just come out as I type this!

Such a horrible day here, rain rain rain.
    I seen a clip on RTE news from waterford today and it shows people going around in their summer clothes and the weather is nice and dry, Looks like a different country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Rain.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Rain.

here too ... + wind

• Registered Users Posts: 48,140 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rain.wind.bleak.depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

km79 wrote: »
    Rain.wind.bleak.depressing

Just came back from walking the dog, it was raining and the winds makes feels at lot more colder then it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

rain rain and more rain, oh and the heating is on :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,079 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Another wet and windy day in Castlebar.Not alot more to say really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Wet and miserable. lots of that misty rain that soaks you to the bone. By the way my weather station is off-line until late Sunday night or Monday morning. :( Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

eskimocat wrote: »
    Wet and miserable. lots of that misty rain that soaks you to the bone. By the way my weather station is off-line until late Sunday night or Monday morning. :( Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

A once in a lifetime event called Debbie could happen on sunday night and monday morning, talkabout bad timing! :o

Still pouring rain here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

14 deg,cloudy,wind southerly 2-3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Overcast and mild, warm southerly moving in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Not a bad day here today. Sunny and mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Very light shower, very humid feel today. Handheld says 17C? And 73.2% RH. Not sure about the accuracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

After a cloudy start, there are now clear blue skies in Cork city and it's 22.2C, warmest in a few weeks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Mostly cloudy, A mild 19.4c

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Every radio station I listened to this morning said that snow is only a few weeks away. What do ye think? Are we in for a long winter this year?

Advertisement