Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas strike general thread (mandatory: read warning in post #1)

Options
1484950515254»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

Details of the movement?

You didn't seem to suggest this when I asked if they were still the claims on day one of the strike previously in the thread?

Which is it? They were either the claims that still stood on the first day of industrial action, or they weren't and they are 15 month old claims?

SIPTU halved the claim, SIPTU are looking for improvements in 3 basic areas to the WRC proposals, that's where the game is now, not in that document.

That document was ridiculous it was never going to be obtainable it was an opening position the same way CPI payments are ridiculous and never going to be accepted but they were an opening position.

You are getting hung up on positions taken months ago and that have been on from.

The strike wasn't to achieve that document it was toove transdev from the CPI position.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,130 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

cdebru wrote: »
    That's great but what are you trying to say ? If transdev do a deal and their employees accept it, how will you stop it ? You don't even know what the demands are you know what the proposals were 15 months ago.

Hehheh :D

You know exactly what I am saying :cool:

bobmalooka wrote: »
    I actually don't think I can be any more clear than what I said above.

I'll take your comments as sincere and try to progress the discussion.

In the manner you expressed I would not accept it as a Transdev document (if we have to reduce things to absolute terms)

However back to the actual scenario,
    Given the circumstances it is reasonable to accept as a fair representation of the SIPTU claim.

Do you agree. Yes or No?

You never answered my question ?

However it could well be, however the point is moot as SIPTU have removed those proposals from the table

SIPTU halved the claim, SIPTU are looking for improvements in 3 basic areas to the WRC proposals, that's where the game is now, not in that document.

That document was ridiculous it was never going to be obtainable it was an opening position the same way CPI payments are ridiculous and never going to be accepted but they were an opening position.

You are getting hung up on positions taken months ago and that have been on from.

The strike wasn't to achieve that document it was toove transdev from the CPI position.

You haven't answered the question I asked you. Nor even got near it! Can you try again please?
    You didn't seem to suggest that the claim was old when I asked if they were still the claims on day one of the strike previously in the thread?. And here.

Which is it? They were either the claims that still stood on the first day of industrial action, or they weren't and they are 15 month old claims?

Hehheh :D

You know exactly what I am saying :cool:

Honestly I don't, how would you stop any deal between transdev and it's employees ?

• Advertisement

You haven't answered the question I asked you. Nor even got near it! Can you try again please?

Afaik they were the proposals from both sides on day one so what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

To be perfectly honest some of the "debate" here the last few posts seems to be going nowhere. Half the stuff in seeing right now would probably belong better in the conspiracy forum. Maybe a mod might wanna cool some heads down?

This is bizarre.
    Take a look at this post here, your answer to my question contained within.

I asked you to explain how you could PR Spin the figures given.

You answered by suggesting that the figures were 15 months old.

You previously never mentioned this when I asked you if the figures were valid on day one of the Industrial Action taken by the drivers.

Firstly;
    Secondly;
    How can you PR spin a figure? Figures which have been independently assessed? :confused:

As an example, try and PR Spin this table I created from those independently assessed costs to suit Transdev. Then try and Spin them to suit SIPTU.
    What spin? It's an interesting document when you break it down by additional amount required by paylevel - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99009602&postcount=520

Grade Employee Count 5 year Additional cost 1 year additional cost per employee
    Traffic Supervisors 16 1,000,000 12,500
    Revenue Protection Supervisors 8 554,000 13,850
    Revenue Protection Officers 37 1,650,000 8,919
    Tram Drivers 172 19,500,000 22,674
    Pension 233 2,000,000 1,717

Only figures from that document used, so what spin? If you have a breakdown of the number of drivers currently at each stage (which year of employment) we can do a weighted average increase...

The cost of their claims, independently assessed by Mazars have been presented there.

I am still waiting on your explanation on how the costings of the claims could be 'PR Spin'.
    I would also like to know if your position regarding the claim on day one of the Industrial Action has now changed from your previous one?

As an aside, is there any particular reason for making this so difficult? Requiring me to repeat myself so frequently?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think this dead horse has not only been flogged to it's current state, but ground to dust by going round in circles

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement